Tocotrienol\Toco-8

Jacob

Reaction score
2020 said:
Jacob Jacob Jacob.... how do you explain the fact that TOCO-SORB is missing FOUR INGREDIENTS that toco-8 has?

:shakehead:

It's not. It's only 3 if you want to go by what's on the site you linked to. But..again....and you didn't answer the question in here...
First of all...I personally would prefer a product with NO tocopherols. Second....again..notice the mcg amounts in Toco8- I think Jarrow just doesn't bother to mention them because of that..and again- look how vague they are on their own website and even other places that sell them- they don't even mention the amount, separately, of tocopherols.
Third..they use SupraBio..Tocomin..are you saying they don't?
Fourth...I am contacting companies such as JARROW..to see if they can give me an exact breakdown of all the toco's.

In fact..if you want to get technical..is Toco8 even using what was used in the "study"? It seems theirs is Tocomax..the powdered form. Hey..as long as we're going to ignore "SupraBio" and "Tocomin" on the Jarrow and Healthy Origins etc labels.. :)

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
It's not. It's only 3 if you want to go by what's on the site you linked to. But..again....and you didn't answer the question in here...

how is it not? It's all listed on the label? :dunno:

Jacob said:
First of all...I personally would prefer a product with NO tocopherols.

why? Why not get the entire family of tocotrienols and tocopherols?

Jacob said:
Second....again..notice the mcg amounts in Toco8- I think Jarrow just doesn't bother to mention them because of that..and again- look how vague they are on their own website and even other places that sell them- they don't even mention the amount, separately, of tocopherols.

we're not even discussing the dosage here. TocoSorb is missing some possibly important ingredients. There is ZERO of them in TocoSorb....

Jacob said:
Third..they use SupraBio..Tocomin..are you saying they don't?
Fourth...I am contacting companies such as JARROW..to see if they can give me an exact breakdown of all the toco's.

In fact..if you want to get technical..is Toco8 even using what was used in the "study"? It seems theirs is Tocomax..the powdered form.

fine, contact them. Ask them why aren't they including all tocopherols :)

Jacob

Reaction score
For cripes sake 2020....READ what I've said previously. But I guess it may not be the reading part that's the problem...... :shock:

And I'll answer the question for you...YES, Toco-Sorb and Healthy Origins both use Tocomin Suprabio.......

I'll post any responses I get from the companies..here...

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
half of his replies is like yeah 50% of people experience baldness by age 50.... finasteride is the only proven medication... bla bla he's like a robot.

LOL, you may have a point.

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
Why all the fuzz about Toco-8? I mean, the study was on SupraBio...

EDIT: are Vitacost Tocomin SupraBio or Healthy Origins Tocomin SupraBio the same as Toco-8?

Jacob

Reaction score
Bet24 said:
Why all the fuzz about Toco-8? I mean, the study was on SupraBio...

EDIT: are Vitacost Tocomin SupraBio or Healthy Origins Tocomin SupraBio the same as Toco-8?

Technically..no..since Toco-8 is the powdered version. But they're all Carotech/Tocomin products.

K

Kirby

The Natural said:
2020 said:
half of his replies is like yeah 50% of people experience baldness by age 50.... finasteride is the only proven medication... bla bla he's like a robot.

LOL, you may have a point.
It's funny because it's true. :)

Sparky4444

Reaction score
..anyways...I've been on Healthy Origins SupraBio for almost 10 months...bottom line, I'd be at the same point with my hairloss if I never took the stuff....Taking only now as a health supplement because it IS good for you

beatit

Reaction score
The Natural said:
rwhairlosstalk said:
That IS a benefit to your hair. A MAJOR benefit.
That is stopping hairloss. So this is the kind of info I need to see if I should buy it. Whether it helps hair shedding.

Your hesitation is not without merit. While Toco-8 does provide energy, and increases one's libido, it's effect on male pattern baldness is minimal in my opinion. There are much less expensive alternatives available to thicken existing hair.

What exact dosage of Jarrow's curcumin and Jarrow's Jarrow's curcumin do you take?

moksel

Reaction score
Four weeks since I've started a product containing tocotrienols.

First few days, dramatically decreased itching. Went from feeling burning and itching the entire day to next to nothing.
End of first week, shedding decreased
End of second week, feeling vellus and some dark hair sprouting up to a cm from my hairline. In the area that was receding the previous months.
Now end of fourth, noticeable improvement in hair quality. If I split my hair I see numerous tiny hairs standing in between. The cosmetic improvement that this hair given me is enormous. Less hair fell the past weeks and new hair sprouting has given me quite some additional volume.

The last time this happened to me was when using DNC in combination with finasteride about 2,5 years ago. 2 Years ago I went off finasteride and have had my good periods and some bad. Overall decline in hair volume and about 2 cm recession of the hair line. I quit fina though because it just gives me too much libido issues and a general off/down feeling.

I came to using the tocotrienols because I was quite desparate 2 months ago. Searching for the connection between itching and prostaglandin D2, this lead me to the tocotrienols. I thought, I have itching so this might work. Backed up by the notion that topical quercetin has given me some relief in the past. (That **** is a hassle to put on though). I'm looking forward to the coming months and keep hoping this is not a coincidence.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So none of the back and forth matters because if this stuff isn't reducing shedding considerably or providing regrowth, none of this matters anyway.

And I'm not seeing anyone knock down the doors of this thread to proclaim that.

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never tried it before. And I don't know if this vitamins is effective.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my guess would be its about as effective as brewers yeast. yeah its probably good for your hair under normal conditions, but no, it probably wont stop the pathogenesis of your balding

RTB

Reaction score
Been taking Tocosorb for 2 weeks but have developed heartburn that keeps me up at night. Didn't think this
stuff had any side effects...

Jacob

Reaction score
Jacob did you end up getting any replies back from any companies?

Only 3...but it helps.

From Vitacost:

They may contain trace amounts, but we make no label claims for them so we do not test for tocopherols.

From Jarrow:

Yes, the Toco-Sorb complex also contains d-alpha tocopherol. I will assume that, since we are using the Suprabio material, it will also contain the other tocopherols.

From Healthy Origins:

Our Tocomin SupraBio Tocotrienols contains all 4
tocotrienols- alpha, beta, gamma and delta along with plant squalene and a
plant phytosterol complex. It also contains a trace amount of naturally
occurring Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol). We do have a full spectrum
Vitamin E product as well, but it is best not to take Vitamin E
(Tocopherols) and Tocotrienols together since research has indicated that
ingesting a significant amount of Tocopherols with Tocotrienols may hinder
the assimilation. This is mainly due to the preferential uptake of
tocopherol via the tocopherol-transfer protein.

If I get any other responses..I'll post them. I think they would have replied by now though.

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
Only 3...but it helps.

From Vitacost:

From Jarrow:

From Healthy Origins:

If I get any other responses..I'll post them. I think they would have replied by now though.

I've been taking Tocosorb and nothing else since July, I take 3 pills in the morning with coq10, and I haven't seen any thickening or regrowth, I have seen small velus hairs but if I try to pull them they just fall out and I still shed. I stopped taking propecia because of the sides. I am just happy that my libido is back to normal after getting of Propecia and using Jarrow Tocosorb, but so far my hair is thinner on the scalp, but im stuck, because the study says it takes 8 months or more to see results, I think most people who tried it either quit after the first month or two and don't want to stick it out because they are scared.

So should I stop using Jarrow Toco since it contains tocopherols which in high doses can cause prostate cancer? Healthy Orgins seems to be more legit, should I switch to them?

What about life extension? They have Life extension brand? they have some mixes of Tocotrionols like life extension super bio with sesame or curcumin

Is curcumin good for hairloss?

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm nearly at the end of my third bottle of Toco-8, and honestly, it's done nothing for my hair that I can make out visually.

Toco 8 from primediol performance or whatever gave me a rash, I was breaking out in some itchy rashes. I stopped using it after the first bottle, I also heard its filled with a lot of tapioca filler and rice filler, it could be the niacin itch what caused the rash. I also don't think powders contain much biovalubility cause isn't toco E a oil based vitamin? I don't trust that company either cause they also make steroid like products aka prohormones and could use the same machine to handle their toco8.

Im using tocosorb now, I haven't notice anything with hair but I only been on it for 2 months total, also its pretty extensive taking 2-3 pills a day. But this stuff has health benefits like lowering the bad cholesterol and raising the good, and helps build muscle and improves stamina. I noticed it helps with my muscles, I was able to gain strength, and good stamina from Jarrow tocosorb, and also it helped my libido. When I used propecia I was suffering from sides, I had insomnia, loss of libido, depression, and brain fog, and I with tocosorb I noticed I can get an erection in the morning again. The only downside is my skin got super oily even after I wash my face the greasiness comes back. And I am scared too much E will cause prostate cancer :( from an article I read years back.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Toco-8 will NOT save your hair....I've been on SupraBio which is the same as Toco-8 for almost a year now -- NOTHING....

don't bother with this for hair loss....

....we are learning now, more than ever, that hairloss is so incredibly complicated --- this kind of natural remedy doesn't pack the punch...I don't think any natural remedies will ever get it done...

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
Toco-8 will NOT save your hair....I've been on SupraBio which is the same as Toco-8 for almost a year now -- NOTHING....

don't bother with this for hair loss....

....we are learning now, more than ever, that hairloss is so incredibly complicated --- this kind of natural remedy doesn't pack the punch...I don't think any natural remedies will ever get it done...

Natural remedies are possible for other cures or healing, we get many of our medicines from nature. But I agree hairloss is very powerful and complicated, it seems more and more men are becoming bald now than before.

What type of dosage where you using? did you usi superbio with any other hairloss thing like rogain or finasteride?

Propecia worked for me, but the only problem was the harsh side effects of memory confusion, low libido, depression, and insomina.