Tocotrienol\Toco-8

Jacob

Reaction score
2020 said:
so if I compare THE ACTUAL INGREDIENTS from toco-8 and whatever toco you're suggesting I will find the same exact ingredients? You want me to do that?

:shakehead: I guess you weren't be sarcastic or funny....

No..not the "exact" ingreds..see what I just posted to Sparky4444. But feel free to post 'em anyway. Maybe even email each company and post their replies here.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:

No..not the "exact" ingreds..see what I just posted to Sparky4444. But feel free to post 'em anyway. Maybe even email each company and post their replies here.

ugh...

try comparing toco-sorb:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/jarrow/tocosorb.html

and toco-8:
http://www.primordialperformance.com/st ... toco8.html

without even comparing dosage amounts, toco-sorb is missing these:
d-beta-tocopherols 575mcg**
d-gamma-tocopherols 362mcg**
d-delta-tocopherols 36mcg**

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah. thicker hair results in a cosmetic improvement. losing your hair is entirely cosmetic anyhow, so if you can get thicker hair that is some improvement in your condition.

Jacob

Reaction score
2020 said:
Jacob said:

ugh...

try comparing toco-sorb:

and toco-8:

without even comparing dosage amounts, toco-sorb is missing these:

The links are to the same products.....

Anyway..my guess is the toco-sorb link mentions "tocopherols" in the ingreds somewhere, which was something I mentioned earlier- they don't list the individual tocopherols like they do the tocotrienols.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Anyway..my guess is the toco-sorb link mentions "tocopherols" in the ingreds somewhere, which was something I mentioned earlier- they don't list the individual tocopherols like they do the tocotrienols.

nope! This is all that they mention besides what toco-8 has:

Total D-Alpha Tocopherol 26IU 87%
Plant Squalene 15mg *
Phytosterols Complex 5.3mg *
Mixed Carotenoid Complex 75mcg *
Other Ingredients
Palm Oil, Polyoxyl Castor Oil, Tocomin Palm Tocotrienol Complex. Softgels Consist Of Gelatin, Glycerin And Water.

I'm telling you. Toco-8 is not the same as other "toco mixes"

Jacob

Reaction score
Ah..hello? "Total D-Alpha Tocopherol 26IU 87%"

I missed that myself(actually forgot about it since I did post about it before)..but after I posted it(just this evening) even YOU should have gotten it :woot:

They don't list the individual Tocopherols like they do the Tocotrienols..because they're pushing it for the Tocotrienol content.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I haven't gone over all the new post, but if anyone is going to try this get the one that has Carotech patent label on it. Even if says Suprabio its probably not the right one if it isn't labelled with Carotech.

The pic i posted you can make out the label

Experienced Member
Reaction score
D-Alpha tocopherol

does it contain any of these:

d-alpha-tocopherols 34mg†

Jacob

Reaction score
zeroes said:
I haven't gone over all the new post, but if anyone is going to try this get the one that has Carotech patent label on it. Even if says Suprabio its probably not the right one if it isn't labelled with Carotech.

The pic i posted you can make out the label

Or email the individual company and ask if it's from Carotech. My guess is some don't say it online but it does on the labels...and I can't imagine anyone trying to get away with "SupraBio" w/out actually using it. But then again..PP makes the claim that TOCO8 is pure tocotrienols..so :dunno:

Jacob

Reaction score
2020 said:
D-Alpha tocopherol

does it contain any of these:

d-alpha-tocopherols 34mg†

Yes..notice the first one?? Then notice the other three are in mcg's...and so probably don't bother even listing them(maybe somewhere/some sites they do). You will notice at Jarrow's own site they don't even list it like they do at the link you provided(it's even more vague): http://www.jarrow.com/product/274/Toco-Sorb But they do say Tocomin® SupraBio® ...and we know what's in that.

I'll do what I suggested..email the companies and post their replies :)

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you kidding me? tocosorb only contains ALPHA tocopherol while toco-8 contains ALPHA TOCOPHEROL, beta gamma and delta TOCOPHEROL. See the difference?
Why do you need to email carotech? What could you possibly ask them?

Jacob

Reaction score
2020...I swear you're related to Bryan or something.......

First of all...I personally would prefer a product with NO tocopherols. Second....again..notice the mcg amounts in Toco8- I think Jarrow just doesn't bother to mention them because of that..and again- look how vague they are on their own website and even other places that sell them- they don't even mention the amount, separately, of tocopherols.
Third..they use SupraBio..Tocomin..are you saying they don't?
Fourth...I am contacting companies such as JARROW..to see if they can give me an exact breakdown of all the toco's.

Jacob

Reaction score
zeroes said:
All i know is i am confused. great discussion though :)

LOL..I actually WAS confused earlier....took me awhile to piece things back together again. Even 2020 will not be able to confuse me after all the reading I've done..

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
that guy doesn't know anything. Who said that toco-8 was the cure for androgenic alopecia? No one. Apparently in that one study it made hair thicker. A lot of people from this and other forums who've tried it report less shedding. It must do something

I tend to think that this doctor knows a (tiny) bit more than you do about this field of study.

A lot of (cheaper) things can make your hair thicker too. And a lot of people "from this and other forums" report that Toco-8 didn't do jack. That is why, after it's initial excitement, there was no noise about tocotrienols in hair loss forums for three to four years.

Guess they got a lot of product left on the shelves, and need to get rid of it before the expiration date.

ENTER STAGE LEFT-> Marketing Team

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
I tend to think that this doctor knows a (tiny) bit more than you do about this field of study.

half of his replies is like yeah 50% of people experience baldness by age 50.... finasteride is the only proven medication... bla bla he's like a robot.

are you seriously suggesting that someone is secretly marketing toco-8 on this forum?

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob Jacob Jacob.... how do you explain the fact that TOCO-SORB is missing FOUR INGREDIENTS that toco-8 has?