To all people that work out: Advice needed.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it's in the wrong section, but more people will see it here, and I know some of you have great advice on this topic. What can I do to get the most results in the shortest amount of time. I want to change my body quickly.

I have about 2 months maximum. I have to get started now, and I need advice. How can I see the fastest results? I have a Bowflex (never used before), but is that really enough? What can i do to get results? I want to tone and increase size. What supplements should I take? What specific exercises should I do?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You cant really increase tone and size at the same time, and two months isnt enough time to make a significant impact on both, so I'd aim for one above the other.

The only tips I have are work out different muscle groups seperatly, and each just once every 5-7 days. Work that muscle group hard, and then give it enough time to heal. Thats the best way to get size at least.

Of course if you havent been working out, you should note that it takes a little while for your muscles to get used to the idea; if you push yourself to your limit after a long period of inactivity then you will find yourself extremely stiff and sore.

Oh, and be sure to warm up with light reps or a rowing machine, etc before exerting yourself, to get the most out of your muscles.

http://www.bodybuilding.com has a ton of different routines in a database (heres a link),. its a pretty good resource,. you say what youre going for and how many days a week you want to work out, and it will give you a list of routines that match your needs.

I actually have some questions myself reguarding getting maximum results,. I think I'll ask them in the forum there.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are looking to get cut, High Intensity Interval training is the way to go. DO around 20-30mins a day after you lift. It is basically just cardio where you sprint for 30 seconds and then lightly jog for 90.

Regardless of what you choose to do, your diet is what will ultimately determine your success.

G

Yea go to bodybuilding.com forums. TON OF GREAT info on there. I gotta break it 2 you, you need to change your eating habits if you want great results.

You need 1 gram of protien per pound of body wieght 2 get bigger. You need to eat healthy. If you wanna get great results eating pizza forget it. Eat A LOT and eat clean foods like whole bread, eggs, tuna, chicken, yams and so on. They have info on bodybuilding.com .

I would suggest you use a multi vitamin and get plenty of sleep. I never knew but sleeping is so important in working out. The majority of working out is just sleeping and eating right.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Axon said:
Steroids. I'm not kidding.
I'm betting he wants to keep his hair as well. :wink:

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Axon said:

Of course, if you are willing to go this route, it would be the fastest and you could lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Personally, I would rather keep my hair. I suppose if you did a testosterone only cycle and used dutasteride you would probably be fine.

G

Healthy Nick said:
I know it's in the wrong section, but more people will see it here, and I know some of you have great advice on this topic. What can I do to get the most results in the shortest amount of time. I want to change my body quickly.

I have about 2 months maximum. I have to get started now, and I need advice. How can I see the fastest results? I have a Bowflex (never used before), but is that really enough? What can i do to get results? I want to tone and increase size. What supplements should I take? What specific exercises should I do?

The Bowflex is a fine machine and you can generally train for just about any goal on it.

That is the key, what is your goal? Specifically because all training is specific.

You CAN increaes muscle mass AND resting muscle tonus at the same time. You can also get stronger at the same time. The point though, is that all training is specific, so in some sense you sub-optimize one goal for the other.

To wit, olympic weightlifters certainly increase muscle mass and resting tonus. However, this is a by-product to them, as they increase strength much more directly and that is their focus.

So, back to the question, what do you want to accomplish?

BTW-In two months, you can quite a bit of strength (percentage increase) as the neurology of strength develops very quickly. Mass takes more time on balance.

Tonus? Depends on your body fat and neurology.

Questions?

Axon

Reaction score
flux said:
Axon said:
I'm betting he wants to keep his hair as well. :wink:

But it'd be fast and it's proven Fina really helps. :)

I'm just warning you, it takes like 12 weeks before you see real results.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Healthy Nick said:
That is the key, what is your goal? Specifically because all training is specific.

I believe his goal would be to cut up and gain muscle mass at the same time, which will not be possible without roids. Of course if he has never trained before he can get toned and gain some size, but if he has a layer of fat over his toned muscles, it is irrelevant.

dave01_us

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a bowflex since last May and its been great for me..i've noticed some big time improvements..i do at least 3 different exercise's for every group shoulders,chest etc. for about an hour to 1 1/2 hours 3 times a week.Also on nitro tech 2-3 times a day and creatine

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Excllent. Thanks all for the responces. :lol:

The reason why I want to do this is mainly because I have been wanting to do it for a long time, and I finally feel like this is the time that I am ready to fully commit myself. The 2 month deadline is because it will be spring, and I want to feel new and inspired for the new warm weather. Also, I am meeting this chick that I dig, and I want to look and feel good.

Where can I get steroids? Or, where can I get a good legal alternative?

I am going to go on that website mentioned, but any advice from you would be appreciated.

I do want strength, but more importantly, I want visible results that will inspire me and that will really motivate me to make weightlifting a habit for life.

Also to those that know about the Bowlfex, what should I specifically do on it?

I just want overall results, whether it be strength, tone or increased mass. Any results would make me feel great, and give me the confidence I want. What ever I can get as quickly as possible.

G

Healthy Nick said:
Excllent. Thanks all for the responces. :lol:

The reason why I want to do this is mainly because I have been wanting to do it for a long time, and I finally feel like this is the time that I am ready to fully commit myself. The 2 month deadline is because it will be spring, and I want to feel new and inspired for the new warm weather. Also, I am meeting this chick that I dig, and I want to look and feel good.

Where can I get steroids? Or, where can I get a good legal alternative?

I am going to go on that website mentioned, but any advice from you would be appreciated.

I do want strength, but more importantly, I want visible results that will inspire me and that will really motivate me to make weightlifting a habit for life.

Also to those that know about the Bowlfex, what should I specifically do on it?

I just want overall results, whether it be strength, tone or increased mass. Any results would make me feel great, and give me the confidence I want. What ever I can get as quickly as possible.

Stay off the steroids. They are illegal, do you get you why?

Read the bowflex manual, it is excellent.

Good luck! :lol:

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Bruce, you gotta give me some more advice. Like about creatine etc. I know you work out, so you've got to know something :lol:

As far as steroids go, isn't it true that using them for a short time is harmless? isn't it only high doses over long periods of time bad?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Understand that real results take time. And steriod use is only safe if you have done extencive research. There are many kinds of steriods out there that will be very hard on your system. You need to know which ones to do, how to do them, how much of them to do, etc etc. And on top of it all, you have to know how to obtain them (and you wont find them for sale on the internet).

Just take some protien powder, some creatine or swole or something, and you'll get results. But you do need to have patience! You arnt going to be impressive overnight, but if you keep at it, you will achive the results you want. It may take more then two months.

G

Everyone thinks you need steroids 2 get ripped. If you just eat clean and eat a lot, sleep, and work out hard and consistenly you can get huge fast and get amazing gains.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
toning up and cutting up are two seperate things, if you want to build mass and get cut it's not really a 2 month venture, but hey, 2 months is better than nothing

you can start by doing cardio, i prefer an hour but 30 minutes is the minimum. do it before you eat in the morning

eat all your carbs in the morning and lift at night, maybe a few carbs after your work out to help fight the catabolic effects

take 15 grams of glutamine a day 5 grams of creatine, and 3-4 protein shakes a day

do 4 seperate exercises for each muscle group, doing 3 sets of around 6-8 reps increasing weight each set, work out monday tuesday, thursday friday, vary the muscle group each day

i prefer chest/back/biceps/forearms/traps on monday/thursday and legs, calves, shoulders, triceps on tuesday/friday

get plenty of sleep and try to stay away from all sat/trans fats

do cardio as much as possible, but don't get to the point where you're hurting or are "burnt out"

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
YoungGuy17 said:
Everyone thinks you need steroids 2 get ripped. If you just eat clean and eat a lot, sleep, and work out hard and consistenly you can get huge fast and get amazing gains.

It is impossible to getthe results he wants in 2 months without steroids.

Creatine would be great for you, if you have never done it you can gain between 15-20lbs in 2 months and be a lot stronger. Alot of it will be water weight, but it will be intramuscular water weight so you won't look bloated.

To be completely honest, I would train for 4 weeks without any aid from supplements and then add them later on.

When all is said and done, eating most of your carbs in the am will do nothing for you unless you are insulin resistant. After 2 months, most normal people will get the same results by eating all their carbs in the am as someone eating all their carbs in the pm. Just choose whether you want to cut or bulk and adjust total calories accordingly, eating plenty of protein along the way.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My advice,

Stay away from manufactuared proteins like those bars and shakes and crap. Eat chicken and a ton of tuna. You may not know this but dairy products have a ton of protein in them. A cup of cottage cheese has 10grams...

Also I suggest taking glutemian (however you spell it) It helps keeping you from being too sore to work out

I also suggest working out 6 days a week, two different muscle groups a day

For me I do

Mon- Cheast/tripcetps/abs (most chest excercises also work tricepts)
tues- Sholders and Bicepts
wed- Back and legs (strong legs are a good thing :) )

2 Hours every day, repeat the cycle twice a week and take sundays off. SKip fast food, sodas (drink a lot of water). Do cardo pretty much every other day. Sweating is a good way to cut fat off your body. Run with a sweatshirt/beanie and sweatpants and run for 30 minutes.

You'll notice the difference each passing week when the previous lifting weight seems lighter. I've already increased my bentch 15lbs in two weeks. (i'm pretty skinny btw) Just stick with it and you'll be big

ALso I suggest that you continue to work out after the two months. You'll feel a ton better about yourself and may even not worry about losing hair as much or hardly at all.