To all people that work out: Advice needed.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
It won't have any adverse effect. The temporary increase in testosterone gives some guys an actual "bump" up in muscle development for a short period of time. Some guys also experience slight increase in body fat percentage due to the resulting increase in estrogen caused by the metabolized excess testosterone.

HairLossTalk.com

TheHamburglar

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
It won't have any adverse effect. The temporary increase in testosterone gives some guys an actual "bump" up in muscle development for a short period of time. Some guys also experience slight increase in body fat percentage due to the resulting increase in estrogen caused by the metabolized excess testosterone.

HairLossTalk.com

Thanks for your help....but that really sux, because I'm in a cutting cycle and now I have to worry about an increase in bf%

G

TheHamburglar said:
Can Propecia inhibit muscle gains? Thanks for the help. :D

This issue is far from clear or resolved. Some who have written here believe that it will effect muscle tonus negatively (I believe that).

There is scant science either way, so I think it is a crapshoot based on how you respond.

Good luck

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Drop the f**ing bowflex already man. What are you, an old man with a heart condition? BTW: You dont even need cardio. Cutting calories is enough.

Day1: Flat bench press/Skull Crushers/Overhead presses
Day2: Rest
Day3: Bent over rows/barbell curls
Day4: Rest
Day5: Squats/Deadlifts
Day6: Rest
Day7: Rest

Take 30 seconds breaks in between each set and aim for 6-12 reps each set.

Stay away from processed foods. Drink a lot of water. Eat tuna, lots of it.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Healthy Nick said:
I just went out to GNC and got a tub of creatine monohydrate and a tub of whey protien. I'm starting my workouts soon.

Why? You dont need creatine til after you've been lifting a long while. You need to have your tendons develop strength and get your stabalizer muscles (ones that keep the bar steady) up to par before jumping in on supplements.

Creatine will bloat you out a little bit anyway. I never take it when cutting. Supplements arent really needed, but if you insist buy some protein.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Healthy Nick said:
Bruce, you gotta give me some more advice. Like about creatine etc. I know you work out, so you've got to know something :lol:

As far as steroids go, isn't it true that using them for a short time is harmless? isn't it only high doses over long periods of time bad?

Creatine is very well researched, safe and effective. Can be used for the long haul and has many health benefits as well.

Personally, I see NO GOOD from using steroids for either the long or short term. Many may challenge that statement but the science on steroids is not very encouraging. Why screw around with your hormones for marginal short term benefits when you can get very very strong, fit and healthy with "normal training methods."

Just my two cents.

Bac

Good friend of mine is skinny by nature. He tried for years to get big and it never happened. He started using Human Growth Horomone and now he is HUGE. He hits the gear once a year just to maintain what he has. If I were to use anything, HGH would be it. You have to be careful though, too much and you can literally make yourself grow an inch. Some guys get gaps in their teeth because they take too much and their jaw grows

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Supplements arent really needed, but if you insist buy some protein.

Yea, protein shakes help, especially with strength and has to be good for the hair too. Make sure to get soy protein.

TheHamburglar

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
TheHamburglar said:

This issue is far from clear or resolved. Some who have written here believe that it will effect muscle tonus negatively (I believe that).

There is scant science either way, so I think it is a crapshoot based on how you respond.

Good luck

:freaked2: GREAT!!! Well, I guess when it comes down to it I prefer to have my hair...than have a ripped bod....but I'll keep taking Propecia and working out.

G

Stabber said:
BruceLee said:
Healthy Nick said:
Bruce, you gotta give me some more advice. Like about creatine etc. I know you work out, so you've got to know something :lol:

As far as steroids go, isn't it true that using them for a short time is harmless? isn't it only high doses over long periods of time bad?

Creatine is very well researched, safe and effective. Can be used for the long haul and has many health benefits as well.

Personally, I see NO GOOD from using steroids for either the long or short term. Many may challenge that statement but the science on steroids is not very encouraging. Why screw around with your hormones for marginal short term benefits when you can get very very strong, fit and healthy with "normal training methods."

Just my two cents.

Bac

Good friend of mine is skinny by nature. He tried for years to get big and it never happened. He started using Human Growth Horomone and now he is HUGE. He hits the gear once a year just to maintain what he has. If I were to use anything, HGH would be it. You have to be careful though, too much and you can literally make yourself grow an inch. Some guys get gaps in their teeth because they take too much and their jaw grows

HGH (injectable form) is very risk and very expensive. I would not consider it myself for those reasons. Yes, it does add muscle bulk and does those other nice things too!! :lol:

G

George Costanza said:
Supplements arent really needed, but if you insist buy some protein.

Yea, protein shakes help, especially with strength and has to be good for the hair too. Make sure to get soy protein.

I would totally disagree with the use of soy protein. Can you suggest why you recommend this inferior form of protein for anything but feeding the female cats??

:D

G

TheHamburglar said:
BruceLee said:
TheHamburglar said:

Good luck

:freaked2: GREAT!!! Well, I guess when it comes down to it I prefer to have my hair...than have a ripped bod....but I'll keep taking Propecia and working out.

I doubt the difference here is great anyway. The larger issue is hair growth vs other side effects that MAY eventuate from using finasteride.

Good luck

Axon

Reaction score
I haven't had a problem developing muscle tone or dropping body fat while on Finasteride.

Basically I do my weights 4-5 times a week, cardio 4 times, and eat right. I define "right" as grilled fish, chicken, and vegetables. Tuna is certainly in the mix. I don't starve myself (16 oz of chicken and two cans mixed veggies is typical for dinner), nor do I eat only that stuff. But primarily, that is my diet. I will have a "sloppy" meal once a week or so, it keeps me sane. Many guys at the gym tell me that I have no need to be so hardcore, as I'm naturally slim and probably don't need that much cardio. It's become a habit, though.

I'm not the biggest dude at 6'1" and 175, but I do okay. I find it easier to reduce body fat than to get bigger; I'm probably at or near my genetic limit. I can easily go from like 10% body fat to like 5%, but forget about gaining or losing weight.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
6'1 175? Im 6'3 193 and i still look skinny it sucks

Axon

Reaction score
I'm much more defined than I am large. I was about 160 lb when I began.

How big are your shoulders? Mine are pretty slight - I wear a 40 R typically, you probably wear something bigger.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Axon said:
I'm not the biggest dude at 6'1" and 175, but I do okay. I find it easier to reduce body fat than to get bigger; I'm probably at or near my genetic limit. I can easily go from like 10% body fat to like 5%, but forget about gaining or losing weight.

Hey Axon, your metabolism seems to be exactly like mine. I struggled at 175lbs and 6'1 for 2 years before I finally got to where I am now (181). I still have 190 as my ultimate goal, but it will be a slow and agonizing climb as the saying "no pain no gain" goes. How old are you? I just turned 24 in Feb 1st.

XL

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Axon said:
24, I turn 25 on September 2nd. We're 5 months apart. :)

What a coincidence! Hey how are things looking on top big dawg?

XL

Axon

Reaction score
Very good. Notice how I only post crazy crap and not hair releated stuff nowadays?

Basically, I've reduced my Fina intake to .75 a day. This serves to save me money, and I am, of course, concerned with any potential long-term effects.

Occasionally I apply minoxidil 2x daily, but typically I stick to applications right after the morning shower. Been using T-Gel instead of T/Sal of late.

Hairline has improved to a Norwood 1.5 from a clear Norwood 2+. If it's 4 or more weeks after my last haircut, I have enough "support" from my good hair to cover the remains of my thinning crown. It'd be nice if it all grew back, but now that I'm 18 months in, I doubt this will happen.

I've given up posting my results, as no one seems to care. Misery loves company, I guess. I'd post pics, but I lack a digicam. I can't say I care anyway - I've got nothing to prove. At 2 years I'll really know what the dilly is, as that's the supposed "downward" point. We shall see.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
I would totally disagree with the use of soy protein. Can you suggest why you recommend this inferior form of protein for anything but feeding the female cats??

I've read somewhere that soy protein is the best kind of protein for the hair. I've also used it and found that it really helped me as far as weight lifting. I've also tried egg protein as well as meat protein shakes and they tasted like ***. The soy protein shakes at least taste better IMO. I'm not going to argue that they benefit the muscles anymore than any other kind, but I feel I had good luck with it.