To all people that work out: Advice needed.

G

Healthy Nick said:
Bruce, you gotta give me some more advice. Like about creatine etc. I know you work out, so you've got to know something :lol:

As far as steroids go, isn't it true that using them for a short time is harmless? isn't it only high doses over long periods of time bad?

Creatine is very well researched, safe and effective. Can be used for the long haul and has many health benefits as well.

Personally, I see NO GOOD from using steroids for either the long or short term. Many may challenge that statement but the science on steroids is not very encouraging. Why screw around with your hormones for marginal short term benefits when you can get very very strong, fit and healthy with "normal training methods."

Just my two cents.

Bac

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
bowflex is fine. if you want to build a muscular body you should do no more than 8 reps per set. start with 4 sets per each body part, and increase the sets as you go along. i don't recommend doing over 9 sets per body part. small muscles like biceps only need 4 - 5 sets.

rest adaquatly, eat a lot of protien, and even take protein supplements such as whey protein shakes. if you need to lose extra weigh, add cardio work outs.

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
your diet will be a major factor in this. stay away from fast food etc. also, avoid steriods at all cost. the side effects of roids are severe. acne, hairloss, female breats, shrunk balls and penis, etc. not worth it at all.

creatine and whey protein are great and have worked for me.

Axon

Reaction score
beast said:
your diet will be a major factor in this. stay away from fast food etc. also, avoid steriods at all cost. the side effects of roids are severe. acne, hairloss, female breats, shrunk balls and penis, etc. not worth it at all.

creatine and whey protein are great and have worked for me.

Yep. Diet and Cardio are SO critical. I see too many people just slacking in that area - no wonder you aren't seeing cuts man! Gotta watch the cupcakes, even if you are skinny by nature.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
on the steroids issue....

I've researched a ton on them, and I probably will never do them. I still may try some ph's at some point, but then I may not.

What is interesting about hardcore steroid users is they will try to talk other "first time users" out of using steroids! Visit some real hardcore roid forums and you'll see the same general consensus. Unless you are over 25, have been training at least 3 years HARDCORE, and your diet and routine are PERFECT, they recommend NOT doing steroids. Why? Because roids will do little or nothing for you unless you train/eat/sleep perfectly. You are likely to get side effects with no gains.

So why would you need roids if your routine is perfect? You really dont!

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
i would aviod pro-hormones (ph) as well. i know they are legal, but they have some of the side effects of steriods (acne, balding, female breat develop. etc). they alter your hormone level and this is never a good thing.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
VoRteX said:
on the steroids issue....

I've researched a ton on them, and I probably will never do them. I still may try some ph's at some point, but then I may not.

What is interesting about hardcore steroid users is they will try to talk other "first time users" out of using steroids! Visit some real hardcore roid forums and you'll see the same general consensus. Unless you are over 25, have been training at least 3 years HARDCORE, and your diet and routine are PERFECT, they recommend NOT doing steroids. Why? Because roids will do little or nothing for you unless you train/eat/sleep perfectly. You are likely to get side effects with no gains.

So why would you need roids if your routine is perfect? You really dont!

Agree 100% although the new PHs need no conversion so are basically steroids anyway. Many think steroids are a magic "Pill" but they are not. Thin and weak is in these days anyway so I see no reason why anyone would want the juice.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thin and weak is in? wow i am just swimming in puntang. *fart*

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The past few days I have been researching weightlifting for bulking and cutting. :study: I have learned a lot from http://www.bodybuilding.com and http://www.johnstonefitness.com ,. If you want some serious inspiration, check out John Stone's site. In six months he went from pudgy and out of shape to seriously ripped.

Diet is everything! Counting calories and maintaining a proper fat/protien/carb percentages, all from healthy whole foods, is absolutly key if you want to reduce body fat, which is what it takes to see all the 'cuts' of the different muscles.

As for cardio while trying to build mass, I have read that it isnt good to do lifting and cardio on the same day. Still cardio is key when trying to get cut.

If you really want to see results in 2 months, you better get scientific. Even still, if you want serious results, you gotta have patience.

And as for steriods, I have read up on them too, and what was said earlier about it not being for beginners is true. Using them now would be a waste. If you want steriods to do anything significant, wait untill you reach a natural peak. But then again, there is no reason not to be happy with your natural peak. Due to concerns for my hair, I dont think I will ever try them (again.. I did a cycle when I was 18.)

Using http://www.mybodycomp.com I have discovered that my own body fat percentage is 28%! Oh crap! This is partly why I have been doing this research. Starting today I am totally changing my diet, and am going to reanalyze my workout regimen, leaving the nautalis machines behind and focusing on free weights. I'm going to start out with cutting, and then some bulking once I can see my abs. Based on John Stone's results, I have set a goal of six months to trim down and get nice and ripped.

Change is gonna come,. oh yeah,. change is gonna come. :toma:

G

My bodyfat is under 10% at all times. Don't count calories or keep rigid control of macronutrients with the exception of carbs, which I restrict until dinner time.

Works like a charm.

Good luck with the workouts.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wheresmyhair said:
Step 1: go to the gym!
You will never have a defined six pack with this philosophy.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know what I mean :p

Its diet AND exercise, and neither one alone.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
what do you guys think of creatine?

From all accounts its safe and effective.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
I just went out to GNC and got a tub of creatine monohydrate and a tub of whey protien. I'm starting my workouts soon.