Tips For Controlling Food Cravings?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've probably packed on a good 10-15 lbs over the last 2 years. Recently, I have been trying to drop that extra weight. For the last week I have been following an intermittent fasting diet (basically I don't eat breakfast and stop eating after 8 pm). I have also stopped drinking beer (I just drink vodka and diet tonic water if I need a "fix"), limit fast food to once a week, and stopped drinking regular pop (I still drink diet, which I want to change to). However, I still get really bad food cravings. Do you guys have any advice on how to stop these? I've been trying to chew gum and slam water to help counteract it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chewing gum, sparkling water, tea, and coffee are all helpful. They give you some satisfaction without giving your calories or health problems.

Don't keep junk food in the house or in the office.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't keep junk food in the office!

Keep it in the refrigerator. Especially if it will spoil.

Honestly though, snack often. Just use fruits/vegetables. Spread them out through
the day.

And before bed, eat a very light meal (a couple of hours, actually).

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't keep junk food in the office!

Keep it in the refrigerator. Especially if it will spoil.

Honestly though, snack often. Just use fruits/vegetables. Spread them out through
the day.

And before bed, eat a very light meal (a couple of hours, actually).

I have been doing this too, I probably eat like 2-3 bananas or 4 packs of apple slices a day lol

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What are your typical food cravings?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are your typical food cravings?

I love to pick on food all day. I also love fast food. I think getting fast food became too much of a habit for me and that is what put weight on me. Pop is also another bad one of mine, thankfully I've been able to kick regular pop out, still drink diet though (which I want to change).

I forgot to mention that I try to do 30 to 60 minutes of cardio a day (I burn around 300-500 calories doing so). Going to get back to my lifting routine too.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live with my parents again (moved home for grad school to save money, I'm 23 so it's not THAT embarrassing lol) and they always buy so much shitty food that I can't control myself with. Hell I posted in here that I don't drink beer anymore, but what do you know my dad brought home some beer tonight and I'm having one. I always tell them that I can't control myself but this always happens.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
when i add good fats specifically a little bit of walnut or almonds and a little bit of avocado to my lunch salad i have next to no cravings.

I did that for like two years adding good fats to meals and i had lost like 30 pounds..i had gained 10 back last year stressing hair lol.

i just started to do it again this week..and bingo no cravings or being hungry at odd times

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have to have carbs try and have them in the morning...Like i like sugar in my coffee so my most 'carb' meal is breakfast whole grain bread etc..i try not to have grains as the day gets later..not always but when i strict with this i drop weight.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21475137
Greater weight loss and hormonal changes after 6 months diet with carbohydrates eaten mostly at dinner.
Sofer S1, Eliraz A, Kaplan S, Voet H, Fink G, Kima T, Madar Z.

If you eat your carbs at night, for fixed total carbs and calories, you lose more total weight, you lose more fat weight, you lose more waist circumference, you'll be less hungry, have better fasting glucose, better insulin levels, better levels of LDL and HDL cholesterol, C-reactive protein (CRP), tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), and interleukin-6 (IL-6) levels.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
nicotine

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just going to copy paste my meal ideas from the intermittent fasting thread, to give you an idea of what you can do:

Just to give everyone an idea of what I'm eating on my keto diet, which is low carbs, optimally 20g a day or less, but once you're in ketosis you can go up to 50g (not that I risk it). Also high fat, like 70% of your calories, and medium protein 20-25% of your diet, though I find it very hard to keep it that low. Anyway:

Cheesy cauliflour "potatoes"
300gram sirloin steak, medium rare and seasoned with chilli flakes

4 mozarella stuffed burgers, with keto almond flour buns if I can be bothered
Massive salad, lettuce, onions, peppers, mozarella cheese, cheddar, mayonnaise (lots of), coleslaw, 2-4 boiled eggs

Keto meatballs (made with parmesan, 80% fat mince, and mozarella) and pasta sauce around 5g carbs per 100ml (which is as much as I'd use)
Butternut squash spaghetti (or squash spaghetti)

2 salmon fillets
Sour cream, rocket, lemon slices

So I'll have 2 of these meals a day within 2 hours of each other, snacking in between with dark chocolate, greek yogurt, some "keto bombs" to get my calories up if the meals aren't quite making it (the salmon fillets one is a bit low for example). But 2 of these bad boys in large portions definitely doesn't leave me hungry.

I hope that gives people an idea of how to manage it.