Tinder The Really Hard Truth About Girls

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever thought that having the knowledge of who is 'bad' between Russia and USA is useless?

In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter if you have a side?

It wont alter the world a single jot. You'd be better off learning to dance, or paint, or drive a motorbike then you would spending time fretting over whether one nation likes another nation (and so on). All of these worries and thoughts are for nothing.

I disagree with this. Tellers believe it or not some us are genuinely concerned about the world. It keeps me awake in night, especially issues like Islamic radicalism, global warming, etc. It's very important to identify the level of threat different regimens are posing to the world piece so that we can spread the knowledge to others and possibly do something about it. You find your hobbies more enjoyable, fine. However, some of us can't simply rest knowing that human and non-human life on this planet are facing these grave threats. Sitting idly and doing nothing makes us extremely restless.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree with this. Tellers believe it or not some us are genuinely concerned about the world. It keeps me awake in night, especially issues like Islamic radicalism, global warming, etc. It's very important to identify the level of threat different regimens are posing to the world piece so that we can spread the knowledge to others and possibly do something about it. You find your hobbies more enjoyable, fine. However, some of us can't simply rest knowing that human and non-human life on this planet are facing these grave threats. Sitting idly and doing nothing makes us extremely restless.

It doesn't matter though. Eventually you're going to die anyway, and sometime after that the Universe will suffer a heat death.

:)

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bingo.

So do things that make you happy!

It doesn't matter though. Eventually you're going to die anyway, and sometime after that the Universe will suffer a heat death.

Let me give you an example, how will you feel if a scientist capable of discovering a cure for baldness(or cancer) chooses not to discover it because it "doesn't really matter in the long run" ? Sure it matters! It matters to people who are suffering from baldness right now and will suffer from baldness in future. Similarly, end of Islamic radicalism matters to people who are impacted by it.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you a armchair activist?

No. I have organized real life events in my university despite intense opposition, created meet up groups, donated regularly to guys like Sam Harris and Dave Rubin. I have also lost friends over these issues. One of my alternate plan is to do PhD in Philosophy to gain more knowledge and be better equipped to talk about these issues. But that will be a significant time and financial commitment. I am strongly considering it though and have already taken the GRE.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
But it would be more useful to be a fine cook or an excellent photoshopper than it would be to be the guy who knows a plethora of useless facts about Russia-American relations.

Yes girl will not drop panties because you are aware of "a plethora of useless facts about Russia-American relations" but it can made yourself feel better. Feel superior to others and increase level of dopamine which eventually will lead to more "confidence".

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. I have organized real life events in my university despite intense opposition, created meet up groups, donated regularly to guys like Sam Harris and Dave Rubin. I have also lost friends over these issues. One of my alternate plan is to do PhD in Philosophy to gain more knowledge and be better equipped to talk about these issues. But that will be a significant time and financial commitment. I am strongly considering it though and have already taken the GRE.

Sam Harris is amazing. I read a few book of him but the best is Free Will and it fully fit into my world of view (determenistic).

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

Isn't heat death is really, really, really long time away like around (10^1000) years away! That means we can still potentially change lives of countless people yet to be born and billions who are already alive.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sam Harris is amazing. I read a few book of him but the best is Free Will and it fully fit into my world of view (determenistic).

Free Will is great. I also really enjoyed End of Faith and Letter to Christian Nation. Can't wait for his new book on AI.

T

tellersquill

Let me give you an example, how will you feel if a scientist capable of discovering a cure for baldness(or cancer) chooses not to discover it because it "doesn't really matter in the long run" ? Sure it matters! It matters to people who are suffering from baldness right now and will suffer from baldness in future. Similarly, end of Islamic radicalism matters to people who are impacted by it.
It wont be philosophy that stops isis - it will be bullets and the men that shoot them.

T

tellersquill

Yes girl will not drop panties because you are aware of "a plethora of useless facts about Russia-American relations" but it can made yourself feel better. Feel superior to others and increase level of dopamine which eventually will lead to more "confidence".
I'll take the women and you can be the Russia expert ;)

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
It wont be philosophy that stops isis - it will be bullets and the men that shoot them.

You can stop ISIS by bullets but to end Islamic radicalism you will have to trigger reformation in Islam. Which can only be done by debating Islamic ideology and questioning Islam itself. Otherwise you will keep killing organizations like ISIS only to have a new organization next day.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

I took the GRE in 2006 or 2007. I got a 580/800 Verbal, 7/7 for writing, and an 800/800 Math. My verbal score would have been higher if I had spent more time studying international relations. Reading well-written sources such as The Economist is a great way to improve your verbal score.

I understand and respect your desire to see and guide change in the world, but ultimately I believe that most of us have no power, that historical forces are larger and stronger than any one person here. To the extent I study history, I do so as a hobby.

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took the GRE in 2006 or 2007. I got a 580 Verbal and an 800 Math. My verbal score would have been higher if I had spent more time studying international relations. Reading well-written sources such as The Economist is a great way to improve your verbal score.

I understand and respect your desire to see and guide change in the world, but ultimately I believe that most of us have no power, that historical forces are larger and stronger than any one person here. To the extent I study history, I do so as a hobby.

I took the GRE back in 2008 and ended up with a score of 670 in verbal and 790 in Maths. Unfortunately my score expired in 2013 so I had to take it again. But I did better than before as my percentile score in both Verbal and Mathematics went up so it's all good.

I agree with you that historical forces are large and very strong but I believe that change can be brought. I was born in a Hindu family and from history I know that few reformers were able to brought significant changes in Hindu society. I hope one day we can do the same with Islamic society. Also, I don't think most people who have tried to reform Islamic societies have actually focused on the root of the problem, which is the religion itself. I have read about Muslim reformers such as Javed Ghamidi that have advocated the ideas of secularism and modernity in Pakistan despite facing various threats. But mostly these reformers focus on radical individuals or groups and not the religion itself. I believe unless we question the root of the problem, which is the Islam itself, we will never get rid of Islamic radicalism.

I recognize that I might be overoptimistic but like I said, I really do feel better fighting against religious lunacy.

T

tellersquill

I think what @tellersquill was saying is that if you took that time you spent studying politics, and invested into cooking skills and painting skills, girls would f*** you.

I'm translating it for you in case you lost fluency in blue pill.
I wasn't actually saying that. I don't think cooking skills will help you to get laid.

All I meant is that there are more fruitful things to spend your time on then what goes through Putins head.