Tinder experience

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've always been shy myself. Never really got much attention from girls here in the UK but get a lot more from foreign girls. I've had girls swoon over me and bombard me with messages but also had girls give me looks of "eww, gross" lol. Lot of guys tell me I'm good-looking (randomly coming up to me, friends, gay guys etc.) I don't see it lol, I think I'm average apart from my physique (above average). But I've seen some not-so good looking fellas (in my opinion) have success on Tinder (out of shape, chubby face etc.) I think being ethnic here doesn't particularly help here, idk. But gonna stick to real life.

hmm strange you would get both reactions, usually you are either good looking or not. I am a bit of mix of Scottish, Italian, Polish and Irish a mixed bag indeed!

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm strange you would get both reactions, usually you are either good looking or not. I am a bit of mix of Scottish, Italian, Polish and Irish a mixed bag indeed!
Haha, yeah it was usually the trashy club sort to give me those reactions...I am 5'6" I may add, which is less than ideal of course lol. Nice mix! Went to Sicily a couple of years back, loved the place! I'm of Middle Eastern/North African origin. Mainly get passed as Persian.

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha, yeah it was usually the trashy club sort to give me those reactions...I am 5'6" I may add, which is less than ideal of course lol. Nice mix! Went to Sicily a couple of years back, loved the place! I'm of Middle Eastern/North African origin. Mainly get passed as Persian.

Yeah some girls at those places are brutal, egos can be trashed.

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not strange. Not all girls will find you attractive, and not all girls will find you unattractive.

It all depends on if you're their type or not. Females can be harsh and consider the men that are not their type plain ugly.

I don't agree, if you are good looking most girls will agree, unless they are trying to preempt your rejection of them.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I've only been called "ugly" by one girl before constantly when I was 15/16 but she hated my guts then (didn't blame here lol) plus I looked a lot worse then (skin, hair etc.). Now she finds me attractive apparently. But I have got some pretty dirty looks by club girls (wasn't trying to hit on them as I don't approach women), but yeah aside from that no outright disgust. I get a lot more "looks" now from females compared to before when I had a "moonface".

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
^Quite the variety! :p I also reckon maybe some girls would call guys "ugly" even if they don't actually think it. Like maybe they think/know they are "out of their league" and won't give them the time of day so they will say that to make themselves feel better perhaps?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Not sure why your mum would be filled with disgust, bit of an extreme reaction to him. With celebs, some normal people may express very different opinions. Not someone being fair/objective.

Personally I've never had any girl call me ugly, it wouldn't make sense. Not her type/doesn't do it for me is more common. Ugly is pretty strong too.
That because you are very good looking according to Joan:). What celebrity do you most resemble? I told you for me, I was told Keanu Reeves.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
People say I look like Frankenstein. Idk who that is, I'm foreign.
His real name was Herman Munster and he was very tall and handsome. You are definitely a stud muffin. Very jealous of you too.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you afraid that someone might hate your looks for example? You seem to find it inconceivable.

I see you fell into a lot of arguments yesterday with others hmm. I just meant I only use the word uglyness rarely for people. Most people are average to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Tinder is a great way to feel good about yourself. The chicks who are responding on Tinder are extremely desperate.

Hmm

- - - Updated - - -

That because you are very good looking according to Joan:). What celebrity do you most resemble? I told you for me, I was told Keanu Reeves.

Ah yes, you did say that, nice DH :) I'm not sure tbh about myself, I look quite different. No mainstream celebrity I can identify with myself although some have disagreed with that notion. Joan can describe if she wants, things always sound better from a neutral rational person.

Last edited:

EvilLocks

Reaction score

Keanu Reeves is pretty good looking. Haha, I always pictured you with gray hair and glasses, don't know why.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Avatars and the way someone writes can really get our imagination going without seeing their actual picture. In that sense Evil Locks, you remained a mystery. No avatar to express yourself. I guess I just looked at the Norway bit and had an image :) Oh DH has no gray, he makes sure of that hehe.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Avatars and the way someone writes can really get our imagination going without seeing their actual picture. In that sense Evil Locks, you remained a mystery. No avatar to express yourself. I guess I just looked at the Norway bit and had an image :) Oh DH has no gray, he makes sure of that hehe.

I thought i let you know that im not a hitman and i dont look like him either...lol.

EvilLocks

Reaction score

I like remaining a mystery. Except for Joan though, she knows what I look like! Anyway I tried uploading an avatar but it didn't show up. I wonder if I did something wrong. It wasn't an avatar of me though, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's what I imagine you look like Fred, from the outline of your face we have seen in your pictures.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like remaining a mystery. Except for Joan though, she knows what I look like! Anyway I tried uploading an avatar but it didn't show up. I wonder if I did something wrong. It wasn't an avatar of me though, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's what I imagine you look like Fred, from the outline of your face we have seen in your pictures.

Same. Joan "got me" somehow lol. Maybe you didn't choose the right size, you can download it on your computer and resize it so it's within the forum pixel size. It's good you guys shared a picture, you can relate to each other better and your hair battles. Not many girls on here.

I find the whole I look like a celebrity thing to not mean much. How you yourself are perceived in public and look in the mirror is key. People can bear a resemblance to a celebrity but also be no where near as good looking. Like a person at work always says he looks like such and such a person. Don't get me wrong, there is a resemblance but he is not good looking at all but the celeb is.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Same. Joan "got me" somehow lol. Maybe you didn't choose the right size, you can download it on your computer and resize it so it's within the forum pixel size. It's good you guys shared a picture, you can relate to each other better and your hair battles. Not many girls on here.

Yes, that is why I shared pictures with her, it's nice with feedback from a fellow woman. I can't help but wonder what you look like though :)

Maybe I will try again to upload an avatar, just have to find the perfect one.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the difference between avatar and profile pic?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Whats the creature in your profile Fred? It's ... unique.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
His real name was Herman Munster and he was very tall and handsome. You are definitely a stud muffin. Very jealous of you too.

Actually, his real name was Fred Gwynne. My boss looks like him (attractive).

Keanu Reeves? I've always thought he was really good looking. I think you said you won't let yourself go gray. If you look like Keanu, gray wouldn't take anything away from you.

Fred, you left out what Wolf Pack said after "it wouldn't make sense": "Not her type/doesn't do it for me is more common." I don't think he would find it inconceivable that a woman wouldn't find him attractive (I would, though); I think he meant that they wouldn't use ugly as a descriptive word. He is right: Ugly is harsh, and I don't think I've ever seen someone I'd consider ugly. If you look like Edward Norton, then there are some good-looking guys (and a girl) on this forum. I think a lot of you are way too critical of yourselves.