Tinder, Bumble, And Other Dating Sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My alternate take on this is that partner value is assessed based on a number of different variables which are weighted differently for each person. Physical characteristics (height, hair, ethnicity, frame, facial features, fitness) will typically be around 60-80% and the remainder is divided among all the other variables like charisma, commitment, money, intelligence, humor et.c. So essentially, if you have a low score in physical characteristics you'll need extraordinarily high scores in the other variables to compensate. It also follows from this that by far the most effective way to enhance your value in a romantic context is to improve the way you look.

I see you've dropped your pass/fail system. I still think it holds value though.

Scratch that: your system is still pass/fail for sufficiently precise values of "extraordinarily high scores".

It's been many years in the making bro. I have average bodybuilding genetics.. trust me started out as a beanpole. Once you are physically able you can start working on it and you can really achieve very good results.
You are not average stop selling yourself short. You are 6'2. The fact you were a competitive fighters means you also have a lot of aptitude in areas like agility, speed, hand/eye coordination, balance, et cetera.

My frame, for one, is approximately average. I'll benefit from muscle. Not to the extent you do, but to some reasonable level nonetheless. I wish I had thick, long bones in my forearms and hands though:
forearms-rotator.jpg

I'd go NW7 for arms and hands like that.

zircon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see you've dropped your pass/fail system. I still think it holds value though.

Scratch that: your system is still pass/fail for sufficiently precise values of "extraordinarily high scores".
I think of this as a complementary, more sophisticated model with greater explanatory power. The looks threshold system is a simple, useful heuristic but less accurate. Both are a much more useful way of looking at dating than the nonsense that passes as dating advice in most outlets.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think of this as a complementary, more sophisticated model with greater explanatory power. The looks threshold system is a simple, useful heuristic but less accurate. Both are a much more useful way of looking at dating than the nonsense that passes as dating advice in most outlets.

Unfortunately online dating enforces a pass fail system. Swiping countless profiles is tiring, I don't read every profile and to be honest I almost never even look at the second pic.

If the first pic is remotely good enough, I approve. If we then match, I'll give her more thought and consideration. I don't invest energy into most girls I match though as I usually realize the first pic provided an overestimate. For example I might learn that she's too religious, etc.

Within a real life context things are different and human beings are indeed packages.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I called potential Friday night girl tonight. I think she just wanted to know that I'm a real person prior to committing to plans, we spoke for 28 minutes.

The subjects included the Holocaust, how the legal system overrated accusations of rape, Monsanto's terminator seeds, the nature of fruit flies, and the implications of the title of Star Wars Episode VIII.

No just kidding. We didn't talk about those subjects. We actually talked about travelling and cultural differences around the world, family, what sports we'd like to play, work environments, etc.

I didn't know if I should follow @shookwun 's advice or not but it didn't matter as she had a restaurant that she wanted to go to, so I guess that's where we're going. It's my 8th date this year and it's the first time a woman suggests the location. It's no surprise she's aggressive: she's from Israel. She claimed from another point that she's not agressive, I told her that this means she's almost certainly super agressive and now I'm assuming she's going to test me all night long. She laughed.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I called potential Friday night girl tonight. I think she just wanted to know that I'm a real person prior to committing to plans, we spoke for 28 minutes.

The subjects included the Holocaust, how the legal system overrated accusations of rape, Monsanto's terminator seeds, the nature of fruit flies, and the implications of the title of Star Wars Episode VIII.

No just kidding. We didn't talk about those subjects. We actually talked about travelling and cultural differences around the world, family, what sports we'd like to play, work environments, etc.

I didn't know if I should follow @shookwun 's advice or not but it didn't matter as she had a restaurant that she wanted to go to, so I guess that's where we're going. It's my 8th date this year and it's the first time a woman suggests the location. It's no surprise she's aggressive: she's from Israel. She claimed from another point that she's not agressive, I told her that this means she's almost certainly super agressive and now I'm assuming she's going to test me all night long. She laughed.

You swiped her so you find her attractive?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

Good luck bro!

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I once dated a girl who was working in the communication department of Monsanto.

Great girl, very self-aware, she was like: "I know I'm evil, do you mind?"

I had very high hopes for her, but the other day, I saw her proudly posing at the women's march against Trump.

Ah well...

Looks like you dodged a bullet. :D Besides, a girl like that is quite replaceable anyway.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
david thats awesome! she sounds enthusiastic

strong no racist but it seems arabic or middle eastern guys are hated by women, and u did look arab so mayne that was a problem

also half the incels on sluthate type forums are arabs, as well as creepy *** pick up artists

perhaps this girl likes you as she is a fellow arab

and im saying this as a guy who looks arab. it seemed to result in me being called pedo and creeper all the time

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice pic from when I was 20.

Ps- what's the point in posting and making fun? I don't get it.

Not making fun of you man. Just showing you that even trump hair can enhance your aesthetics. I made one more avatar with trump hair for you, hope you like.

Your area from your eyebrow to chin is pretty sick actually. 8/10 probably.

baldhurts.jpg

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
david thats awesome! she sounds enthusiastic

strong no racist but it seems arabic or middle eastern guys are hated by women, and u did look arab so mayne that was a problem

also half the incels on sluthate type forums are arabs, as well as creepy *** pick up artists

perhaps this girl likes you as she is a fellow arab

and im saying this as a guy who looks arab. it seemed to result in me being called pedo and creeper all the time

Definitely. A disproportionate number of the women I have gone out with are part middle Eastern. Most likely to them I'm more OK as they saw of those features and skin tones on one or both of their parents growing up.

Our status isn't helped by the fact middle Eastern men as covered by the media do nothing but collect welfare and blow themselves up. They create an awful stereotype.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Swoop

I understand I pretty much gave everyone permission to roast me by releasing my pics..

But i have only tried to be encouraging to others on here even offering some of the members help with lifting/nutrition.

But yeah if your just having good fun then alright :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
@Swoop

I understand I pretty much gave everyone permission to roast me by releasing my pics..

But i have only tried to be encouraging to others on here even offering some of the members help with lifting/nutrition.

But yeah if your just having good fun then alright :)
BH, why were you considering closing your account and deleting all you posts? You made some great contributions to this forum and are very well liked. Even if you leave, your legacy should remain. You have become a legend now.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
BH, why were you considering closing your account and deleting all you posts? You made some great contributions to this forum and are very well liked. Even if you leave, your legacy should remain. You have become a legend now.

Thanks doctorhouse, I don't know. I already pmed admin asking about it no response yet.

I kind of feel maybe I need to stay off the internet for an extended period of time and seek professional help for my anxeity. It's sometimes hard to look at the front page and have guys talking about suicide and what not, I have felt that way about myself the last 6 months since I can relate as my hairline is receeded pretty far so it's hard to read some things even if they are just trolling. I don't know tho.. I have insane amounts of self improvement to do regardless.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not making fun of you man. Just showing you that even trump hair can enhance your aesthetics. I made one more avatar with trump hair for you, hope you like.

Your area from your eyebrow to chin is pretty sick actually. 8/10 probably.

baldhurts.jpg

wow this one is amazing...

hairline is everything

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thanks doctorhouse, I don't know. I already pmed admin asking about it no response yet.

I kind of feel maybe I need to stay off the internet for an extended period of time and seek professional help for my anxeity. It's sometimes hard to look at the front page and have guys talking about suicide and what not, I have felt that way about myself the last 6 months since I can relate as my hairline is receeded pretty far so it's hard to read some things even if they are just trolling. I don't know tho.. I have insane amounts of self improvement to do regardless.
I can tell you from someone who has suffered from BDD, low self esteem, and anxiety that this place might be a good form of group therapy. You can still get professional help too in your area. I just think people tend to be more open about themselves if they are around people who understand them. I went to a psychologist and I knew more than him and he was not able to help me. You have to go because you need medication to help your anxiety unless you want to try OTC help. If you think avoiding the internet will help then do it. I don't think you have to go to the trouble of deleting your account. You can just take a break and don't log in here. I do it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.