Tinder, Bumble, And Other Dating Sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I kind of feel maybe I need to stay off the internet for an extended period of time and seek professional help for my anxeity.

x4jKPm3.gif

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can tell you from someone who has suffered from BDD, low self esteem, and anxiety that this place might be a good form of group therapy. You can still get professional help too in your area. I just think people tend to be more open about themselves if they are around people who understand them. I went to a psychologist and I knew more than him and he was not able to help me. You have to go because you need medication to help your anxiety unless you want to try OTC help. If you think avoiding the internet will help then do it. I don't think you have to go to the trouble of deleting your account. You can just take a break and don't log in here. I do it all the time.

That's true. I was hoping maybe SSRi meds would help me out a lot.. I don't know I'll do a lot more research first.. I just want to be normal.. that's all.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's true. I was hoping maybe SSRi meds would help me out a lot.. I don't know I'll do a lot more research first.. I just want to be normal.. that's all.

not sure it is reachable m8

maybe only under alco or drugs which equalize both NT and non-NT people

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If I went by your definition of normal, I would still not be normal at my age yet I think I am as normal as the average person is these days. I think you should work part time as a personal trainer. You need to help people and be productive. That is why you are struggling right now. You don't have any purpose right now. You are in limbo waiting to do something productive. In the meantime get a job at a gym and help people worse off than you.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I went by your definition of normal, I would still not be normal at my age yet I think I am as normal as the average person is these days. I think you should work part time as a personal trainer. You need to help people and be productive. That is why you are struggling right now. You don't have any purpose right now. You are in limbo waiting to do something productive. In the meantime get a job at a gym and help people worse off than you.

I know your advice is right. In the summer I made friends with a girl from the gym who is a front of the house manager at a bar here, I wanted to know about bar tending because I felt it would be a great way to get myself out there and she told me she would get me a job as a barback and I could start at the bottom and learn the ropes and then be a bartender, unfortunately I met someone in the summer and I ignored the girl from the gyms texts and we lost contact.. definetely would have taken the job now as I got laid off from oil and gas in September. Thank you for the advice though.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know your advice is right. In the summer I made friends with a girl from the gym who is a front of the house manager at a bar here, I wanted to know about bar tending because I felt it would be a great way to get myself out there and she told me she would get me a job as a barback and I could start at the bottom and learn the ropes and then be a bartender, unfortunately I met someone in the summer and I ignored the girl from the gyms texts and we lost contact.. definetely would have taken the job now as I got laid off from oil and gas in September. Thank you for the advice though.

I hope you don't blame yourself for the job loss.

I believe it'ss the biggest recession in Alberta in a very long time.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the 'lil devil in you - you know where it hurts the most :p

I know you're insecure but the fact is women in their 30s who have good genes and who take care of themselves have no trouble getting good sex and getting relationships.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I know you're insecure but the fact is women in their 30s who have good genes and who take care of themselves have no trouble getting good sex and getting relationships.

I know, David :) I'm not that insecure about my age now, at 24, although I know I'm already competing with younger women on some level. I'm content being 24 actually, it's the future I worry about. Anyway, I was referring to Dante's comment about Pas being old at 28. He later said he was joking so it's OK, although he made that comment knowing very well how sensitive the subject of a woman's age is.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, David :) I'm not that insecure about my age now, at 24, although I know I'm already competing with younger women on some level. I'm content being 24 actually, it's the future I worry about. Anyway, I was referring to Dante's comment about Pas being old at 28. He later said he was joking so it's OK, although he made that comment knowing very well how sensitive the subject of a woman's age is.

OK I see your point. @Pasbrillantebrunette is nice to everyone here so that's possibly not cool. I don't know if he was just giving his opinion or just being rude deliberately.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Dante92 I relate to your frustrations but the women posting here are good citizens of the forum.

I was once a 24 year-old virgin as well.

That only ended when I turned 25.

My apologies if I misunderstood.

Last edited:

EvilLocks

Reaction score
The worst was to call me a "balding woman"... it is obviously true! How dare he say the truth to a woman? ;)

I know, right :D All the men here should absolutely walk on egg shells around us and treat us like the entitled princesses we are!
Joking aside though, I just think the age thing is a low blow. Maybe it's just me who's so age obsessed though ;)

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
;)

I was not when I was 24... then I did not had (or was not aware I had) hair loss! hair loss makes you very conscious of ageing... I really fear ageing since I lose my hair, before I was always feeling like when I was 12, Lol :)

Since puberty, before going bald, I'd look in the mirror and think "I look better than I did a year ago!".

Since balding, I look in a mirror and think "this is the best I'll ever look".

Although treatments changed that outlook for the moment :)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since puberty, before going bald, I'd look in the mirror and think "I look better than I did a year ago!".

Since balding, I look in a mirror and think "this is the best I'll ever look".

Although treatments changed that outlook for the moment :)

What's worse, it's considered bad form for you to just randomly show off your best asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.