Tinder, Bumble, And Other Dating Sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's really hard to meet women in "real life".

At work, most people around my age are in long-term relationships, though a few of the men are single.
I'm going to meetups, it's mostly old people though.
I did sign up for cooking classes. I don't expect to meet anybody there. I didn't in my prior cooking classes.
I have no bar game to speak of.

Honestly,y I've done lots of cooking and yoga classes in the past few years and didn't meet anybody. I suppose if I were very good looking I could flirt with them, but otherwise I'd be a "creeper". That's the term some women use for unattractive men who approach them. Women go to yoga class to do yoga, and go to cooking class to cook, that's all, they don't want anything to get in the way of that unless "oh, he's kind of cute !"

I'm trying to set up a life for myself, but honestly I have no expectations about meeting women there. I'm doing this stuff for fun.

I did make a great female friend at a movies meetup club in canberra, but she was ten years older than me and didn't want children. Some sexual tension there. But no possibility of effective romance. "Real life" isn't that efficient. We all went for hot chocolate after the meetup. She said what she liked about me is that I asked other people what they think about the movie (It was the excellent Me Before You starring the delectable Emilia Clarke), rather than just talk about what I think. But either real life means a small number of people.

I am not sure if yoga/cooking classes are any good to actually meet women. I haven't really tried them. I went to a meet up a few times but it was awkward as f*** to make conversation with strangers so I quit. When I say "real life", I was mostly referring to friends, your friends friends or work friends. However, can you develop some kind of friendship with people you meet in classes? Once you hang out with them, you may eventually end up meeting with females in their network. But I do realize it's really hard to force yourself to develop friendship with people you don't know or don't find interesting. It's pretty much impossible for me.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure if yoga/cooking classes are any good to actually meet women. I haven't really tried them. I went to a meet up a few times but it was awkward as f*** to make conversation with strangers so I quit. When I say "real life", I was mostly referring to friends, your friends friends or work friends. However, can you develop some kind of friendship with people you meet in classes? Once you hang out with them, you may eventually end up meeting with females in their network. But I do realize it's really hard to force yourself to develop friendship with people you don't know or don't find interesting. It's pretty much impossible for me.

f*** meet ups

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** meet ups

Yeah man. The moments I spent in those meet ups were by far the most uncomfortable moments of my life. You have to force yourself to talk to random people and pretend to take interest in their conversations no matter how boring. f*** all that.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meetups were worthwhile for me in Canberra. It was an opportunity to go to restaurants I wouldn't otherwise go to, which i liked. I did meet the one friend which I mentioned. Overall though, most were boring, it took some effort to converge to something worthwhile.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man. The moments I spent in those meet ups were by far the most uncomfortable moments of my life. You have to force yourself to talk to random people and pretend to take interest in their conversations no matter how boring. f*** all that.

my last experience was meetup to see a some movie and discuss after, appointed at the caffe in shopping mall

cliffs (@Baldhurts rate my autistic level):
> came 40 mins earlier and there were a few people already
> sat in caffe
> people started to gathering
> everyone (~20 people) excluding me started to small-talkings and throw out their hyper NT
> I was sitting alone for a 40 minutes while sipping my coffee and pretend to do something with my phone
> went with them (a bit behind) to a higher floor to see a cinema
> watched the movie alone without any word (no one tried to interact with me as well)
> left the building with them and went away before they reached a final destination to discuss a movie after

0 interactions 0 words I said nobody noticed me

came back home

Also these meet ups teems with homos so be careful guys.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
my last experience was meetup to see a some movie and discuss after, appointed at the caffe in shopping mall

> sat in caffe
> everyone (~20 people) excluding me started to small-talkings and throw out their hyper NT
> I was sitting alone for a 40 minutes while sipping my coffee and pretend to do something with my phone
> watched the movie alone without any word (no one tried to interact with me as well)
> left the building with them and went away before they reached a final destination to discuss a movie after

came back home

This is what would happen to me at a meetup.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Meetups were worthwhile for me in Canberra. It was an opportunity to go to restaurants I wouldn't otherwise go to, which i liked. I did meet the one friend which I mentioned. Overall though, most were boring, it took some effort to converge to something worthwhile.
David, I think you are only going to be happy with someone who has around the same level of intelligence as you. Otherwise, you will be bored. You need someone who engages you in conversation without you having to always do the engaging. And someone who can talk about all levels of similar interests and challenge you at times. And I know you would be open to new interests as well as long as they seem interesting. Just a hunch but I could be way off.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

> sat in caffe

came back home

They all were just "social snobs". Or you made yourself unapproachable with your body language.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
They all were just "social snobs". Or you made yourself unapproachable with your body language.

Cannot be approachable with balding and 4.5/10 face.

Met a hyper manlet 5'0 indian on similar event who is bald in his 19 or so. Surprise he was an incel and didn't talk a lot albeit we talk a bit.

If I knew @Dante92 before I'd think it is him in indian skin because his humour was similar and he subscribed on that stupid facebook communities with memes like 9gag or so.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Met a hyper manlet 5'0 indian on similar event who is bald in his 19 or so. Surprise he was an incel and didn't talk a lot albeit we talk a bit.

If I knew @Dante92 before I'd think it is him in indian skin because his humour was similar and he subscribed on that stupid facebook communities with memes like 9gag or so.

I never imagined you would think so lowly of me. I'm crushed. Truly.

I never subscribed to "stupid fb communities with memes", I'm not even on fb. Or any social media, for that matter.

The Spirit of the Sad Frog guides me and inspires me when I search for memes, that's just it.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never imagined you would think so lowly of me. I'm crushed. Truly.

I never subscribed to "stupid fb communities with memes", I'm not even on fb. Or any social media, for that matter.

The Spirit of the Sad Frog guides me and inspires me when I search for memes, that's just it.

dante do u have an egg head?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

mate these words you come up with are hilarious....hyper manlet.

f*****g brutal man

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
David, I think you are only going to be happy with someone who has around the same level of intelligence as you. Otherwise, you will be bored. You need someone who engages you in conversation without you having to always do the engaging. And someone who can talk about all levels of similar interests and challenge you at times. And I know you would be open to new interests as well as long as they seem interesting. Just a hunch but I could be way off.

but theyre probably not gonna be lookers

i imagine david hooking up with someone similar to himself...very smart but average looks.

like most people who get together, theyre usually very similar

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

> sat in caffe

came back home

Damn, cold son.

Did they realise you're with them?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
but theyre probably not gonna be lookers

i imagine david hooking up with someone similar to himself...very smart but average looks.

like most people who get together, theyre usually very similar

Couples tend to be matched in looks.

They also tend to be matched in age and geography (obvious), intelligence, education, social class, sociability, race, religion, etc.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I do on the meetups is I post a comment on the meetup page saying I'm new to the group and I don't recognize myself. I describe myself, what I'm wearing, etc and eventually someone finds me, or offers me their phone number to find them.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
About couples being matched in age -- it's nearly universal.

Look up age of first marriage on wikipedia. The difference is 3 years for most countries. The difference is between 2 years and 4 years (Men being slightly older) for nearly every single country.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
About couples being matched in age -- it's nearly universal.

Look up age of first marriage on wikipedia. The difference is 3 years for most countries. The difference is between 2 years and 4 years (Men being slightly older) for nearly every single country.

david i havent followed everything in this thread....

are you frustated by the lack of hot girls your getting matched with? or frustated by the lack of the other things..personality, intelligence etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.