Tinder, Bumble, And Other Dating Sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
You don't need to use "game" on her to keep her interested. Just be your normal self. If she finds you attractive, she will be interested in what you say. Don't overthink and complicate this stuff and make a clown of your self by trying to "game" her or use fake stories. On some dates I didn't even talk much. I just sat there and listened to the woman while occasionally making short comments.

They're acting like game is some unique concept that helped men get laid like crazy since the early 2000's.

Yet when you ask them to define game, they'll tell you it's about social skills, then that it's about lifting weights and buying better clothes, then that it's about learning female psychology, then... You got my point, game is everything, and therefore it is nothing.

As I've said, not how human mating works: sexual attraction occurs in a part of our brain we have no control over. A woman doesn't decide to have sex with you, you don't convince a woman to have sex with you.

I still don't like the "be yourself" attitude. It sounds like a cope or something that a NW1 would say. "I was myself but she didn't like me" (cope) or "Just be yourself like I am" (NW1). I guess that I'm unsatisfied because I went on failed dates where I felt like the lady was pleased to be with me and giving me a chance, while I didn't do the right things. Are you guys saying that I was wrong and it was decided as soon as she observed my looks? I'm always trying to keep in mind the idea that the average lady has probably dated a guy who is uglier, shorter, less polite etc. than yourself, though it may be untrue.

Fred, you should know that game does have a clearly defined methodology. Maybe it's wrong, but it is clear. You are confusing actual game with the joke that is modern game like that Tyler guy. They have no method. Original game has a very clear method. I can PM you details if you want.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I still don't like the "be yourself" attitude. It sounds like a cope or something that a NW1 would say. "I was myself but she didn't like me" (cope) or "Just be yourself like I am" (NW1). I guess that I'm unsatisfied because I went on failed dates where I felt like the lady was pleased to be with me and giving me a chance, while I didn't do the right things. Are you guys saying that I was wrong and it was decided as soon as she observed my looks? I'm always trying to keep in mind the idea that the average lady has probably dated a guy who is uglier, shorter, less polite etc. than yourself, though it may be untrue.

Fred, you should know that game does have a clearly defined methodology. Maybe it's wrong, but it is clear. You are confusing actual game with the joke that is modern game like that Tyler guy. They have no method. Original game has a very clear method. I can PM you details if you want.
If you can't be yourself, then who do you want to be when you go out on dates. I have been dating longer than all of you and I can tell you women like to be entertained. Keep the conversation interesting and engaging and you will do just fine. Throw in some humor and complements and you will do just fine. Don't talk about controversy topics on the first few dates. And most importantly focus on THEM not you.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
just found a great Slybaldguys thread, OP triggers the hell out of them saying he's happily using finasteride + transplant. gets instabanned. shame the pics are dead but you get the idea

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=24349.0

my favourite:

tgQEuwS.png

i honestly can't wrap my head around how different I am mentally to SBGs

"I wouldn't go back or try anything for the world!"

Well... If he's the guy in the picture ^ it looks like he has no choice.
BTW, SBG are my initials! Coincidence? Maybe I should take the hint and convert to slybaldguys hahah

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score

In reality "be yourself" is a meaningless concept.

You are always yourself. Whoever you choose to be is you. If you "pretend" to be this cool guy on a date, then when you get home your a nerd, you're still being yourself the entire time, you've just chosen to act different in different situations.

A much better way of putting it, in my opinion, is don't worry about how to act. Just do whatever feels right.

If you're there racking your brains for the right thing to say, its nearly always obvious that you're doing it. Plus its rarely going to be much better than whatever stupid remark you would have made otherwise.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Think about it, if a girl you find hot behaves extremely awkward, would you turn her down and be like 'nah I can't have sex with her'?

Well this is a good point I agree.

But even guys will have some limit. It's just so far it's ridiculous to even consider. I find it hard to even think of something lol. But I'm saying that girls limit is much less than a guys. Guys are much cheaper than girls, thus she can pick and choose on things that we can't.

I still maintain you can f*** it up. Maybe you just haven't seen how awkward guys can be. We've had this argument before though, got us nowhere :p

In House (what's up @DoctorHouse ) Dr. Chase proves your theory, when they all go blind dating, he tries to f*** up the date and still manages getting more dates than the other two.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well this is a good point I agree.

But even guys will have some limit. It's just so far it's ridiculous to even consider. I find it hard to even think of something lol. But I'm saying that girls limit is much less than a guys. Guys are much cheaper than girls, thus she can pick and choose on things that we can't.

I still maintain you can f*** it up. Maybe you just haven't seen how awkward guys can be. We've had this argument before though, got us nowhere :p

In House (what's up @DoctorHouse ) Dr. Chase proves your theory, when they all go blind dating, he tries to f*** up the date and still manages getting more dates than the other two.

The fact is that men care about social class as well.

There's a reason couples are usually matched in social class.

Two reasons: the man cares and the woman cares.

That said you can't fake social class. It has to be earned by prolonged transformation and luck, or given for free at birth.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score

Oh yes I believe so for dating, not so much for just-sex though.

Although your logic is faulty. Even if just women wanted it, couples would be matched in social class.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yes I believe so for dating, not so much for just-sex though.

Although your logic is faulty. Even if just women wanted it, couples would be matched in social class.

Yes, they would be matched, but men want it as well.

At least I do and I know several of my friends do. It's really hard to be enthusiastic about women with no careers and no prospects.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, they would be matched, but men want it as well.

At least I do and I know several of my friends do. It's really hard to be enthusiastic about women with no careers and no prospects.

I couldn't care less about her career, nor her prospects (so long as they're willing to enact my prospects).

Well I care but it's pretty much negligible in my decision to date.

But I'd want someone I share interests in. So people who live a completely different live are less likely.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

That said you can't fake social class. It has to be earned by prolonged transformation and luck, or given for free at birth.
Plus, you also have the post modernist who would suggest there is no class. And the Liquid Modernists such as Beck, Bauman, and Giddens, who all suggested we live in a stage of late modernity where social structures are far more flexible.

This is certainly true as now a plumber (working class) can now often earn more than a teacher (middle class). So the plumber is wealthier and yet doesn't have the cultural capital (read the right books, wears the right clothes) to be considered middle class. This in itself helps turn class categories on their head and makes them far more elusive to define.

Even myself, a man who comes from a dirt poor working class family, now straddles the ledge between the two classes. Because despite my poor upbringing I managed to attend an excellent university - I've spent years and years around middle class people - and I now work as a teacher. So now my upbringing and heritage is working class, but my tastes, my accent, and my profession are middle class.

All that is clear is that class isn't so rigid anymore (unless you were to just base it on income stratifications)

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
reality escaping could be a thing

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.