Things to improve in your apprence

Technical

Reaction score
virtuality said:
IMHO, most women prefer a mature and a grounded man to a ripped body.

Assuming, with hard work and maturity comes rewards, a hard working person also has reasonable amount of money and he has an advantage over a ripped body.

I don't like the whole notion that women prefer money, it's more about what money represents. If the guy is successful and rich, then he's obviously ahead in the game, but if he's rich for the sake of being rich, then there is no real advantage.
When did I say a ripped body took president over a mature and grounded man? I didn't. I simply stated that a ripped body is something that women go for. If you want an example of that, watch Jersey Shore. Those guys are all ugly as hell but have great bodies so they land chicks.

It's not necessarily money, it's just that men who make more money tend to be more stable because they have that under wraps. For example, if I get into medical school, I'll never have women problems in my life.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Definately, a secure job and a bit of status really gets girls motors humming for some reason!

What I want to know is, what to do if your not one of getting into the whole rat race? What if you want to take it slowwwww and go your your own way. Dont the slovenly and the obdurate deserve good loving too?!!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Definately, a secure job and a bit of status really gets girls motors humming for some reason!

What I want to know is, what to do if your not one of getting into the whole rat race? What if you want to take it slowwwww and go your your own way. Dont the slovenly and the obdurate deserve good loving too?!!!

It all depends what you're looking for, longterm G/F or one night stand.
Guess what, different types of girl like different types of guy and what a girl goes for at 27 is probably going to be different to what she wanted at 19.

And I'll repeat what I've said many times on here before, women want a man who's got his 5hit together in life.
A guy with a future not some waster like HPM who has nothing going on in his life.
Its an evolutionary thing. Prior to the last century if a woman did'nt have a partner who was motivated and resourceful the odds of survival for her and her offspring were not good.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I couldnt agree more, theres all sorts out there, its why i find the generalisations on these boards so amusing.

Theres probably even someone out there in the deepest darkest recesses for a lost soul like HPM

s.a.f

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Theres probably even someone out there in the deepest darkest recesses for a lost soul like HPM

Hmm, there are a few fat birds out there who like to 'mother' weak men.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dunno saf, I think HPM makes a good case, If you have a wig/hat and are minted then you can still score some hot women...

article-0-0C3A2CEB00000578-875_468x307.jpg

Technical

Reaction score
The only time hair would actually matter as much as HPM and others say it does is if you're trying to pick a 8+ from a club for a one nighter.

That's about all its limited to. Otherwise hair loss isn't going to deter you from what you were already able to achieve before the hair loss as far as a potential girlfriend or wife goes. When women want a long term relationship, attractiveness is not as highly rated as emotional stability, confidence, job, and status. Also even if it were, your hair isn't going to make THAT much of a difference. Maybe you'll go down 1.5 on a 10 scale.

In the scheme of things not only does balding not have a giant effect on attractiveness, but considering the entire package; it has hardly any affect in finding an attractive mate.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
"The only time hair would actually matter as much as HPM and others say it does is if you're trying to pick a 8+ from a club for a one nighter." - one of the best statements in last few months.

slipy

Reaction score
Technical said:
your hair isn't going to make THAT much of a difference. Maybe you'll go down 1.5 on a 10 scale.

In the scheme of things not only does balding not have a giant effect on attractiveness
but considering the entire package; it has hardly any affect in finding an attractive mate.

may i disagree with that, sir?

129358_johnny-depp-attending-a-screening-of-21-jumpstreet-in-october-1989.jpg

and in Fear and Loathing :

fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas-9826-1312784125-25.jpg

fear+and+loathing+blog+image.JPG

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
it has to do with mans evolutionary role as a provider

considering ur 6 foot f*cking 3 tho then u have a huge advantage already, (for short term stuff at least)

Yeah but Im done with that really. I had a wild patch in my youth when i realised how easy it is in general to pull (turns out, women like shagging just as much as we do) but you can only be hanging out the arse end of a stranger so many times before you want for something a little deeper, or at least, thats how i felt anyway. Short term stuff is not the same as a settled relationship, i get absolutely no satisfaction about banging away at a drunken lonely nobody as we desperately search in vain for some brief purpose in each others pants.

Reaction score
slipy said:
Technical said:
your hair isn't going to make THAT much of a difference. Maybe you'll go down 1.5 on a 10 scale.

In the scheme of things not only does balding not have a giant effect on attractiveness
but considering the entire package; it has hardly any affect in finding an attractive mate.

While I agree with you to a point that it might be more than a 1.5, this is a really poor example that shows the power of style. The first picture shows him rocking nice, well fitting clothes. The second of him in Fear and Loathing, he's rocking a grown-out NW5(everyone should know this is a no-no by now) with poorly matched and ill-fitting outfits and hideously unstylish glasses. Buzz him down, give him a little facial hair, throw the same clothes on him, and bam - his point deduction is closer to Technical's outlook.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont deny it is helpful, im conscious that whenever i walk into a room i get looked at as i am physically imposing, but in truth, it isnt that big of a deal when it comes to getting women on a night out if thats your bag, it might catch their eye but if they think your a dick, theyre just gonna think your a big dick instead of a little one.

Ultimately women may like it when a man is tall but they dont care that much. I might prefer brown curly hair, big boobs and a pert bum, slender and elegant 5ft 11 woman who likes to read dostoyevski but also enjoys a beer and soccer as well as industrious sexual gymnastics! However in reality, if I get chatting to a 5ft 4 cute blonde who is not my type but i enjoy her company then it would be stupid to rule out getting to know her on either a short or long term basis simply because she may not be my 'ideal' partner. Life is too short for ideals, most women know this and are usually prepared to give a guy a chance, its just that men are very good at screwing them up and then blaming women for their failings.

s.a.f

Reaction score
hairlosshippie said:
slipy said:
Technical said:

While I agree with you to a point that it might be more than a 1.5, this is a really poor example that shows the power of style. The first picture shows him rocking nice, well fitting clothes. The second of him in Fear and Loathing, he's rocking a grown-out NW5(everyone should know this is a no-no by now) with poorly matched and ill-fitting outfits and hideously unstylish glasses. Buzz him down, give him a little facial hair, throw the same clothes on him, and bam - his point deduction is closer to Technical's outlook.

Its nothing to do with the clothes, the same clothes/sunglasses on a Depp with hair would look great. Depp and Pitt often wear terrible outfits in their personal lives and are still seen as attractive.
Depp does'nt suit the bald look, which is the problem that most of us on here have. Clothes do very little, when your looking at potential partners do you really look for who's the best dressed?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
ok i see what you are trying to say. . . . and about the last part . . . . u soundin like a real feminist there

:laugh:

I knew that was coming

Im not a feminist (id have no problem admitting it if i was) but anyway your quite welcome to think that if it is making you feel scib dabby doozy

cuebald

Reaction score
male pattern baldness affects far more than just trashy girls at a club. it affects practically all girls in all situations with me.
just girls who I might meet at the pub with friends, in work, out shopping, etc (general places you meet girls), because of male pattern baldness alone they will now write me off as soon as they look at me, whereas before I might have caught one of their eye and it could have gone further. What could have been a long term relationship, male pattern baldness turns into a quick glance and a "no thanks" at introductions at the pub.
If a girl isn't attracted to you no amount of "alpha" "game" cockiness is going to change that, and lets face it, male pattern baldness makes a lot of us pretty much unattractive.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
cuebald said:
male pattern baldness affects far more than just trashy girls at a club. it affects practically all girls in all situations with me.
just girls who I might meet at the pub with friends, in work, out shopping, etc (general places you meet girls), because of male pattern baldness alone they will now write me off as soon as they look at me, whereas before I might have caught one of their eye and it could have gone further. What could have been a long term relationship, male pattern baldness turns into a quick glance and a "no thanks" at introductions at the pub.
If a girl isn't attracted to you no amount of "alpha" "game" cockiness is going to change that, and lets face it, male pattern baldness makes a lot of us pretty much unattractive.

^Right, which is why posts like this ...

slipy said:
Technical wrote:

In the scheme of things not only does balding not have a giant effect on attractiveness but considering the entire package; it has hardly any affect in finding an attractive mate.
... are absolutely ridiculous. Spoken like a true nw2 who has 0 idea what it is like living in the real world as a bald man. :shakehead:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Having a ton of friends is a pain in the ***. Too much maintenance for me.