Things to improve in your apprence

B

Beingbaldsucks

Let's face it, baldness sucks, but I wanted to do a list of thing I think I can improve to make myself too look better. First I think to look young just try to whear young ppl clothes you know cuz they see baldness as a sign of old let's prove them otherwise., second:workout, muscles can be a big + it will give you a more mainly look, woman also find muscler guys attractive, third: tanning, white skin is ugly with baldness, if you keep yourself Tane your empty head will look better. Another thing that can be a huge + is the beard, usually a shaved beard will add to the nothingness of the head, but too much of it will make you look like a freak, keep it short and try different styles, like the around mouth style or a little mustache can be good as well. You can try and grow a little the "ring" hair and keep it short to match it with the beard, you know sathem like. More suggestions?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't grow a proper beard and I don't really tan either. So I guess I'm fcuked.

B

Beingbaldsucks

Exodus2011 said:
To add to that, earrings, piercings, and tattoos
Something that crossed my mind was head tattoeing, there are some cool tattoos out there, problem is: people may see you as some kind of gang member and you'll have trouble to get respected jobs, I dont want to fill my head with tattoos, just something cool in the back of the head

slipy

Reaction score
i saw this one fat sly guy with hitman bar code tattoo on the back of his head. he probably thought it'd make him coooler.

B

Beingbaldsucks

ghg said:
Can't grow a proper beard and I don't really tan either. So I guess I'm fcuked.
Have you tried tanning? You know there are also artificial ways to do that? Btw you don't look even near balding in your avatar or its just starting from the back with you?

B

Beingbaldsucks

slipy said:
i saw this one fat sly guy with hitman bar code tattoo on the back of his head. he probably thought it'd make him coooler.
Hitman barcode is stupid, yes I love 47 too but that's too much, I sew someone with stripes on the back that continued to the sides and it looked cool as hell, only problem is like I said, people may get the wrong impression about you

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
about the scalp tattooing; there are few issues id like to address
First under the sun your scalp will still shine (if your slick bald) with the tattoo it will look odd..
Second, if someone will try to touch your head, he will see tinny hairs but he wont feel them....which is odd too.
3rd (and most important imo), after a while the tattoo fades, if it was a "regular" tattoo - then fine, you can redo it, but since these are tiny dots, who can promise me that the "artist" - when redoing the scalp - will draw them exactly one-to-one each on eachother? and he if wont, eventually youll have a big black weird looking patch on you head...

how to improve... i think trying to dress "young and hip" will cause just the opposite outcome, imo a bald dude should dress alegant and stylish..
take Daughtry for example

chris_daughtry-1-225x300.jpg

the tattooing / tanning / getting buffed, works too if you dont mind looking like an ex convict

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/dwayne-johnson-in-faster_100316749_l.jpg

B

Beingbaldsucks

Ori83 said:
about the scalp tattooing; there are few issues id like to address
First under the sun your scalp will still shine (if your slick bald) with the tattoo it will look odd..
Second, if someone will try to touch your head, he will see tinny hairs but he wont feel them....which is odd too.
3rd (and most important imo), after a while the tattoo fades, if it was a "regular" tattoo - then fine, you can redo it, but since these are tiny dots, who can promise me that the "artist" - when redoing the scalp - will draw them exactly one-to-one each on eachother? and he if wont, eventually youll have a big black weird looking patch on you head...

how to improve... i think trying to dress "young and hip" will cause just the opposite outcome, imo a bald dude should dress alegant and stylish..
take Daughtry for example

chris_daughtry-1-225x300.jpg

the tattooing / tanning / getting buffed, works too if you dont mind looking like an ex convict

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/dwayne-johnson-in- faster_100316749_l.jpg
that's not buffed that's over-steroids look. You don't need to be huge, just muscler enough too look like a man, kinda like stathem, but also you need to be thin enough. All those big guys eat alot and focus too much on muscles and not on aerobic, stathem was a professional diver, swimming and diving can reduce your fat alot

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to wear a lot of indie/thrift store/type clothes but when I shaved it for a while, I ditched them for more plain sweaters and jeans. I just feel very out of place with a big shiny head and a plaid shirt. I had a green shirt that had tassels which had to be ditched to avoid the skinhead look.

Finding the happy medium between looking 'in shape' is difficult for a baldie too. I lost 16 pounds or so (and I still had hair) and was told I looked in shape yet when I shaved my head, I was asked if I was ok/ill. Yet at the same time, no one wants to be a fat rolling baldie either.

The tan can make a big difference but how do you get a tan if you live in Eastern/Northern Europe? When if it's not just 4-5 hrs of sunlight in the winter and even then you don't always get sunshine. Maybe I've been put off by the loompa-loompa girls I see everywhere but fake tan doesn't look that great and it ends up looking too orange.

Saying all that, a shaved head looks the best out of a bad situation if you are severly diffusing/thinning past NW4.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Not being seen in the first place.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Might not be to everybody's taste, but I'd recommend MODERATE use of a sunbed, by that I mean no more than once every 2 weeks, which is completely safe as long as you build up your tan slowly over many sessions. It does make a big difference!

Also if you're gonna persevere with wearing ultra hip clothes, then I think you'd have to heavily stylize yourself with many of the above mentioned items and accessories, but most importantly make sure your hair is SHORT, the shaved look is not for everyone, but long grown out receded hair obviously doesn't look good on any guy wearing young, trendy looking clothes... Everytime my hair grows out long, I deliberately avoid wearing my trendy sh*t and young looking trainers, because it just doesn't look right!

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
buy trainers, go for a run every other day, aim for a mile.. then two.. then three etc until youre running for an hour over whatever distance.

buy weights and tone up, do them all a couple of times per week, you dont need to be buffed but you do need to be fit.

dont eat processed sh*t, buy your veg from markets and meat from butchers, dont worry about calorie intake or portions/patterns of eating. dont eat sweets, dont drink fizzy drinnks. honestly aslong as you eat well and exercise then youll be fine.

over time youll get in decent shape.

no tatoos, clothes, earings or whatever will make you look better, just be as healthy and as natural as you possibly can.

failure to follow these steps is purely laziness lol. its not even as if its hard, relax and make it part of your life

good luck

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
If it was practical you could just wear a suit all the time. Everyone looks good in a suit.
IOH-01014013.jpg

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
I disagree about wearing young peoples clothing. To me, a balding man who dresses like Justin Bieber looks like he's making a bad attempt at going undercover at the local high school.

Lead Farmer

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are intending to improve your appearance for female attention (which I'm guessing all of you are) then let me just say tattoos, piercings and a lot of different styles of facial hair will NOT help you at all with the majority of women.

Trendy and conservative facial hair can definitely be a plus, especially if your face is fairly plain. Mustaches, white trash style goatees and neck beards are an absolute NO for bald guys (and everyone else).

Keep yourself clean looking. Dress conservatively yet sharp and modern. The guy Beingbaldsucks posted with the polo shirt and jeans is the perfect example. Hawaiian shirts, wife beaters and leather are horrible on bald guys (and everyone else).

Keep outdoors and active when possible. Toned and tanned sends out a strong message of excellent health and masculinity.

I think the key is not to overdo anything. Don't turn yourself into the incredible hulk, don't dress up like a christmas tree and don't grow a nature reserve on your face. The one advantage of being bald is looking clean, you need to build on that.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Good post farmer. I agree about tattoos and earings. Anyone over 18 who has an earring looks like a tit (each to their own I suppose).

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
hiya said:
Good post farmer. I agree about tattoos and earings. Anyone over 18 who has an earring looks like a tit (each to their own I suppose).

I have an 8mm tunnell; looks much less gay without the metalhead connotations too.

seb

Reaction score
fodandahalf said:
hiya said:

I have an 8mm tunnell; looks much less gay without the metalhead connotations too.

Whats the point.