The Truth About Follica, Need Help Please

H

Reaction score
Say you essentially keep going more rounds and repeat the process for more and more density, wouldn't this lose its efficacy over time from the microscars?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fyi I recall reading an interview where the follica rep said they don't believe that one would have to shave their head for the procedure. No, I don't have the link handy, just my recollection.....just please please please no minoxidil!

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Say you essentially keep going more rounds and repeat the process for more and more density, wouldn't this lose its efficacy over time from the microscars?

This is highly unlikely mainly because if this was the case they would not be advertising the fact you get 25 terminal follicles per cm2, they'd be saying you could get much more than that by repeat application.

Your point about scaring is valid though, in fact they have not denied that fibrosis is possible and say they are trying to reduce this.

Personally I don't have much faith that this is going to get you back the full density people desire, especially around the hairline but people desperately wont something to hope for.

H

Reaction score
This is highly unlikely mainly because if this was the case they would not be advertising the fact you get 25 terminal follicles per cm2, they'd be saying you could get much more than that by repeat application.

Your point about scaring is valid though, in fact they have not denied that fibrosis is possible and say they are trying to reduce this.

Personally I don't have much faith that this is going to get you back the full density people desire, especially around the hairline but people desperately wont something to hope for.
If your receded youd basically have to make your own new hairline lol it doesn't have any way to control thickness either but perhaps it will be good for nw2s just beginning to thin.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The amount of scarring from multiple rounds of Follica's deal would probably add up to a small fraction of the scarring from one regular hair transplant session. Same with the loss of ultimately achievable density.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Consider that this same technology, as was all over the news a few months ago, shows the potential for scarless healing.

It's likely that future iterations of the treatment would be optimized for that.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Consider that this same technology, as was all over the news a few months ago, shows the potential for scarless healing.

It's likely that future iterations of the treatment would be optimized for that.

I missed that in the news. Any links? They referenced Follica by name? Or just wounding? Not sure what to google to look it up myself.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I missed that in the news. Any links? They referenced Follica by name? Or just wounding? Not sure what to google to look it up myself.

If you're wanting information about Follica's scar free wound regeneration then that has been news since the beginning of the year.

I agree with That Guy for scarless healing. Dr. Costarelis also suggests indirectly that this works on existing scars since myofibroblasts are formed in scar tissue. It's my assumption; hence if there is existing scar tissue and their method is done through wounding, then they would simply excise the scar and during healing, instead of re-creating myofibroblasts (more scar tissue), they'd influence these cells to become Adipose fat which is a fancy way of saying healthy skin. Their work involves converting myofibroblasts to adipocytes which produces the scar free skin and hair follicles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/futuri...-discovered-how-to-regenerate-human-skin/amp/

There's YouTube interviews with Costarelis where he states the same thing as AMP if you want to search for them as well.

Last edited:

H

Reaction score

Does this have to do with the laser technology they are apparently using?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everybody is going nuts about Follica :) possible release in 2-3 years so 2019-2020? This is when Tsuji could come out...couldn't think Follica being superior, seems like everybody hopes for mantaining and adding 1-2 Norwood with Follica until Tsuji gets less expensive

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everybody is going nuts about Follica :) possible release in 2-3 years so 2019-2020? This is when Tsuji could come out...couldn't think Follica being superior, seems like everybody hopes for maintaining and adding 1-2 Norwood with Follica until Tsuji gets less expensive

I would be more stoked for Follica because its 'here' where I live and would be approved.>and probably affordable compared to Tsuji.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Everybody is going nuts about Follica :) possible release in 2-3 years so 2019-2020? This is when Tsuji could come out...couldn't think Follica being superior, seems like everybody hopes for mantaining and adding 1-2 Norwood with Follica until Tsuji gets less expensive

I could have sworn people were talking about Follica coming out in 2018 as recently as a couple days ago. ☹️

Like wasn't all the talk that 2017 was the bridge year and we'd get some new treatments in 2018? Is this whole forum just one big Groundhog's Day cope?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could have sworn people were talking about Follica coming out in 2018 as recently as a couple days ago. ☹️

Like wasn't all the talk that 2017 was the bridge year and we'd get some new treatments in 2018? Is this whole forum just one big Groundhog's Day cope?

I do not know where they are getting 2020 from..it think they are just predicting..no one knows for sure when they will come out because they are so f*****g quiet.

Reactions: H

Newerah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Follica release at the end of 2018