The Only Current 100% Cure To Hairloss- Suicide

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to be very overweight, have bad style and was unappealing. I have had a history of severe depression since I was a kid. But I worked super hard and lost 55lbs over a period of 3-4 years. I had abs, finally could wear cool clothes, and was feeling good about myself for the first time. And bam! My hairloss started. I'm already too short for a lot of woman (168cm), and now balding in my 20s? How am I so unlucky. Not only that I am a musician an audio engineer and I developed tinnitus. Ok quit that get a day job. I developed tendonitis and could no longer work my day job. Ok I'll study IT. Well now I'm having vision problems and something called visual snow. It's become complete hell living in my body. It's like a prison. I'm missing family birthdays, and most of my 20s cause I just am scared to touch my hair. Every time I do my hair 10-30 fall out. Even the back thick "donor" area sheds like crazy. And my scalp smells horrible even when I wash it.

I had a plan to end it a few months back, but didn't because of my mother. After such an intense period you think she would be on her toes since she was the only reason I stuck around. Well now she just seems bothered by how depressed I am. If she isn't rooting for me I fear that's the final thing I need to be able to go through with it. I feel like this is the one place I can go to vent without judgement. I like to think there is hope, but I just feel like I have one too many things that are incurable by modern medical science.

Sorry if this annoyed or upset someone. Just needed to be honest somewhere about where I'm at. Please be kind as I'm in a very tough place.

TheGreatDanton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude im 1.68m as well, there are way shorter people, it never stopped me from getting girls or making friends or whatever. Im also balding and probably will be soon if i dont get on Finasteride. I also got other health issues, one of them untreatable. Its not the end of it, there is hope just hang in there things will get better.

mojojuju224

My Regimen
Reaction score
@WheeljackG1 I would go see someone, a professional who is qualified to handle ideation like you're exhibiting, as they would have the tools to help treat you, and they're quite good. The truth is that no one cares about your hair loss but you. People are so self involved, if you didn't have hair, they wouldn't care. I have several friends who shave their heads and I don't even notice and it certainly didn't change my perception of them when they lost it. Men develop this insecurity because they feel like their hair is tied to their identity. If you've tried treatments and they have failed, just shave your head and start living your life. There are really good treatments available, though, and if you haven't looked into Finasteride or Dutasteride, I'd give them a look if I were you. I understand you may be feeling less than, but the hair doesn't make the man. I've had long hair almost my entire life; I'm in the early stages of loss and started Finasteride. If it doesn't pan out, I'll see how my hair is in a few years and shave it if it starts looking bad. That's really as far as I'm willing to go because it's really not that important, just a change to get used to—life is full of changes, and living life is about adapting to those changes and moving forward. All the best, and take care, man!

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@WheeljackG1 I would go see someone, a professional who is qualified to handle ideation like you're exhibiting, as they would have the tools to help treat you, and they're quite good. The truth is that no one cares about your hair loss but you. People are so self involved, if you didn't have hair, they wouldn't care. I have several friends who shave their heads and I don't even notice and it certainly didn't change my perception of them when they lost it. Men develop this insecurity because they feel like their hair is tied to their identity. If you've tried treatments and they have failed, just shave your head and start living your life. There are really good treatments available, though, and if you haven't looked into Finasteride or Dutasteride, I'd give them a look if I were you. I understand you may be feeling less than, but the hair doesn't make the man. I've had long hair almost my entire life; I'm in the early stages of loss and started Finasteride. If it doesn't pan out, I'll see how my hair is in a few years and shave it if it starts looking bad. That's really as far as I'm willing to go because it's really not that important, just a change to get used to—life is full of changes, and living life is about adapting to those changes and moving forward. All the best, and take care, man!

You bring up a very good point. Alot of us are so concerned over losing hair and how people will perceive us but yet the reality is people are so self-absorbed and self-centered that they are too preoccupied with their own insecurities. People around you could probably care less whether you're chrome dome bald or as hairy as Cousin Itt.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@WheeljackG1 Stop being a cry baby, get on finasteride and suck it up. You can't complain ' oh woe is me ' without even trying to treat your hair loss... I started balding at 14 and you think you have it rough? Grow up and take the initiative, stop feeling sorry for yourself.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Nothing is worth suicide. Its the cowards way out. There are good things in life no matter how bad your situation just learn to appreciate the little things just being alive to see the sun, or hear the birds. Dont think so negatively, and focus on the good. Life really is all about your attitude and what you choose to think about it
Despite what many on here say hair loss even a Norwood 7 isnt the end of the world. There are far far worse problems to have.
Get professional help and treat your hair loss and just move on. Its not the end of the world

Hairdid

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a few ways to tackle anxiety and depression. Seeing a professional is one and then possibly getting on some kind of medicine. Scour this board for ways to treat your hair loss if only to make yourself feel better and give yourself some hope. But another key treatment to this is to form intimate relationships. Get on a dating site and look for someone who your are attracted to but most importantly has good heart. This answer is embedded in the description of your problem when you mention your mom. You will need someone to lean on in life and finding someone who you can be with for the rest of your life will give something to get up for in the morning. And then there could be the possibility of children as well which would be another thing to live for. People need intimate relationships and they take work to form them. But it is one of the most worthwhile things you will ever do.

Questions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing that could help:

It sounds like you have seborrheic dermatitis with the hair coming out on the back and the scalp smell. I think if you got a topical steroid or some type of medication/shampoo/TREATMENT then you’d have a good donor area. ALSO please keep in mind that you can use facial hair, and arm/chest/leg hair as a donor area if it’s thick enough. It has been done quite a few times before. For me it seems like suicide is inevitable, but this may help you.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@WheeljackG1

Please don't commit suicide.

If you're really feeling bad, take Lexapro or something until you stop feeling like crap.

It's hard. It is. It sucks that you got ear problems.

People would be sad though if you went away.

Sometimes, things really do get better. Remember that.

Bryant12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Laying down with girls ..we are all the same height... don’t do anything crazy... ppl in your life need you... go back to getting those abs, find another passion, hobby. Keep urself always busy n distracted. stay strong dude

Questions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The biggest thing here that I’d like to reiterate is that if you save up enough and have facial hair, chest hair, arm hair, or leg hair, that could be used on your head for a transplant. If you could have that done, it would be stupid to commit suicide before that option is exhausted.

Articom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Theres more to life then hair, shave it and consume less calories too lose weight.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) Its been a real tough couple of years that's for sure. I will definitally try all I can to try and enjoy life.

One thing that could help:

It sounds like you have seborrheic dermatitis with the hair coming out on the back and the scalp smell. I think if you got a topical steroid or some type of medication/shampoo/TREATMENT then you’d have a good donor area. ALSO please keep in mind that you can use facial hair, and arm/chest/leg hair as a donor area if it’s thick enough. It has been done quite a few times before. For me it seems like suicide is inevitable, but this may help you.

Yea, the smell is annoying. I have to change my pillow cases every 4 days or so or they will stink, even though I take pretty good care washing it. Also, I've noticed my hair mainly sheds when my hair is moisturized or oily. If I keep real dry it falls out dramatically less.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
for me finasteride was the best antidepressant

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Height means nothing im 185cm,and my dating Life kinda suffer,but im also a bit antisocial because of hairloss,but its getting better,i focus on school,sport and saving money,for good quality hair transplant.And yes in my area i often seeing short bald/balding guys with decent looking woman.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Suicide is never the hairloss cure. Talk to your mother. She will always be there for you. I used finasteride in 2 months and my hair fall just shockingly stopped. Noticed no growth yet but no more hairfall when I comb and in my pillow. No major side effects too

Questions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) Its been a real tough couple of years that's for sure. I will definitally try all I can to try and enjoy life.

Yea, the smell is annoying. I have to change my pillow cases every 4 days or so or they will stink, even though I take pretty good care washing it. Also, I've noticed my hair mainly sheds when my hair is moisturized or oily. If I keep real dry it falls out dramatically less.

I relate, my seborrheic dermatitis flares up sometimes (and has been really bad the past few weeks) and it hurts to even shampoo. I keep a towel over my pillow when I sleep so I can just wash the towel when I wake up. Before that I was washing my pillow case daily. I’m probably going to need an anti-fungal for it, which hopefully helps. Have you had any treatment for dermatitis?

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I relate, my seborrheic dermatitis flares up sometimes (and has been really bad the past few weeks) and it hurts to even shampoo. I keep a towel over my pillow when I sleep so I can just wash the towel when I wake up. Before that I was washing my pillow case daily. I’m probably going to need an anti-fungal for it, which hopefully helps. Have you had any treatment for dermatitis?

I was prescribed ketoconazole, but it didn't do anything and made my hair shed more. Recently I e just best keeping it straw dry, and that seems to be working a bit

Edit: Honestly man I'm really close to giving up. Nothing can make your hair normal again if it wants to fall out. I cannt beleive how unlucky I've been in my life.

Questions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was prescribed ketoconazole, but it didn't do anything and made my hair shed more. Recently I e just best keeping it straw dry, and that seems to be working a bit

Edit: Honestly man I'm really close to giving up. Nothing can make your hair normal again if it wants to fall out. I can bel I e how unlucky I've been in my life.

I think you’ll need something stronger. If you can get that under control with strong meds, you CAN get a hair transplant. Do you have money to? Would any family members help pay? Any sources of extra money?

I have suicidal thoughts just thinking about how much worse my hair could get if finasteride doesn’t help. The fact that hair transplants exist is the only thing keeping me from ending it since I already have 0 confidence and don’t want to be “that balding guy” or anything like that.

Do you have facial hair or thick hair on your body? As I said before; if your head isn’t a viable option to take hairs from, I’ve seen facial hair used many times.