The Cb (breezula [clascoterone]) Community Thread

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@NotInmywatch

yes water is bad for CB. Same issue with RU.

I only use the 95% ethanol now, don't like the PG greasy feel.

A lot of people have not had results on CB because either they use not enough of it, or the vehicle is not appropriate, the CB is being un-disolved or degraded in it over time. Mostly a combination of those factors is the cause.

I mix my CB with Ethanol just before application, don't want to waste any of it as its expensive

If you look at the studies, the ball park is 150mg to 300mg a day, that is expensive when using the Chinese CB
I’m confused. So are you using 50mg a day or 150-300mg? Several post back you said that 50mg is more than enough for a topical

el_duterino

Reaction score
I’m confused. So are you using 50mg a day or 150-300mg? Several post back you said that 50mg is more than enough for a topical
Depends what you use with CB

The studies were done using CB only, so you would need 150mg to 300mg a day if that's the only drug you use to maintain hair

I do use minoxidil, Stemoxyidine, and supplements in large doses which help grow hair - Biotin 1mg a day, MSM 4 g, plus I keep my hair very short so I can maintain with 50mg of CB . My hair respond very well to minoxidil

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to point out that propylene glycol has low volatiliy, meaning that although is oily, it exposes the scalp for much more time to the agent that ethanol alone. maybe I will try 80:20 or 90:10. I definitively think that PG is useful and should not be avoided.
I feel ethanol has a down side for my application. I use the 1ml dropper with CB + ethanol’s viscosity makes it seep out so easily and so messy hence product waste which gets all over my hair. PG has a better viscosity which this will happen less and less drying on hair/scalp. So your mix probably be a good thing. I might pick up PG and possibly another manufacturer/vendor for CB.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
100D97EC-622F-423A-B7DC-68CCC0A76573.jpeg

Angry Elf

My Regimen
Reaction score
My experience with Garnier Stemox vehicle. At first I would dissolve it (or at least I thought it was fully dissolved) and I would put it in the fridge and make a batch for the week. After a day or so I would see crystals on the bottom form? I can only assume this was from the water in it. This was with either source Wuhan or Kane + Stemox

However, I figured out what was going on. I believe it wasn't quite fully dissolving if I held it up to the light I would still see the larger particles didn't fully dissolve. So, what I do now is I put it in the same solution of Stemox + CB but I vigorously shake it for about 2 to 3 minutes and it fully dissolves then I put it in the fridge. Never forms crystals anymore and works fine putting it in the fridge for use.

The sweet spot for a faster dissolve might be half Garnier half alcohol for a quicker dissolve if you are impatient.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My experience with Garnier Stemox vehicle. At first I would dissolve it (or at least I thought it was fully dissolved) and I would put it in the fridge and make a batch for the week. After a day or so I would see crystals on the bottom form? I can only assume this was from the water in it. This was with either source Wuhan or Kane + Stemox

However, I figured out what was going on. I believe it wasn't quite fully dissolving if I held it up to the light I would still see the larger particles didn't fully dissolve. So, what I do now is I put it in the same solution of Stemox + CB but I vigorously shake it for about 2 to 3 minutes and it fully dissolves then I put it in the fridge. Never forms crystals anymore and works fine putting it in the fridge for use.

The sweet spot for a faster dissolve might be half Garnier half alcohol for a quicker dissolve if you are impatient.
Never tried Garnier's. I used "L'Oreal Professional Serioxyl Denser Hair Treatment" which has Stemox and it seemed to dissolve CB just fine though I had to use my 1ml dropper to suction and eject the solution several times to help it dissolve and applied it right away and I only mix for one application but I wasn't seeing results why I changed my vehicle to Everclear and in future, I might be incorporating PG along with getting CB from a different supplier.

Angry Elf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never tried Garnier's. I used "L'Oreal Professional Serioxyl Denser Hair Treatment" which has Stemox and it seemed to dissolve CB just fine though I had to use my 1ml dropper to suction and eject the solution several times to help it dissolve and applied it right away and I only mix for one application but I wasn't seeing results why I changed my vehicle to Everclear and in future, I might be incorporating PG along with getting CB from a different supplier.

Interesting did you find you got better or different results with everclear?

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting did you find you got better or different results with everclear?
I only done it twice so too early to tell. Everclear's viscosity isn't great with my 1ml dropper...it just seeps out and a bit wasteful so I don't recommend it unless you have short buzzed hair. My hair is shaggy/lengthy which isn't ideal.

SomeoneHasToSayIt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still not sure whether CB is side-effect free due to it not crossing the brain barrier or because it gets converted into something benign once it enters the bloodstream. Obviously if it's the blood barrier angle, then needling would likely obviate it having a side-effect profile anymore, so would likely not be worthwhile. I haven't been bothered to look into as there hasn't really been any need for me personally and have been focussing on other stuff instead.

Sorry. Can't really help you further on it at this point.

I'm guessing there's no publicly available research on this? Google returned only speculation from hairloss sufferers...

I did see plenty of academic papers describing the characteristics of molecules that tend to cross the BBB, so I'll have to try to make sense of those at some point.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Depends what you use with CB

The studies were done using CB only, so you would need 150mg to 300mg a day if that's the only drug you use to maintain hair

I do use minoxidil, Stemoxyidine, and supplements in large doses which help grow hair - Biotin 1mg a day, MSM 4 g, plus I keep my hair very short so I can maintain with 50mg of CB . My hair respond very well to minoxidil

Guys - I forgot to mention the Number One factor which influences how much CB is needed to maintain hair : scalp porosity. This may sound obvious, since the drug needs to pass the very tight top layer of the skin to be effective, and this layer is designed to protect from tiny viruses.

What not many people realize, is that you can greatly improve porosity by disrupting the skin structure with the regular use of ethanolic topicals.

Even drinking ethanol can affect the skin barrier

https://academic.oup.com/toxsci/article/92/2/349/1698408

When I started RU, I used 200mg a day for a few months and had barely any noticeable side effects. Then I added minoxidil, Neogenic, etc.. and continued using the RU in ethanol over time and I believe this made my scalp more porous in the process, in such a way that even 20mg of RU gave me noticeable side effects in the shape of bad erection issues. ..

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemoxy has water in it, and it's never been validated showing any improvement for hair loss.

I don't understand why people are using it. You want 100% ethanol. The more water the less stable and less penetration the treatment will have.

Castor oil on the other hand is a fat and has some theoretical benefits.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemoxy has water in it, and it's never been validated showing any improvement for hair loss.

I don't understand why people are using it. You want 100% ethanol. The more water the less stable and less penetration the treatment will have.

Castor oil on the other hand is a fat and has some theoretical benefits.

I agree that the main vehicle ingredient should be alcohol and no water at all.
However we know how fast ethanol evaporates so a less volatile compound like PG should be included in order to maximize absorption time/exposure.

7.5% once a day is very similar to 2.5% twice a day, which could mean that the half-life in scalp is very short, maybe that's the reason this stuff is weak.

Imagendd1.png

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that the main vehicle ingredient should be alcohol and no water at all.
However we know how fast ethanol evaporates so a less volatile compound like PG should be included in order to maximize absorption time/exposure.

7.5% once a day is very similar to 2.5% twice a day, which could mean that the half-life in scalp is very short, maybe that's the reason this stuff is weak.
That's old news. PG/Ethanol/Transcutol in equal thirds is the exact vehicle they used.

I'm commenting on people using stemoxy.

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i used eth/pg/trancutol about a year and eth/pg (70/30) about 6 years. next to this i tested l’oreal stemox, adenosine and CL of the privat forum. overall eth/pg perfomed best. recom strongly eth/pg. use pharma grade alcohol. ask your pharmacy

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay update guys. I thought it was my vehicle why I switched it. I was hoping to get like OP...instantly less shedding but instead CB has increased my shedding. I was improving back to NW1 and decided to up my game with CB and now it seems I'm heading back to NW2. I will be stopping use.

Also, the supplier on Alibaba is questionable along with the CB itself. Even though the supplier provided me a HPLC which looks fine but doesn't mean much when things can be easily forged. Also, the two COA(s) I got from them were for either the wrong material or batch number/expiration date don't match which I did dispute/escalated through Alibaba's refund method. Alibaba already siding with the supplier that they provided me the correct COA even though I uploaded evidence/pictures of the discrepancies of the COA and material's label I received.

My transparencies here might help you guys. :) Cheers!

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay update guys. I thought it was my vehicle why I switched it. I was hoping to get like OP...instantly less shedding but instead CB has increased my shedding. I was improving back to NW1 and decided to up my game with CB and now it seems I'm heading back to NW2. I will be stopping use.

Also, the supplier on Alibaba is questionable along with the CB itself. Even though the supplier provided me a HPLC which looks fine but doesn't mean much when things can be easily forged. Also, the two COA(s) I got from them were for either the wrong material or batch number/expiration date don't match which I did dispute/escalated through Alibaba's refund method. Alibaba already siding with the supplier that they provided me the correct COA even though I uploaded evidence/pictures of the discrepancies of the COA and material's label I received.

What a f*****g clown you are

You threw a b**ch fit in this very thread a week ago because me and another user insinuated that this CB may not be as legit as you guys think....

1 week later here we are:

"Also, the supplier on Alibaba is questionable along with the CB itself. Even though the supplier provided me a HPLC which looks fine but doesn't mean much when things can be easily forged"

Clown *** baldie

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

dude start finasteride oral asap
the same thing has happened to me
CB was like doing nothing at all and my status has been continually deteriorating
I'm 18 days on propecia and the shedding has finally stopped thank god
I had been on CB for 4.5 months
so, I think, despite being extremely weak, CB can accelerate finasteride response and also being a reinforcer
but in NO CASE AT ALL being a replacement for finasteride.
be warned !!

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude start finasteride oral asap
the same thing has happened to me
CB was like doing nothing at all and my status has been continually deteriorating
I'm 18 days on propecia and the shedding has finally stopped thank god
I had been on CB for 4.5 months
so, I think, despite being extremely weak, CB can accelerate finasteride response and also being a reinforcer
but in NO CASE AT ALL being a replacement for finasteride.
be warned !!
I already tried oral finasteride for over 1.5 years it the biggest regret to hairloss recovery journey for me. I had great coverage with help of minoxidil but when I got oral finasteride it caused me Telogen Effluvium or upregulation RA and lost over 60% density. FU to finasteride. Don’t come for me you finasteride nazis out there. I know it works for others but not all!