that feeling

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I have no problem with a hairpiece. If I were to go to a place where nowhere knows me, I would totally wear a wig.
I have even posted my daydreams here of having two apartments, one in a place where noone knows me, and where I wear a wig, and where I go on the weekends.

You have no problem with wearing a hair piece yet have to go to a place where nobody knows you to wear one? If you had no problem with it you'd wear it in "daily life" where everyone knows you.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
If you had no problem with it you'd wear it in "daily life" where everyone knows you.
While I don't have a problem with wigs, and don't give a rats butt what people I know think of wigs, these people do control resources (money primarily) that I need.

This is why I said, if I were only to be around people who did not control the resources I need, I would wear a wig.

The shave your head thing was in a similar context.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
The shave your head thing was in a similar context.

Shaving your head as a woman is much more drastic than wearing a wig for a man, because a man can always remove the wig if they don't like it and continue as before. If a woman shaves her head like you suggest there is no going back, and is going to take forever growing back, and when you have Androgenetic Alopecia we all know it doesn't grow back like we want it to. So it's not just about shaving and "see how you like it", it's a very final decision. And like fena says, a shaved woman will be looked at as a freak.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
All I know is that I can't and won't wear a wig, thought about it, but nope. I live in a very small community where everybody knows each other. If I were to wear a wig, it would spread like a wildfire. It would be posted on facebook, talked about in the little coffeehouses. Believe me, here, it would be THE news of the day.
And if I'm forced to wear a wig, I would research for places far far away from everyone. Sadly all this crap what's going on with me is turning me from a social butterfly into a reclusive freak. If a fortune teller would have told me years ago this would be happening , I would think she was crazy. Never knew back then , women could also lose their hair permanently.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see what's the point of your argument Captain and Locks.

I will resolve it for you: none of you will ever wear a wig.

Because as all hair loss sufferers who consider wigs, yet don't really know what they're talking about, you will never go through with it.

Wigs are never viable solutions for hair loss, be it for men or women.

Therefore it is utterly pointless to even discuss about wigs.

Stop talking about wigs on these forums, we know the truth about them, they're not a solution.

There is almost no online data to prove that wigs can benefit any hair loss sufferer.

agreed, wigs or for people who lost their hair from cancer (although even people with cancer hate them) or people who just like it to dress up and look different for a day. But wigs are not a solution for people with permanent hair loss, I know a wig won't heal my wounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, a shaved woman might be looked upon as an inspirational model.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...pecia-refused-wear-wig-accept-gold-medal.html

In her case, I'd rather be bald then wear those wigs, you just can see they're fake. Makes me cry everytime I see somebody with a wig.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I don't see what's the point of your argument Captain and Locks.

I will resolve it for you: none of you will ever wear a wig.

Because as all hair loss sufferers who consider wigs, yet don't really know what they're talking about, you will never go through with it.

How do you know I will never wear a wig? I can't speak for captain, but as a woman losing my hair I won't have much choice but to wear a wig in the end. What are my options? Shave my head like captain says, and be an "inspirational model"? Or walk around looking like gollum with a few pathetic strands hanging from my head? No thank you. I will be forced to wear a wig and quite frankly it will be sooner rather than later. I'm already researching hair systems and have had an appointment at a hair replacement clinic for their evaluation of my hair. This month I have a new appointment so I'm going through with this. No I don't like the thought of wearing a wig but like I said do I have a choice? Not the way I see it.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you know I will never wear a wig? I can't speak for captain, but as a woman losing my hair I won't have much choice but to wear a wig in the end. What are my options? Shave my head like captain says, and be an "inspirational model"? Or walk around looking like gollum with a few pathetic strands hanging from my head? No thank you. I will be forced to wear a wig and quite frankly it will be sooner rather than later. I'm already researching hair systems and have had an appointment at a hair replacement clinic for their evaluation of my hair. This month I have a new appointment so I'm going through with this. No I don't like the thought of wearing a wig but like I said do I have a choice? Not the way I see it.

plz let me know how it went.
If there are hair systems out there that look close to real hair (and not like the one the inspirational model is wearing) I might consider wearing one too. Don't mind how much it costs.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
In her case, I'd rather be bald then wear those wigs, you just can see they're fake. Makes me cry everytime I see somebody with a wig.

I think she looks a lot better with the wig than without it though... All creds to her for daring to look like a freak but it's not for me. I just hope I can find a hair system that looks more natural than that. I also hate how most wigs look unnatural and fake. But the way I see it being bald openly is not for me, although I hate wigs and the word wig makes me want to puke quite frankly.

- - - Updated - - -

plz let me know how it went.
If there are hair systems out there that look close to real hair (and not like the one the inspirational model is wearing) I might consider wearing one too. Don't mind how much it costs.

I will let you know :) My first fear is #1 is the system going to stay put without slipping off my head? I have an oily scalp so I'm really concerned the bond won't last the 4-6 weeks it's supposed to. Then my #2 fear is, will it look natural? I'm having an appointment like I said this month to talk to a woman who wears a system for her advice and for me to see it, so we'll see how it goes. Like you Im willing to pay for a solution as long as it's a decent one.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I think she looks a lot better with the wig than without it though... All creds to her for daring to look like a freak but it's not for me. I just hope I can find a hair system that looks more natural than that. I also hate how most wigs look unnatural and fake. But the way I see it being bald openly is not for me, although I hate wigs and the word wig makes me want to puke quite frankly.

Always thought wigs were for old ladies. I wouldn't go bald either, I don't have the right shaped head for it. If you come across wigs that look natural , let me know. I'm looking around too, not that easy though.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
and that I have to work sooo much harder to get a guy now, and even if I do I'll just end up worrying about him leaving me for a cute nw1 woman.

Just be happy you didn't make any big mistakes like kids with multiple guys. You would have been finished. It will be more difficult to meet a guy especially when you are younger, but like many women tell guys around here it will get easier as you get older. I am not saying that all men will be fine with you not having hair, but I think for the most part if you looked good in a wig, most guys will deal with it.

Most women young or old will not deal with a hair piece on a guy.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
What kind of hair loss do you have fena? Androgenetic Alopecia?

Androgenetic Alopecia, diffuse one. I think mine started when I was in my twenties, because when I look back at pictures I can see the thickness of my hair going downhill, never really paid attention to it since I never heard such thing as Androgenetic Alopecia in women (not knowing is a bless). Just last year I started noticing my nape area was less covered, noticed receding hairline, also noticed my scalp is really visible especially in sunlight (not long to go before I actually can count my hair). But yours started late teens didn't it, maybe yours will take years before you get to where I am.

have you been diagnosed already with Androgenetic Alopecia? I haven't , but seeing all that miniaturization popping up, doesn't comfort me.
My friend went to her hairdresser, who apperently knows a lot about hair. He claimed that there's no such thing as Androgenetic Alopecia in women, so it must be stress related (which I've had and still have) or something else. Oh and only men can pass it on to men, women cannot pass on Androgenetic Alopecia. It's so confusing and frustrating the not knowing for sure. I wish there was a device you can hold on your head for a minute and it tells you: you have Androgenetic Alopecia or Telogen Effluvium, or whatever.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think in public most people won't notice you are wearing one. I mean like most people don't even know that women can lose their hair... Then again I can be wrong.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I think in public most people won't notice you are wearing one. I mean like most people don't even know that women can lose their hair... Then again I can be wrong.

Thats true, when I first told my parents I was losing my hair , just like guys do but then diffuse thinning, my dad's face just melted away. He said: I thought you were smart , but what are you saying now, I've never seen a woman with a bald head.
Most people don't know. Even my best friend looks at me like I've lost it.
So yeah, maybe you're right, maybe most people won't notice it. I think we would notice it, because we have it.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia, diffuse one. I think mine started when I was in my twenties, because when I look back at pictures I can see the thickness of my hair going downhill, never really paid attention to it since I never heard such thing as Androgenetic Alopecia in women (not knowing is a bless). Just last year I started noticing my nape area was less covered, noticed receding hairline, also noticed my scalp is really visible especially in sunlight (not long to go before I actually can count my hair). But yours started late teens didn't it, maybe yours will take years before you get to where I am.

have you been diagnosed already with Androgenetic Alopecia? I haven't , but seeing all that miniaturization popping up, doesn't comfort me.
My friend went to her hairdresser, who apperently knows a lot about hair. He claimed that there's no such thing as Androgenetic Alopecia in women, so it must be stress related (which I've had and still have) or something else. Oh and only men can pass it on to men, women cannot pass on Androgenetic Alopecia. It's so confusing and frustrating the not knowing for sure. I wish there was a device you can hold on your head for a minute and it tells you: you have Androgenetic Alopecia or Telogen Effluvium, or whatever.

I haven't had anyone diagnose me but I'm 100% sure I have Androgenetic Alopecia because of the miniaturization and pattern. Mine started right after my 20's birthday so I was barely out of my teens... It has been a fast process for me, going from a lions mane to very thin hair in like 2 years so I don't think it will take years before it's so thin that I have to wear hair.

I think the hair dresser is wrong about Androgenetic Alopecia not existing in women. Hair loss can be stress related but that's mostly shedding I think, not the miniaturization of the follicle that you see in Androgenetic Alopecia. And I remember reading somewhere that a woman has to have two affected genes from both parents to inherit Androgenetic Alopecia. So in theory it would be possible for a woman to pass on Androgenetic Alopecia.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I haven't had anyone diagnose me but I'm 100% sure I have Androgenetic Alopecia because of the miniaturization and pattern. Mine started right after my 20's birthday so I was barely out of my teens... It has been a fast process for me, going from a lions mane to very thin hair in like 2 years so I don't think it will take years before it's so thin that I have to wear hair.

I think the hair dresser is wrong about Androgenetic Alopecia not existing in women. Hair loss can be stress related but that's mostly shedding I think, not the miniaturization of the follicle that you see in Androgenetic Alopecia. And I remember reading somewhere that a woman has to have two affected genes from both parents to inherit Androgenetic Alopecia. So in theory it would be possible for a woman to pass on Androgenetic Alopecia.

Those are the moments you ask yourself, where did my luck go?

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I

That is really young and fast. Something like that should not be allowed to happen under age 40 no let's say 50 , not to men or women.
just not right.

i know the hairdresser is wrong, but like I said my family and friends think I'm crazy for thinking Androgenetic Alopecia in women exist, so therefore they believe him.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are the moments you ask yourself, where did my luck go?

Yep, and then you read these stories about models who hit the genetic jackpot, what did I hit the genetic pee pot.

worse is , you think you hit the genetic jackpot when you're young and then you pass your twenties and hup, it gets taken away.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I

That is really young and fast. Something like that should not be allowed to happen under age 40 no let's say 50 , not to men or women.
just not right.

i know the hairdresser is wrong, but like I said my family and friends think I'm crazy for thinking Androgenetic Alopecia in women exist, so therefore they believe him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, and then you read these stories about models who hit the genetic jackpot, what did I hit the genetic pee pot.

worse is , you think you hit the genetic jackpot when you're young and then you pass your twenties and hup, it gets taken away.

Scumbag genes be like:"Ow? You think you hit the genetic jackpot? Well let me give you hair loss when you are just 15 and before that another little surprise."

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I was officially diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia. Of course Androgenetic Alopecia happens to women, but rarely do they go totally bald. We can either walk around with our sad, pathetic scalps showing when it gets really bad or wear a wig or topper. Whenever I see women with really thin, disgusting hair, (like every day) seriously, I have a panic attack. That's gonna be me real soon. I'd rather wear a wig than look like them. Then, to calm myself down, I say to myself, "Well, maybe they didn't try anything to stop their hair loss," or "maybe they have a thyroid condition." I feel like going up to them and asking them that, but, of course, that would be rude and weird. Face it: Our hair's not coming back. Ever. All we can do is try to look presentable every day with whatever hair we have now and enjoy our femininity while it lasts. I'm never, ever going to get over this. Period. This is destroying me. I hate getting old too.
Funny, I was just thinking that today, maybe they have thyroid disease or didn't use any treatments. Just that little positive voice ( which used to be loud now it's almost gone) that still tries to prevent you from going into shock !

- - - Updated - - -

Scumbag genes be like:"Ow? You think you hit the genetic jackpot? Well let me give you hair loss when you are just 15 and before that another little surprise."

wish we were in the days of genetic engineering.