that feeling

shookwun

Reaction score
Most men, and women are out of shape to begin with. This mean's absolutely nothing, if anything feeds off one another and makes it more acceptable.

I actually prefer my women on the thicker side with some safety chub, it's highly feminine, and the bigger tits are a bonus.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
That's just an excuse some of them use. If you don't eat like a truck driver, you should look like you did before you were pregnant. The only thing that might not return to normal, even without gaining a ton of weight, is your midsection. Once the skin there stretches too much, a TT is your only option, no matter how many crunches you do every day. Fat everywhere else has nothing to do with the pregnancy, just gluttony.

Yeah I guess you are right...

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I bounced back really quickly after both pregnancies. After the first pregnancy I was skinnier then before I was pregnant. Any body can do it, you just have to be hard on yourself, work out and watch wath you eat. But I had to deal with the hair loss. I know I'd rather be really fat and not have the hair loss, because I could do something about it. My friend complains about how big she is (she had a baby 1 year after me) but she has nice skin, beautiful hair... Then I think by myself, if only that was my only worry. Having something that you can't fix no matter what you do sucks.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Having something that you can't fix no matter what you do sucks.

That is what sucks the most about Androgenetic Alopecia. If there was a solution to this there is no amount of work I wouldn't put in, or price I wouldn't pay, to have it fixed. But there simply isn't (and no, a wig is not a solution, merely a cover-up).

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the nice words 2 bald2 young. I hope he will not leave me over this, I've always thought we would grow old together as a happy family.
and I hope you will meet a nice girl , you're very nice guy, you deserve it. Not many guys like you out there who care about other people's feelings, sadly.

I am sure you two will grow old happily together, after all he is still with you.

I bounced back really quickly after both pregnancies. After the first pregnancy I was skinnier then before I was pregnant. Any body can do it, you just have to be hard on yourself, work out and watch wath you eat. But I had to deal with the hair loss. I know I'd rather be really fat and not have the hair loss, because I could do something about it. My friend complains about how big she is (she had a baby 1 year after me) but she has nice skin, beautiful hair... Then I think by myself, if only that was my only worry. Having something that you can't fix no matter what you do sucks.

Agreed, with the current treatments you can never truly "fix" hair loss. The best you can do is to try to postpone it or get a hair transplant. Having to see how you are powerless against a disease that f*** ups your life is just mental torture.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I am sure you two will grow old happily together, after all he is still with you.

I have to get mentally stronger and not worry so much about what's going on with me for that to happen, it's going to take time. Dont know if he can stick around that long, the vows say till death to us part, and not till sickness, but not a easy thing to do because he's still young and healthy. It's though for any guy, I think.

Agreed, with the current treatments you can never truly "fix" hair loss. The best you can do is to try to postpone it or get a hair transplant. Having to see how you are powerless against a disease that f*** ups your life is just mental torture.

Trying to hold on to the hair I still have , an hair transplant is impossible, I'm a diffuse thinner.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Trying to hold on to the hair I still have , an hair transplant is impossible, I'm a diffuse thinner.

Easier said than done to just worry less and get mentally stronger, but it is not impossible. Does he ever said that it would bother him if your wear a wig?

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Easier said than done to just worry less and get mentally stronger, but it is not impossible. Does he ever said that it would bother him if your wear a wig?

No, he never did. But it would bother me. I just know if I wear one, people are going to stare. It's like when you didn't wipe your face after eating and you have food hanging on to your face. People will stare and try to figure out what the heck is hanging on you face. But a wig is 10 times worse.
plus the fact I have to take it of at night and be confronted with what is underneath, or better said what's not underneath.
compare it with dentures.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, he never did. But it would bother me. I just know if I wear one, people are going to stare. It's like when you didn't wipe your face after eating and you have food hanging on to your face. People will stare and try to figure out what the heck is hanging on you face. But a wig is 10 times worse.
plus the fact I have to take it of at night and be confronted with what is underneath, or better said what's not underneath.
compare it with dentures.

I know, I know. I just wanted to know because if he did mind it would make things much worse.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I just know if I wear one, people are going to stare..
A lot of your fear is of the unknown. What you should do is take a few weeks off and go to a place where noone know you, and shave your head. Go outside and see how it feels like for a few days.
Then put on a wig and see how it feels like.

And then let it grow back, and when you come back to home, you can invent some story on why you had to cut your hair so short.

If it's a decent wig, I doubt anyone would notice, except women like us who are going through hair loss and scrutinizing other women's hair.

Well said. Guys don't scrutinize hair.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
A lot of your fear is of the unknown. What you should do is take a few weeks off and go to a place where noone know you, and shave your head. Go outside and see how it feels like for a few days.
Then put on a wig and see how it feels like.

And then let it grow back, and when you come back to home, you can invent some story on why you had to cut your hair so short.

Shave her head? What terrible advice. People WILL stare, and for all the wrong reasons. Please do not shave your head.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Shave her head? What terrible advice. People WILL stare, and for all the wrong reasons. Please do not shave your head.

my mums sister jokingly told her to 'shave her head' when they were both in vietnam visiting their sisters and brothers because my mum has diffuse thinning. My mum hasn't talked to her sister for 3 years now and we live 2 minutes down the road from them

edit: telling a woman to shave her head is like the biggest insult you can tell a woman. Hair is everything to a woman (100000000x more so than men and look at the amount of guys are on this forum whinging and complaining about their hairloss). So telling a woman to shave her head is a no go..

EvilLocks

Reaction score
my mums sister jokingly told her to 'shave her head' when they were both in vietnam visiting their sisters and brothers because my mum has diffuse thinning. My mum hasn't talked to her sister for 3 years now and we live 2 minutes down the road from them

edit: telling a woman to shave her head is like the biggest insult you can tell a woman. Hair is everything to a woman (100000000x more so than men and look at the amount of guys are on this forum whinging and complaining about their hairloss). So telling a woman to shave her head is a no go..

I agree hair is everything to a woman.. So losing it = losing everything. My girlfriends almost cry if the hair dresser cuts their hair like 2 cm too short, that's how much hair means to a woman. Without hair you totally lose your femininity and it hurts your looks sooo much.

I don't think Captain forehead understands how it's like to be a woman because he gives terrible advice. I don't understand his obsession with women and wigs, but I guess that is just how he thinks. He is of course entitled to his opinion as am I to mine. But telling a woman to shave her head is way out there...

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Women on the other hand, again if they are decent looking, can just exist and cruise through life. And nothing bad will ever happen to them.

Of course by what you're saying, you can't be considered decent anymore. Well, welcome to our world.

This is simply not true. Although being a young, attractive female surely makes things easier, bad things can still happen. We aren't immune to bad things just because we are female.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I meant as ending up living on the streets.

I guess you are right. In my previous life (pre-baldness) I was a young, attractive female and although I had my fair share of bad stuff happen do me, the dating life was pretty easy. I didn't have to do anything to have guys come up to me, buy me drinks etc, it would just happen - and I loved it. I guess it hurts so much because I know that will never happen now, and that I have to work sooo much harder to get a guy now, and even if I do I'll just end up worrying about him leaving me for a cute nw1 woman. Meanwhile as I will get older I'll have even more to worry about. Being a balding single girl is an actual disaster.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I agree hair is everything to a woman.. So losing it = losing everything. My girlfriends almost cry if the hair dresser cuts their hair like 2 cm too short, that's how much hair means to a woman. Without hair you totally lose your femininity and it hurts your looks sooo much.

I don't think Captain forehead understands how it's like to be a woman because he gives terrible advice. I don't understand his obsession with women and wigs, but I guess that is just how he thinks. He is of course entitled to his opinion as am I to mine. But telling a woman to shave her head is way out there...

Shaving your head ONCE in an area where noone knows you. To see what it's like.
If you are unable to do that, you are weak.

EvilLocks

Reaction score

Weak? Because you don't wanna go around looking like a freakshow? Give me a break. It's not like the hair magically grows back once you shave either. I guess I can say to you, that you are weak for being unable to accept a hair piece right? A shaved woman is as socially unacceptable as a man with a piece, if not more.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
We can't really understand what it's like to be a woman, and you can't understand what it's like to be a man either.

The way I see it: Women, as long as they are at least decent looking, have life not on easy mode, but on god mode with all the tutorials, all the cheats and infinite lives.

That's between the age of 15 and 35 for women, after that they slowly get a life on the same level of difficulty as men.

Men on the other hand, well, let's say we live life on normal to hard mode if we look decent.

Add baldness, shortness or any other defect women don't have on their list, and you get to very hard mode.

Men are expected to be active, to be confident, to be successful.

Women on the other hand, again if they are decent looking, can just exist and cruise through life. And nothing bad will ever happen to them.

Of course by what you're saying, you can't be considered decent anymore. Well, welcome to our world.

why is that? Because if a girl is goodlooking, most guys will do anything for them, sadly. They get hired for a job easier, they get promoted faster... They just have to use their pretty face. But it's mostly the guys fault, they're the ones letting them get away with it, they put those girls on a pedestal. Its really sad girls get judged by their looks , and not by their smarts. That's just the way society works.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score

I think Britney Spears did that once, she was in all the tabloids , they called her a freak for shaving her hair off. Everybody thought she had a nervous break down because of it. Sorry I don't want to be looked at like a freak, or somebody who had a nervous breakdown, although I'm close to having one.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I guess I can say to you, that you are weak for being unable to accept a hair piece right?

I have no problem with a hairpiece. If I were to go to a place where nowbody knows me, I would totally wear a wig.
I have even posted my daydreams here of having two apartments, one in a place where noone knows me, and where I wear a wig, and where I go on the weekends.