Taking the plunge. Advice appreciated - Oral minoxidil

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
spring there is a final cycle of hair that normally falls out during the next three months. I think it is normal in a few weeks it should be normalized

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me. There's very little that is urgent in HRT regrowth land.... Sleep rocks.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For what it's worth though I used extreme amounts for the better part of a year. It seems to punch up hair growth without my being able to define what that means very well. All of my leg hair grew much faster but I saw no differences where girls don't have hair as I am basically hairless except for my substantial beard. Oral min substantially re-invigorated my beard and I probably needed six electrocutions and four laser removals to get back to only needing to shave, ahem, once a week. Because oral min can especially regrow white and gray beard hairs, it is a nightmare for older people like me as the white and gray ones are far harder to remove permanently. On the plus side, that was the only little bit of gray anywhere on me and now, kaput.

I have so much stuff going on that it's hard for me to know. Derma-rolling might be what's mainly growing my hair back but I do believe a year long cycle of oral min is likely to be valuable for all masculine XY's and probably for us androgynes as well. Hecate's blessings.

Last edited:

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
For what it's worth though I used extreme amounts for the better part of a year. It seems to punch up hair growth without my being able to define what that means very well. All of my leg hair grew much faster but I saw no differences where girls don't have hair as I am basically hairless except for my substantial beard. Oral min substantially re-invigorated my beard and I probably needed six electrocutions and four laser removals to get back to only needing to shave, ahem, once a week. Because oral min can especially regrow white and gray beard hairs, it is a nightmare for older people like me as the white and gray ones are far harder to remove permanently.

I have so much stuff going on that it's hard for me to know. Derma-rolling might be what's mainly growing my hair back but I do believe a year long cycle of oral min is likely to be valuable for all masculine XY's and probably for us androgynes as well. Hecate's blessings.
same here... it doesnt regrow as much as i hoped, though, but it is working...

derma rolling did nothing for me... stopped that after a year, without topical minoxidil, you dont need that anyway...

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
same here... it doesnt regrow as much as i hoped, though, but it is working...

derma rolling did nothing for me... stopped that after a year, without topical minoxidil, you dont need that anyway...
All that I can respond is thirty months. Who knows what might be accomplished via two and a half years of weekly micro needling but I do agree that in the short term, it seems to be a bit all over the place regrowth-wise but for diffuse thinning and transplant scars it is the gold standard when before all we had was the "no standard" of treatments. If micro needling is indeed shown to be able to re-generate follicle-bearing tissue then wouldn't that change just about everything?

Last edited:

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It helps create new blood vessels through wound healing, wonder if follicles never really die and they just need that extra blood supply? Could be the reason vasodilators tend to be the *thing* for regrowth
From what I understand minoxidil is the only vasodilator that does this so better blood supply probably isn't the answer.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I understand minoxidil is the only vasodilator that does this so better blood supply probably isn't the answer.
Try micro needling. Using an AA without E2 indicates that you are not averse to risk but I mean, E2 drives everything regardless of AA. But at the same time, I am convinced that a person has to actually become chemically female before hair grows back but *** and tits and hips all get fat like immediately. Face and hair just do nothing for a really long time and then you realize it is year eight and everyone else gave up long ago or whatever but Bica used to look like a game changer regrowth wise but it's not. Some chicks struggle to hit 200pg/ml so usage of an AA can then make the difference perhaps.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Frustrating my shedding has gone back to how it was prior to oral minoxidil. Two months I had minimal shedding, the last month hair falling out everywhere. I did change my kirkland bottle, I have heard some are counterfeit minoxidil. I might buy Rogaine liquid and drink that instead

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Frustrating my shedding has gone back to how it was prior to oral minoxidil. Two months I had minimal shedding, the last month hair falling out everywhere. I did change my kirkland bottle, I have heard some are counterfeit minoxidil. I might buy Rogaine liquid and drink that instead
or buy where you can be sure its not counterfeit...

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
or buy where you can be sure its not counterfeit...

Any suggestions where? I buy off ebay. From the chemist here it's literally $320 for a 3 month supply of Rogaine. It's a farce

edit: I'm an idiot 3 month supply orally will last like 3 years or more. I'll buy from the chemist

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any suggestions where? I buy off ebay. From the chemist here it's literally $320 for a 3 month supply of Rogaine. It's a farce

edit: I'm an idiot 3 month supply orally will last like 3 years or more. I'll buy from the chemist
no idea, man...
i honestly bought from the most popular online pharmacy here...

but yeah, just saw your edit, buy from
the chemist...

the shedding isnt really predictable anyway...
i changed from kirkland to a different brand and didnt do anything... didnt get worse, but also no gains...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score

did you try oral, though?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi sorry to hijack the thread but i'm intening to try the sublingual road aswell and wa wonering if it's a ossibility to let a loniten capule dissolve under the tongue to repliate that road? a guy on redit told me that the way capsule are oated would prevent the absorbtion that way is that true? thanks

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same dude. Shedding very little for a couple months, then slowly came back. I realized I had PRP around the same time I started oral minoxidil, so I wondered if it was from that. So I got PRP 2 weeks ago to hopefully see if the shed goes away again. We'll see!

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my experience ...5 drops oral min start without shedding, week 4 to week 8 massive shedding, week 9 to 10 reduction, since week 11 there is no shedding, I'm in the month 4

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my experience ...5 drops oral min start without shedding, week 4 to week 8 massive shedding, week 9 to 10 reduction, since week 11 there is no shedding, I'm in the month 4
it represents which quantity in mg ?

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@spring15 where are you from ?
which quantity in mg do you use everyday ? which frequence per day ?
why you don't take oral minoxidil in tablet ?