Taking 10mg oral minoxidil for 30 day with No Result. I'm starting to panic

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
doesnt make a difference... i only split because the tablets come in 5mg...
fairly sure it makes a difference in min concentration, 2.5mg has like 40x less blood plasama conc than 5mg, so taking 10mg in one go would spike it dramatically

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
fairly sure it makes a difference in min concentration, 2.5mg has like 40x less blood plasama conc than 5mg, so taking 10mg in one go would spike it dramatically
yeah tell me again with results...

i dont doubt you, i also know its most likely case by case, but i never heard of any significant increase when doing 10 instead of 5, personal experience so far: does the same...

also topical usually doesnt do that much more at higher dosages...
if i remember it right it was actually the same at 15% (i dont remember where i read it)...

of course if i notice some good increase, im going to report here, too...

georgman

My Regimen
Reaction score
so for side effects it's better to have a lower plasma concentration right? But wouldn't a higher plasma concentration be better for effect?

Ljpviper

Reaction score
I just started taking 5mg, got a nasty rash on my face. Hopefully it’s just my body getting use to it. I think I will take EOD tomorrow. Took it this am and hour later rash developed on my face. It seems to be a common side effect.

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started taking 5mg, got a nasty rash on my face. Hopefully it’s just my body getting use to it. I think I will take EOD tomorrow. Took it this am and hour later rash developed on my face. It seems to be a common side effect.
you are allergic to minoxidil, I would stop it asap.

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, oral minoxidil does nothing for me in doses of 5 mg to 10 mg. I got legit pills from the pharmacy so I know there is nothing wrong with the drug.
I have no idea why it didn't work well since my hair grows all over my body just by using topical minoxidil once a day. 5 months of losing everything I had previously gained with topical was enough to stop it. After restarting the topical, I got everything back in the same time frame as using the oral.
2.5ml of quick drying liquid topical minoxidil once a day>everything I've ever tried.

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, oral minoxidil does nothing for me in doses of 5 mg to 10 mg. I got legit pills from the pharmacy so I know there is nothing wrong with the drug.
I have no idea why it didn't work well since my hair grows all over my body just by using topical minoxidil once a day. 5 months of losing everything I had previously gained with topical was enough to stop it. After restarting the topical, I got everything back in the same time frame as using the oral.
2.5ml of quick drying liquid topical minoxidil once a day>everything I've ever tried.
Hey, maybe you shouldn't of cut it cold turkey then, you could of just kept applying the topical while talking the oral.

How long did you try the oral version, theres honestly no reason for it not to work it's the same principle, I am currently on topical for 2 years, added in oral rn, and I am geting body hair growth aswell as my scalp hair becoming noticably darker

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, maybe you shouldn't of cut it cold turkey then, you could of just kept applying the topical while talking the oral.

How long did you try the oral version, theres honestly no reason for it not to work it's the same principle, I am currently on topical for 2 years, added in oral rn, and I am geting body hair growth aswell as my scalp hair becoming noticably darker
Why would I keep taking it if it doesn’t give me any benefits plus it would probably increase the possibility of side effects.

I took it for 5 months. At first, only those small hairs from minoxidil fell out, but after 2-3 months, even thicker hairs began to fall out, which were probably dependent on minoxidil. It got really bad after about 4 months so I gave it another month before I finally stopped.

I have no idea why it didn’t work well on my scalp, maybe some hairs on my body got thicker but that’s all.

On the other hand, regrowth from topical minoxidil was almost instant, it only took about 3-4 weeks for small hairs to appear along the entire hairline.

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would I keep taking it if it doesn’t give me any benefits plus it would probably increase the possibility of side effects.

I took it for 5 months. At first, only those small hairs from minoxidil fell out, but after 2-3 months, even thicker hairs began to fall out, which were probably dependent on minoxidil. It got really bad after about 4 months so I gave it another month before I finally stopped.

I have no idea why it didn’t work well on my scalp, maybe some hairs on my body got thicker but that’s all.

On the other hand, regrowth from topical minoxidil was almost instant, it only took about 3-4 weeks for small hairs to appear along the entire hairline.
I mean't you shouldn't of stopped using topical, i.e. you jumped cold turkey by the looks of it, oral minoxidil would need time to regulate in general, you could just try a low dose oral and keep your topical up. Honestly makes no sense why oral wouldn't work for you, it's not like you can LACK the enzyme in your liver, thats not a possability.