Taking 10mg oral minoxidil for 30 day with No Result. I'm starting to panic

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
id just like to keep the hair i got and if possible get some regrowth...
pop some pills a day and all fine... thats all i “obsess” about... not much more i can do anyway, so i dont think about it most of the time... probably not even every day...
yeah maybe i send you one later, but most likely not before sunday evening, if o dont forget it... weekends are busy and im not at home at all...
Let's get you on the highest octane possible.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
oral min?
of course oral... topical didnt do much... kirkland did in the beginning, but gave me rashes all over... i then switched to some
other brand with better ingredients even, but it didnt do much (didnt loose what i gained from kirkland), so eventually i switched to oral min...

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
of course oral... topical didnt do much... kirkland did in the beginning, but gave me rashes all over... i then switched to some
other brand with better ingredients even, but it didnt do much (didnt loose what i gained from kirkland), so eventually i switched to oral min...
Good to hear you getting progress, I have been drinking 5mg minoxidil for about 2months and then my DR finally agreed to give me prescription of 2.5 mg per day. Wants to see how my body reacts before increasing or maybe not refilling script after 30 days. Not sure if it is just me but less shedding or hair in sink after shampooing, almost none and hair stylist said on Tuesday that I have great hair and no problems.

I also take Avodart. 5mg about 5 times a week and Nutrafol hair supplement pills.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear you getting progress, I have been drinking 5mg minoxidil for about 2months and then my DR finally agreed to give me prescription of 2.5 mg per day. Wants to see how my body reacts before increasing or maybe not refilling script after 30 days. Not sure if it is just me but less shedding or hair in sink after shampooing, almost none and hair stylist said on Tuesday that I have great hair and no problems.

I also take Avodart. 5mg about 5 times a week and Nutrafol hair supplement pills.
yeah i got no idea... fact is i get regrowth where there hasnt been hair for years... if it is enough, i dont know... yes and no^^
would like more, could live with maintenance...
i mentioned it quite a few times, whatever i did, i did regrowth on the (receeded) hairline, but the crown isnt getting much better... for all i know and read everywhere, it should be the opposite...

whatever, i tried quite a few things, now its dutasteride and oral min and that seems to be quite good...
i dont intend on staying on 10mg forever, if i am satisfied, i go back to 5 (maybe even 2.5) and see if that is enough for maintenance...
i just read about people who try some radical approaches (though a lot of them are transitioning), figured as long as i dont grow tits its okay and went for it...

got to say that i never have any side effects from anything... i never get a headache, im never hungover, nothing...
so might be i just tolerate everything, or might be nothing works^^
so just because i take 10mg, doesnt mean i tell you, or anyone for that matter, to do the same...
better listen to the doctor...

BigPapaYoMama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5 mg is plenty. I get slight facial edema from 5mg, but no better results. Also, though It works and is commonly referred by janey, I would advise against drinking the liquid. It doesn’t seem as effective as the pills when using lower amounts. Also the measurement isn’t as exact.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

How much does the Rx cost for a month?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prescription for both oral Minoxidil and Avodart cost me 8 dollars total
Goddess. Them's righteous prices. You would be a fool to drink like janey 'cept in a pinch and all both chime, she and will like at the same moment with perfect timing both as they are won't to have they says, braggarts both...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
cant you just order it somewhere?
if i would go the regular route here, finasteride prescription is about 100 dollars, a month worth of finasteride about 60...
one bottle of minoxidil would cost me over 50...
i can order online without any issues (with some approved online pharmacy) and oay like 20 dollars a month for oral finasteride and dutasteride (probably less)...

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Goddess. Them's righteous prices. You would be a fool to drink like janey 'cept in a pinch and all both chime, she and will like at the same moment with perfect timing both as they are won't to have they says, braggarts both...
You think pill form is better, he gave me 10mg pills to be divided into 4 or 2.5 mg.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
cant you just order it somewhere?
if i would go the regular route here, finasteride prescription is about 100 dollars, a month worth of finasteride about 60...
one bottle of minoxidil would cost me over 50...
i can order online without any issues (with some approved online pharmacy) and oay like 20 dollars a month for oral finasteride and dutasteride (probably less)...
How much are you paying

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am currently on 10mg OM every day for 4 months but haven't experienced any regrowth yet. slight increase in body hair. lately noticed shedding has stopped. no sides apart from increased heart rate for the 1st week.

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am currently on 10mg OM every day for 4 months but haven't experienced any regrowth yet. slight increase in body hair. lately noticed shedding has stopped. no sides apart from increased heart rate for the 1st week.
are you spliting your dosage, 5/5 or taking the 10 straight