Taking 10mg oral minoxidil for 30 day with No Result. I'm starting to panic

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea what this means but I imagine based upon your syntax that you sound like the Russian guy in Rounders and I am very similar to Matt Damon in that movie and also in the movie Good Will Hunting in terms of personality and intelligence and formerly in terms of unwise risk assumption. Your interactions on here come across as some version of Slavic shtick meaning comical but stereotypical in terms of losing its charm. This means you either need to stop being passive aggressive or just plain aggressive or give up because Janey gets you completely and while you seem to have some knowledge, you are highly unlikely to match my schooling in terms of mathematics and my intelligence in terms of idea retention and ability to make connections to things like anagen and beard growth that mysteriously go whoosh above your head and that of virtually all self-designated males on here. This means I found all of you comical in terms of the lengths you go to to avoid theoretical sides that are likely to be trivial in effect for most XY's ever.

You guys prefer to pretend that prostaglandins are some sort of path forward which indicates the extreme fear of using hormonal medications which in any way decrease any androgens or androgen expression. The refusal to look into anagen and the beard link which is quite apparent to anyone who travels in Latin American both show again that you are all essentially people with your head in the sand. I imagine you with a hairline like Mr. Malkovich as well with a similar personality. People object to my going off on tangents which I often do when sleep deprived or to inform the masses, but your answers always interrupt the flow of any thread you appear on because you don't even try to provide coherent bases for your insults and amalgamations of strings of H's and A's which seems childish and all but demented which, if that's your shtick then okay but your answers are always worthless with the exception of one thing: the fact that all effective treatments are feminizing conceptually and perhaps hormonally but this does nothing to deal with the idea of acceptable sides vis-a-vis any hormonal changes at all. This is all but crazy because in spite of DHT's multiple conversions, they affect very, very few persons in any way. Any medication that changes hormones or behavior is susceptible to differing sides and many take SSRI's in spite of the fact that orgasm because difficult or impossible. You are very close to being a troll who comes on here for no reason except to taunt males making difficult treatment decisions as being stupid or illogical or whatever epithet you choose that day or multiple epithets. I assure you no one on the planet who knows me or interacts with me believes that I am "stupid" or "uninformed" or not well read into the topics that I delve into which are essentially all topics. I was reviewing Godel's incompleteness theorem and wondering how it might relate to set completion and the liar's paradox. That's what I do for fun.

As always, either "check, check, check" or

Goddess bless,
Janey

Last edited:

Infanteyes19

My Regimen
Reaction score
What area of the body specifically? Any on your hands, forearms or legs?
It’s all over my arm, hands, legs, and chest now. I know it’s still relatively early to see significant scalp growth I’m just concerned because I went through a brutal shed that lasted two months while still using topical minoxidil and finasteride plus micro needling.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s all over my arm, hands, legs, and chest now. I know it’s still relatively early to see significant scalp growth I’m just concerned because I went through a brutal shed that lasted two months while still using topical minoxidil and finasteride plus micro needling.
I had one from topical min, microneedling, rough massage and spironolactone that took me temporarily to NW7. It's not fun and it's difficult to advise even though shedding is often good if our meds are working. If not, shedding might not come back and I don't think we know either way. One thing shedding seems to do is synchronize the anagen of scalp follicles which mathematically looks very much like regrowth even if counts don't actually rise. Follicles might also thicken which creates a mismatch between the tops of strands and the follicle which itself causes inflammation and the body rejects the follicle and seems to start over and I have been looking at all hair coming out during my restoration and virtually all of it is either very short or malformed and won't lie down and differs in color in terms of being whitish/grayish and not blondish/brown so I am plucking all of them which is a great victory for me because only females tend to pluck gray hairs or malformed ones that are long. Before to me, coverage was coverage.

Janey

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh man, that is so what I want to hear. I am chasing this dragon. I want my arms, hands and legs to get really hairy. You have given me hope. Just looking at my hands, wrists and legs last night I saw what looked like new terminal growth and lots of darker hairs where there were none before (just follicles).

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had one from topical min, microneedling, rough massage and spironolactone that took me temporarily to NW7. It's not fun and it's difficult to advise even though shedding is often good if our meds are working. If not, shedding might not come back and I don't think we know either way. One thing shedding seems to do is synchronize the anagen of scalp follicles which mathematically looks very much like regrowth even if counts don't actually rise. Follicles might also thicken which creates a mismatch between the tops of strands and the follicle which itself causes inflammation and the body rejects the follicle and seems to start over and I have been looking at all hair coming out during my restoration and virtually all of it is either very short or malformed and won't lie down and differs in color in terms of being whitish/grayish and not blondish/brown so I am plucking all of them which is a great victory for me because only females tend to pluck gray hairs or malformed ones that are long. Before to me, coverage was coverage.

Janey
I am now two months taking oral minoxidil , Dr just gave me prescription for 2.5 mg a day. I have noticed what less hair in the shower are shampooing and massive difference in hair on my arms/ legs and now knuckles . Yes a have deep dark hair knuckles that were not there before. As you know because I ask got it from you, I was drinking liquid minoxidil and today was firs time I took pill form.

As for water retention, this was an issue in first 2-3 weeks but has gone away since.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am now two months taking oral minoxidil , Dr just gave me prescription for 2.5 mg a day. I have noticed what less hair in the shower are shampooing and massive difference in hair on my arms/ legs and now knuckles . Yes a have deep dark hair knuckles that were not there before. As you know because I ask got it from you, I was drinking liquid minoxidil and today was firs time I took pill form.

As for water retention, this was an issue in first 2-3 weeks but has gone away since.
Please post pics of the extra hair.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, we don't really know the match between body, beard and hair growth on OM so if you intentional try for hair all over and then can correlate it with your OM use and dosages, that would be great anecdotal evidence for everyone. I keep lowering my amounts and weight is just coming off me fast. 22 pounds have I lost since going down to ~5mg and my feet don't hurt from bloating. I am advanced enough that I might just go back to topical once a day with Retin-A and Estrogel. I see lots and lots of new hairs coming in in the temples but just stubble length so far mostly but also dark vellus hairs. I microneedle specifically in these areas.

Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1630103056034.png

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, we don't really know the match between body, beard and hair growth on OM so if you intentional try for hair all over and then can correlate it with your OM use and dosages, that would be great anecdotal evidence for everyone. I keep lowering my amounts and weight is just coming off me fast. 22 pounds have I lost since going down to ~5mg and my feet don't hurt from bloating. I am advanced enough that I might just go back to topical once a day with Retin-A and Estrogel. I see lots and lots of new hairs coming in in the temples but just stubble length so far mostly but also dark vellus hairs. I microneedle specifically in these areas.

Janey
Seeing new hairs on temples myself, how long have you been drinking it. Is it normal to see less hair shedding in sink after 10 weeks?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
youtubers are dumb... most of them...

that said, 10mg is okay, im on it for 30 days now and there is some regrowth, its actually getting more and more...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems mighty fast for someone always in a bad mood....
would say thats normal... question is: does grow more than 2cm?

i think if i remember it right, i have been on 5mg for three month and then on 10mg for about 2... something like that... when you throw in the kitchen sink, you forget the details...

im in a good mood usually^^ can quit my job soon^^

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
would say thats normal... question is: does grow more than 2cm?

i think if i remember it right, i have been on 5mg for three month and then on 10mg for about 2... something like that... when you throw in the kitchen sink, you forget the details...

im in a good mood usually^^ can quit my job soon^^
They never done taught hus no metric so Janey say about 1/2 an inch a month for males and females with male hair growing, or should I say XY hair growing slightly faster.

The bad news is that anagen matters more than speed of growth and chicks can growth their hair for up to eight Goddess-damn years while boys can be a quarter or lower than that says Janey.

Here's a new pic of Will, I guess to inspire you:

Attachments

• SailorWill?.jpeg
    SailorWill?.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 104

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
They never done taught hus no metric so Janey say about 1/2 an inch a month for males and females with male hair growing, or should I say XY hair growing slightly faster.

The bad news is that anagen matters more than speed of growth and chicks can growth their hair for up to eight Goddess-damn years while boys can be a quarter or lower than that says Janey.

Here's a new pic of Will, I guess to inspire you:
sometimes the new hair just grows a bit... like a month worth and stays that way...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
DM me a pic after all since we keep running into each other. Except for the obsessing, you seem mostly house-proof Janey says.
id just like to keep the hair i got and if possible get some regrowth...
pop some pills a day and all fine... thats all i “obsess” about... not much more i can do anyway, so i dont think about it most of the time... probably not even every day...
yeah maybe i send you one later, but most likely not before sunday evening, if o dont forget it... weekends are busy and im not at home at all...