Take It Or Leave It Advice For The Youngins

Itiswhatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you but you DO care. The people who really don’t care don’t come on this site because it doesn’t cross their mind. You are on here posting because it is how you cope.
The people that never cared don’t come to these sites. I used to care. A lot. I’ve had hairloss for longer than you’ve probably been driving a car. I just posted that message to try to help others accept it. This is the first time I’ve been here in a year lol

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The people that never cared don’t come to these sites. I used to care. A lot. I’ve had hairloss for longer than you’ve probably been driving a car. I just posted that message to try to help others accept it. This is the first time I’ve been here in a year lol

Sure man, whatever you say.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why accept it when u can fight it, specially with the new upcoming treatments.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said...it's easy for you to say when you "have hair". Funny how all the people who espouse these options don't apply them to themselves. I wouldn't expect a Norwood 3 (and I bet if you showed pictures you're actually a Norwood 2) to understand that, because it took actual baldness for me to understand how horrifying it is.

There are no good options when you go fully bald, only certain cope mechanisms, and learning to live with it and accept it.
Did you try meds?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Did you try meds?

I did, and they brought me back to a diffuse Norwood 5, which when I grow it out I can run a combover that looks bad, but not absolutely terrible.

I'm slowly continuing to lose ground though and I'm afraid to get on dutasteride, so when it reaches an even worse point I plan to get a transplant.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great post! This is what exactly i experience being bald, besides the fact i would love to be NW1 and i love to get haircuts i still was doing better being bald fully shaved off compared when i was Thick NW2... and was able literaly to grab home or atleast meet and spend great time with mostly 9/10 looking girls on parties or being out somewhere on city or holidays whatever lol.

what you were better badl fully shaved than norwood 2 ?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did, and they brought me back to a diffuse Norwood 5, which when I grow it out I can run a combover that looks bad, but not absolutely terrible.

I'm slowly continuing to lose ground though and I'm afraid to get on dutasteride, so when it reaches an even worse point I plan to get a transplant.
Wait so you didn’t get on finasteride while you were < nw3? I never understand that. I got on as soon as I noticed some thinning in the crown. I’m still a nw2 albeit diffused.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Wait so you didn’t get on finasteride while you were < nw3? I never understand that. I got on as soon as I noticed some thinning in the crown. I’m still a nw2 albeit diffused.

I had no chance to, I literally went from Norwood 1 to diffuse Norwood 5 in a span of a few months. This was during a stressful period during university where I was studying a lot (I finished a difficult engineering major), so many days went by when I didn't even look in the mirror carefully if anything was off with my hair.

It just hit me one day when I was looking in the mirror in the shower that I could see my scalp everywhere, and my hairline was see-through. I didn't have classical recession, it was all just disappearing at once.

Because it happened so fast, I thought it was telogen effluvium due to stress, but when I did more research and found similar cases to mine, I had to accept it was just very aggressive male pattern baldness.

Of course this was a huge shock to me, and I became extremely depressed, and this lasted for a long time.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had no chance to, I literally went from Norwood 1 to diffuse Norwood 5 in a span of a few months. This was during a stressful period during university where I was studying a lot (I finished a difficult engineering major), so many days went by when I didn't even look in the mirror carefully if anything was off with my hair.

It just hit me one day when I was looking in the mirror in the shower that I could see my scalp everywhere, and my hairline was see-through. I didn't have classical recession, it was all just disappearing at once.

Because it happened so fast, I thought it was telogen effluvium due to stress, but when I did more research and found similar cases to mine, I had to accept it was just very aggressive male pattern baldness.

Of course this was a huge shock to me, and I became extremely depressed, and this lasted for a long time.
Ugh I feel your pain. Hair loss doesn’t run in my family at all. Only one uncle (out of 8 men in my immediate family) went bald. I became extremely depressed and anxious after a bad break up and a few months later someone mentioned my thin spot. I immediately got on finasteride and it continued to deteriorate for a couple of months but now I’ve been on finasteride for about 15 months and my hair, although worse than baseline, stabilized after the first few months.

It’s crazy how stress affects our hair so much. I’m convinced my hair would have double the density if I’ve never gone through that horrible depressed period of my life.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 3 and below is only something that pussies worry about. No one is gonna bug you if you’re trying to minimize your receding hairline. You think anyone gives a sh*t that your hair in the front moves a bit when it’s windy?

Come back when you’re a diffuse thinner who has a whole thinning top of head to cover up. Moderate to advanced Diffuse thinning and/or above Norwood 3 is truly when hair loss impacts your social life

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Norwood 3 and below is only something that pussies worry about. No one is gonna bug you if you’re trying to minimize your receding hairline. You think anyone gives a sh*t that your hair in the front moves a bit when it’s windy?

Come back when you’re a diffuse thinner who has a whole thinning top of head to cover up. Moderate to advanced Diffuse thinning and/or above Norwood 3 is truly when hair loss impacts your social life

The thing is, these Norwood 2 guys who come here bemoaning the end of the world just don't get it. The only way you can understand is if you have experienced true baldness for yourself.

Looking in the mirror and seeing the horseshoe pattern. No matter what combover you try, the lines of visible scalp all over while you're standing under the bathroom light. The thick sides with your ridiculous, wispy weak hairline hairs.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is, these Norwood 2 guys who come here bemoaning the end of the world just don't get it. The only way you can understand is if you have experienced true baldness for yourself.

Looking in the mirror and seeing the horseshoe pattern. No matter what combover you try, the lines of visible scalp all over while you're standing under the bathroom light. The thick sides with your ridiculous, wispy weak hairline hairs.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
I’m at that stage of acceptance, but f*** it’s been hard with my abnormal head shape. Many years of giving up on a social life. I have accepted the horseshoe shape with a buzzed cut at #4. It f*****g sucks. Sometimes I still torture myself by placing a handheld mirror on top of my diffused head and standing under the strong bright lights in my bathroom. It’s a message to myself that I’m a bald man with wispy hair.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m at that stage of acceptance, but f*** it’s been hard with my abnormal head shape. Many years of giving up on a social life. I have accepted the horseshoe shape with a buzzed cut at #4. It f*****g sucks. Sometimes I still torture myself by placing a handheld mirror on top of my diffused head and standing under the strong bright lights in my bathroom. It’s a message to myself that I’m a bald man with wispy hair.
I see you all the time but I don’t know your story. Did you ever try meds?