Take It Or Leave It Advice For The Youngins

Itiswhatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m posting this to give some younger hair loss sufferers some advice. I started losing hair at 20/21 I’m now 30 and my hairline looks exactly like Justin Theroux (deep V Norwood 3). It’s been like this probably since 22. I tried to cover my temples for years and it worked but it just looked like a shitty haircut. I was always wondering if people could tell or not. The last year I just started side parting my hair and just exposing my huge temple. Guess what? No one gives a f***. No one has said anything about hairloss to me. Are they thinking it? Maybe. But who gives a sh*t. You’re better off being the guy that looks like he has a receding hairline and doesn’t care than the guy that has something weird going on up there trying to cover hairloss. The first time I exposed my temples with the new style I went to a wedding with all my old friends. I ended up taking a girl home too. That gave me a confidence boost not going to lie. I guess the point is the confidence you get from exposing your hair loss like “yup this is going in, I don’t care” it gives you a new wave of confidence. It’s that confidence that others see. Just my 2 cents. Cheers.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great post! This is what exactly i experience being bald, besides the fact i would love to be NW1 and i love to get haircuts i still was doing better being bald fully shaved off compared when i was Thick NW2... and was able literaly to grab home or atleast meet and spend great time with mostly 9/10 looking girls on parties or being out somewhere on city or holidays whatever lol.

Itiswhatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about the hiding part.

I was talking about the be confident bro bullshit and the no one cares or notices.
I didn’t say no one notices. I said no one cares. I mean, I don’t care about your hair loss at all. If you have anxiety about your hair loss, then you care about what people think too much. If you stop giving a sh*t what people think then you’re perceived as more confident. Do you know what so many people say the same thing I’m saying? Because it’s true. You can either be the guy with hair loss that lets it affect his confidence and starts speaking softly and cowardly or you can be the guy that doesn’t give a f*** because it’s just hair. Or just sit on this site and be sad man Idk what to tell ya

Itiswhatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at George HW Bush. He was a Norwood 3 in his late 20s. Did he cry, and hide it? No he f*****g rocked the same side part showing his huge temples his whole life. Didn’t give a sh*t.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn’t say no one notices. I said no one cares. I mean, I don’t care about your hair loss at all. If you have anxiety about your hair loss, then you care about what people think too much. If you stop giving a sh*t what people think then you’re perceived as more confident. Do you know what so many people say the same thing I’m saying? Because it’s true. You can either be the guy with hair loss that lets it affect his confidence and starts speaking softly and cowardly or you can be the guy that doesn’t give a f*** because it’s just hair. Or just sit on this site and be sad man Idk what to tell ya

I am not sad and I am not telling anyone to be sad.
Lol speak softly and cowardly?
You are literally the one who is basing his life/confidence on others opinion. Just because you took a girl to your home doesn't suddenly mean that it is great to be bald/balding.

Anyone who has enough hair behind his hairline which can cover his receding hairling should cover his hairline. Exposing hairline or shaving hair when you have enough hair to have a decent cover up is stupid advice. And this advice usually comes from the "hey be confident bro" gang.

Itiswhatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sad and I am not telling anyone to be sad.
Lol speak softly and cowardly?
You are literally the one who is basing his life/confidence on others opinion. Just because you took a girl to your home doesn't suddenly mean that it is great to be bald/balding.

Anyone who has enough hair behind his hairline which can cover his receding hairling should cover his hairline. Exposing hairline or shaving hair when you have enough hair to have a decent cover up is stupid advice. And this advice usually comes from the "hey be confident bro" gang.
Any time someone covers their hairline it looks off and it’s not fooling anyone. You just look like a dude that’s insecure about their hairline. You can down play it, yes, but u need to show some part of your actual hairLINE to not look like you’re trying to cover it up. Any Norwood 1 hairstyle that involves bangs or a fringe comes halfway down the forehead or more. When someone with a receding hairline tries covering it, the bangs end close to where the actual LINE should be. The entire symmetry is completely off and obvious to everyone, you just dont think it’s obvious. Trust me bro I’ve been there. They know. Just show it.

Itiswhatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at these 2 pictures. The guy showing his hairline portrays confidence and probably is a lot happier than the guy covering it up. Cover up guy will look like he’s wearing a visor in direct sunlight and it just looks off. Everyone knows... clearly.

Attachments

• 2F7697BF-0CA5-42BA-9844-00F5D847E9BA.jpeg
    2F7697BF-0CA5-42BA-9844-00F5D847E9BA.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 3884A9C3-83E6-4AE7-9AC9-54D2734030F5.jpeg
    3884A9C3-83E6-4AE7-9AC9-54D2734030F5.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 436

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at these 2 pictures. The guy showing his hairline portrays confidence and probably is a lot happier than the guy covering it up. Cover up guy will look like he’s wearing a visor in direct sunlight and it just looks off. Everyone knows... clearly.

The cover up guys looks healtheir and is more attractive. And if you want to base your happiness and satisfaction on being able to get girls to your home, the first guy won't have a sniff of a 3/10 girl no matter how confident he was unless she was after something else(for example money)

Thanks for proving my point with those photos

Itiswhatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The cover up guys looks healtheir and is more attractive. And if you want to base your happiness and satisfaction on being able to get girls to your home, the first guy won't have a sniff of a 3/10 girl no matter how confident he was unless she was after something else(for example money)

Thanks for proving my point with those photos
I’m just curious, how old are you? I mentioned bring a girl home in my original post and you keep clinging onto it. I’m saying you look more confident in general. Especially in a work environment. Cover ups show insecurity. It’s not like they don’t know you have hairloss because you’re covering it. They just now know you’re insecure about it. Look at trump. So you’re saying the guy who exposes it won’t get girls because he’s showing his hair loss? You have a lot to learn buddy. You’re probably 18.

Itiswhatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 3 would be a dream if you had normal density everywhere else. Many styles are still possible.

Try going Norwood 6 at 22, bet you would be singing a different tune.
If you’re a Norwood 6 at 22 you still have options, it just doesn’t involve your hair. At that stage you need to change your image to one that works. Shave or buzz down, do a cycle of steroids, maybe get some tattoos. Before everyone starts crying about how “that’s a typical bro comment” just think, that is common advice for a reason. Stop clinging to the hair.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great post! This is what exactly i experience being bald, besides the fact i would love to be NW1 and i love to get haircuts i still was doing better being bald fully shaved off compared when i was Thick NW2... and was able literaly to grab home or atleast meet and spend great time with mostly 9/10 looking girls on parties or being out somewhere on city or holidays whatever lol.
You’re bald now? Your hair was doing great not too long ago

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It feels good to have a full head of hair. I would sacrifice it over having sex any day of the week. I don't really care about what other people think.

pretty much this

slightly off topic but every bald guy that I know is either married to their high school sweetheart or perpetually single -- bald men are practically banned from the dating game.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah try an approaching Norwood 5-6 at the age of 25 when 50 year old dudes with half century old skin somehow have better hair than you. Ain’t even about the girls, it’s just about a guy taking pride in his prime when it comes to a body in good condition from hard work and hair that has no reason not to have the same quality.

Girls checking me out the other day while I was wearing a hat. I should have pulled it off and watched them run.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
If you’re a Norwood 6 at 22 you still have options, it just doesn’t involve your hair. At that stage you need to change your image to one that works. Shave or buzz down, do a cycle of steroids, maybe get some tattoos. Before everyone starts crying about how “that’s a typical bro comment” just think, that is common advice for a reason. Stop clinging to the hair.

Like I said...it's easy for you to say when you "have hair". Funny how all the people who espouse these options don't apply them to themselves. I wouldn't expect a Norwood 3 (and I bet if you showed pictures you're actually a Norwood 2) to understand that, because it took actual baldness for me to understand how horrifying it is.

There are no good options when you go fully bald, only certain cope mechanisms, and learning to live with it and accept it.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you but you DO care. The people who really don’t care don’t come on this site because it doesn’t cross their mind. You are on here posting because it is how you cope.