Surprising Update On Hanson & Wong. Could Be Nice!

Raktafa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know why H&W says they use a 3rd generation topical finasteride since february when the ingredients on the prescription from farmacia parati are the same as they were back in 2015-2016?

Also would be interesting to know where the number of reduction of serum-DHT of 30 % comes from? Anyone know what study? Was it after multiple applications? The serum concentration of finasteride has simply been calulated from a formula it seems.

INT

Reaction score
Is there any information about which specific sillicone they are talking?

If it is not a water soluble I think that it will be very hard to wash of the scalp which will then lead to build up of finasteride which we do not want for obvious reasons...

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm heavily considering this. I'm diffusely thinning at the moment and shave my head but if this were to maintain what I have and offer even some regrowth then a hair transplant would be curative in my case.

I had sides from finasteride 1mg oral. I took a quarter pill a day for a month, got sexual sides that subsided after about 3-4 months. They did subside but it makes me anxious about trying this. I also am on minoxidil 2x/day so I'm not sure what putting this on the scalp is like or when it should be applied.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
As far as I know someone wrote on reddit they can even mix minoxidil in it. Furthermore I think you can easily let the minoxidil dry in the evening and the put on the liposome finasteride.

I usd also minoxidil and a micro dose finasteride topical at night.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
I think It works like a finasteride patch. Less sides is due the slow absortion. I think you can apply It on another part of your body with the same effect.

Raktafa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Hasson seems to have performed a study measuring DHT-levels in patients who have applied this to the scalp daily for 3 weeks. The mean decrease was 30 % with a standard deviation of 21 %. This difference in absorption might be the reason some people get sides and other do not. However if this decreased absorption is true also for a bigger cohort one would expect fewer people to experience side effects.
Would have liked to know what time of day the tests were made though as DHT concentrations will vary during the day.

https://3pfizs243h34c09mn6s0ul69-wp...iminary-Analysis-of-PK-Study-HAS-2017-002.pdf

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hanson always had great hair. Im glad theyve got into the hairloss arena. If anyone can cure it its them.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
That study is kinda useless. 3 weeks doesn't mean much. No one cares about serum DHT, which we already know how to block effectively. What we don't know is how to block it without screwing up other hormones and neurosteroids, which they didn't bother to measure. I understand H&W's motivation, but that is not a "study." Fingers still crossed on Polichem and Breezula.

Raktafa

My Regimen
Reaction score
That study is kinda useless. 3 weeks doesn't mean much. No one cares about serum DHT, which we already know how to block effectively. What we don't know is how to block it without screwing up other hormones and neurosteroids, which they didn't bother to measure. I understand H&W's motivation, but that is not a "study." Fingers still crossed on Polichem and Breezula.

As it is only a small sample I agree that it is far from perfect, however I still believe it says something. One concern has been the issue that accumulative asorption of finasteride topically could lead to it blocking as much 5-ar as the oral version, however this study suggests that even after three weeks less 5-ar type 2 is blocked compared to taking 1 mg orally.
This is the whole point - blocking as much 5-ar type 2 locally but not systemically. By doing this you will also minimize the effect on other hormones being catalyzed by the 5-ar and the side effects this causes - so am not quite sure what you mean by "we don't know how to block it without screwing up other hormones and neurosteroids".
We can not block an enzyme without affecting its end products, so the next best thing would be to block it locally where we want to block it whilst not doing it where we do not, which is what H&W are aiming for with this topical.

Having said that it is still unclear how much of DHT:s effect on follicles is mediated byparacrine/autocrine signalling and how much is endocrine signalling as in what effect will local inhibition have if we don't affect levels in the blood. Hasson and Wong seem to believe that most hair loss mediated signalling is affected by local production of DHT. Time will tell I guess....

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Its very hard for me to understand the paper:

There is a 32% reduction .. but in what? Would appreciate if someone could explain those three charts. Because I get confused by all this.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently on H&W topical finasteride 0.25%, i've been using it from january 2017 and from my experience it slows down a bit the progression of male pattern baldness, but it doesnt halt it, atleast in my case but i have aggressive diffuse thinning. It helps quite a bit with the over secretion of sebum, which is nice. I don't have any sides if i use it alone and i have low libido when using oral finasteride. It could be a viable solution for those who are not balding like there is no tomorrow, but for people with aggressive hair loss, i don't think so.. maybe topical dutasteride would be a more viable solution.

Raktafa

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently on H&W topical finasteride 0.25%, i've been using it from january 2017 and from my experience it slows down a bit the progression of male pattern baldness, but it doesnt halt it, atleast in my case but i have aggressive diffuse thinning. It helps quite a bit with the over secretion of sebum, which is nice. I don't have any sides if i use it alone and i have low libido when using oral finasteride. It could be a viable solution for those who are not balding like there is no tomorrow, but for people with aggressive hair loss, i don't think so.. maybe topical dutasteride would be a more viable solution.

Did you mean you are on the 0,25 % or the acutal one that H&W uses which is the 2,5 %?

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you mean you are on the 0,25 % or the acutal one that H&W uses which is the 2,5 %?
Yes, i asked the italian pharmacy to make me a custom 0.25% liposomal finasteride solution which they did, not only that, if you can get prescription they can make you liposomal estrogen solution, which i may test in the future.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you have prescription? Where do you live?

Didnt they mention that you cant compare liposome finasteride concentration with normal peg finasteride solution?

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have prescription? Where do you live?

Didnt they mention that you cant compare liposome finasteride concentration with normal peg finasteride solution?
Yes i have prescription from my doctor, i live in europe.

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to meet with my doctor this week and get a prescription and have them mail it to me. I'm just not sure if I want to use it everyday or not. I'd feel more comfortable with a lower % than 2.5. The highest DHT block they saw in that study was 50% but I wonder if someone has diffuse loss like myself it would require more cream and thus more systemic absorption. I'm going to aim to spread it incredibly lightly every other day I think.

INT

Reaction score

Found this video of a guy actually using it for 7,5 months.

Edit: so this guy also got a hair transplant at H&W... and apparantly works there now...

Last edited: