Surprising Update On Hanson & Wong. Could Be Nice!

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeebus, I missed that. Thanks. Of course, US availability will be the last source if at all. Typically screwed here as usual.

Last edited:

Raktafa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a doctor in europe willing to prescribe this? Have been in conact with one in the UK, however he will only prescribe to UK citizens. The GP:s I have been to have no knowledge of this and will not prescribe anything for hair loss

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Why dont contact your local dermatologist, I think you have the best chance there.

They do a 3-Month Supply, do I need a new prescription everytime I run out?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a joke, I read the title and I thought ( could, should be about hair multiplication ) .
Really, just topical liposome finasteride ?!

Well if you have followed Hasson and Wong you would know this is about topical finasteride....

Reactions: br1

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
They answered the 2.5% question:

"The 2.5% concentration is not just an arbitrary number . This is a highly technical solution and should not be compared to other simple compounded solutions or even the oral form . This particular concentration has been calculated by scientists to be the concentration necessary to provide the concentration gradient which drives the drug into the skin.
When I mentioned the 4% number perhaps I was not sufficiently clear . This represents the concentration in the serum compared to that when taking oral finasteride . (Oral 1mg/day gives serum level of 9.1 nmol/l vs topical of 0.49 nmol/l)
The amount that goes systemic is very low . This is the whole point of this topical formulation .

The topical is absorbed very rapidly – within minutes .it forms a depot on the surface of the skin and within the epidermis.
We have not tested interaction with other topical formulations . So I cannot answer the minoxidil question . If I had to choose between the two I would say that the topical finasteride is way more effective"

br1

Reaction score
Problem I see with topical is that you need to use it all over your head (what if you miss a spot??), while popping a pill takes care of the whole head no mistakes.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride will always be finasteride, topical or not, this is not the best way to fight Androgenetic Alopecia, avoiding systemic absorption is better yes, but still not enough

chrisforhair

Reaction score
They answered the 2.5% question:

"The 2.5% concentration is not just an arbitrary number . This is a highly technical solution and should not be compared to other simple compounded solutions or even the oral form . This particular concentration has been calculated by scientists to be the concentration necessary to provide the concentration gradient which drives the drug into the skin.
When I mentioned the 4% number perhaps I was not sufficiently clear . This represents the concentration in the serum compared to that when taking oral finasteride . (Oral 1mg/day gives serum level of 9.1 nmol/l vs topical of 0.49 nmol/l)
The amount that goes systemic is very low . This is the whole point of this topical formulation .

The topical is absorbed very rapidly – within minutes .it forms a depot on the surface of the skin and within the epidermis.
We have not tested interaction with other topical formulations . So I cannot answer the minoxidil question . If I had to choose between the two I would say that the topical finasteride is way more effective"

chrisforhair

Reaction score
I looked at the NHI site about this which did say it was effective, but all of the photos shown were on men with quite a bit of hair at the start of the testing. So, maybe to use to fill in a slightly thinning scalp, but to really grow the hair you had as a kid, I don't think so.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
I looked at the NHI site about this which did say it was effective, but all of the photos shown were on men with quite a bit of hair at the start of the testing. So, maybe to use to fill in a slightly thinning scalp, but to really grow the hair you had as a kid, I don't think so.

Their objective isn't to give you the hair you had as a kid. Their objective is to help their clients keep the rest of their hair so the transplanted hair doesn't end up looking out of place. It's about providing a reliable product to their clients so that they can maintain a good long-term result from the transplantation or have to confidence to go ahead and have a procedure knowing that with the medication they can keep the result for a long period.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score

Whats NHI?

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that this is actually about as good as it's going to get for a few years.

Oral finasteride is clearly a disaster waiting to happen and there's absolutely no way of knowing if one will suffer long-term detrimental side effects.

Without oral finasteride, you're basically screwed as hair transplants are not viable simply because we don't know what sort of loss we'll suffer in the future meaning transplanted hair could look completely out of place.

All other options have no evidence or safety approval. This might be the life saver required to make a transplant viable. All this is assuming that you're in the process of suffering from hair loss and have not actually gone completely bald.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
This might be the life saver required to make a transplant viable. All this is assuming that you're in the process of suffering from hair loss and have not actually gone completely bald.

And that systemic absorption is actually reduced sufficiently - to the point where sexual side-effects are non-existent. Simply just "fewer" sides isn't going to be enough for anyone who's been or is still going through the hell of PFS.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
Sure, I get that, it's certainly not a perfect solution, but seems about as good as we can expect for a few years. Looks like the choice for a few years will remain the one that has been there for decades - Apply this poison and keep your hair, don't apply it, expect to bald. Sad.

Keisi92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem I see with topical is that you need to use it all over your head (what if you miss a spot??), while popping a pill takes care of the whole head no mistakes.

I don't see this as having any influence tbh, just as I don't think not taking your finasteride once per month will make any difference. If you miss a spot every time you put it on your head it will make no difference as long as it's the same spot every day and it would be highly improbable for someone to miss the same spot over and over again unless they are doing it on purpouse. Don't quote me on this not an expert or anything, but I think if you miss a tiny spot the finasteride on the area near may divulge a bit after its absorbed? I am pulling this out of my *** though so not based on anything.

Finasteride will always be finasteride, topical or not, this is not the best way to fight Androgenetic Alopecia, avoiding systemic absorption is better yes, but still not enough

Finasteride without sides would be huge to have atm imho. That's what i am hoping brotzu to be at minimum to not consider it a dissapointment. More than that is a plus for me.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone send or pn me a doctor (europe) who is willing to prescribe that sh*t? My dermatologist is a piece of sh**, she said its not approved and wanted to sell me prp instead!