Super Shed Just Began, Lost 158 Hairs In 5 Minutes With Pics.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy is a perfect example of BDD. I'm just glad for his own mental health that he has left this forum. He showed no signs of balding, but showed every sign of BDD. Take a look at the pics he has posted in this thread. His wet hair density is better than the dry hair density of 99% of men.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy is a perfect example of BDD. I'm just glad for his own mental health that he has left this forum. He showed no signs of balding, but showed every sign of BDD. Take a look at the pics he has posted in this thread. His wet hair density is better than the dry hair density of 99% of men.

Yeah his hair loss was not as severe as i thought it would be to be taking cpa etc but he seems to be happy now and has stopped posting on the forum so i wish him all the best. Just looked back at this thread and realized i made posts about taking oral min in september 2018, i have always thought i started in october. The dutasteride must be messing with my memory or something lol

Last edited:

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah his hair loss was not as severe as i thought it would be to be taking cpa etc but he seems to be happy now and has stopped posting on the forum so i wish him all the best. Just looked back at this thread and realized i made posts about taking oral min in september 2018, i have always thought i started in october. The dutasteride must be messing with my memory or something lol
Yeah. You have brain fog, obviously. Also I bet dutasteride is the cause of your insomnia.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had problems with my sleep long before i started dutasteride. I was just making a joke about the memory problems, my memory is fine for the most part.
I was also making a joke. I have been on 10mg oral min for 2 months, and prior to that was on 5mg for a month, and I'm experiencing the super shed. How are your results so far?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was also making a joke. I have been on 10mg oral min for 2 months, and prior to that was on 5mg for a month, and I'm experiencing the super shed. How are your results so far?

Nothing spectacular, im a bit disappointed with my results tbh, i have probably seen the maximum amount of regrowth im going to get from oral minoxidil and my crown is still very diffuse, a bald spot i had has filled in a bit but still nowhere the density i would like. Don't know what else to do really. The only positive thing is that when dry and some careful combing i can hide it well, applying toppik makes it look even more dense. I don't know if i should just be happy with what i have and hope to maintain or get on and even more aggressive regimen.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing spectacular, im a bit disappointed with my results tbh, i have probably seen the maximum amount of regrowth im going to get from oral minoxidil and my crown is still very diffuse, a bald spot i had has filled in a bit but still nowhere the density i would like. Don't know what else to do really. The only positive thing is that when dry and some careful combing i can hide it well, applying toppik makes it look even more dense. I don't know if i should just be happy with what i have and hope to maintain or get on and even more aggressive regimen.
We’re in similar situations then. My crown is thin as hell. My entire hair is a mess tbh, unless carefully blowdryed and combed. I see the severe thinning when just out of bed. I’m thinking about a transplant. 1500 grafts on the crown, and another 2000 spread throughout the rest of the scalp should give me the density to not rely so much on blowdrying and combing. I’m barely hanging on. It’s obvious as f*** to people that I’m thinning badly but I have a decent hairline and just the minimum density to avoid the shave it comments.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
We’re in similar situations then. My crown is thin as hell. My entire hair is a mess tbh, unless carefully blowdryed and combed. I see the severe thinning when just out of bed. I’m thinking about a transplant. 1500 grafts on the crown, and another 2000 spread throughout the rest of the scalp should give me the density to not rely so much on blowdrying and combing. I’m barely hanging on. It’s obvious as f*** to people that I’m thinning badly but I have a decent hairline and just the minimum density to avoid the shave it comments.

Yeah my hairline isn't all that bad, not NW0 but acceptable for my age, it's not something i worry about and doesn't interfere with me styling my hair etc my crown area is my only problem area, the rest of my hair is acceptable. Have you thought about a surgeon who would work with a diffuse thinning crown? i would be interested in seeing who you have researched as i hear transplants for diffuse thinning can be a bit troublesome. Im going to give my regimen of duta, 100mg of spironolactone and oral minoxidil another year. If that doesn't work my only options are either transplant or estradiol. Im also probably going to lower my dosage of oral min down to 5mg once i run out of 10mg pills as i don't think it will make much difference, i was taking as high as 20mg at one point and lowered to 10mg with no deterioration of my hair.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah my hairline isn't all that bad, not NW0 but acceptable for my age, it's not something i worry about and doesn't interfere with me styling my hair etc my crown area is my only problem area, the rest of my hair is acceptable. Have you thought about a surgeon who would work with a diffuse thinning crown? i would be interested in seeing who you have researched as i hear transplants for diffuse thinning can be a bit troublesome. Im going to give my regimen of duta, 100mg of spironolactone and oral minoxidil another year. If that doesn't work my only options are either transplant or estradiol. Im also probably going to lower my dosage of oral min down to 5mg once i run out of 10mg pills as i don't think it will make much difference, i was taking as high as 20mg at one point and lowered to 10mg with no deterioration of my hair.
Has sprino helped with oily skin