Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s the fist time they use the “iPSC organoid” term in their job postings. It’s an indication that the pre clinical research is moving forward
I think the fact they want to make an organoid is bad news. Remember tissuse did the same thing. They wanted to make it so they could better study hair follicle neogensis. It means stemsom might be at a similar roadblock or when the cultured cells are implanted even in the spheroid they don’t produce a follicle

maybe they want the produce the follicles in the onoids where they can monitor follicle neogensis more closely . And then when a robust follicle is produced they will transplant that onto a patients scalp. They can also detect cancerous cell lines that way as well

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand your concern but organoid is a generic/umbrella term and was used in a different context here compared to tissuse.

If you click on the job postings and read the descriptions you will see that when they use the word organoid they are referring to the hair follicles progenitors, not fake skin.

This is about the “hair germ” that was created in vitro (“cloned”) and that will become an organ (hair) once implanted on the skin, hence the term organoid.

For the skin, they are not using “organoid skin”, they are implanting it on live animals.

My take about those job postings is that they are hiring people for the stages after the cell differentiation and reprogramming too, because you only can assemble the follicle organoid after you already have produced the cells you need for that.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand your concern but organoid is a generic/umbrella term and was used in a different context here compared to tissuse.

If you click on the job postings and read the descriptions you will see that when they use the word organoid they are referring about the hair follicles progenitors, not fake skin.

This is about the “hair germ” that was created in vitro (“cloned”) and that will become an organ (hair) once implanted on the skin, hence the term organoid.

For the skin, they are not using “organoid skin”, they are implanting it on live animals.

My take about those job postings is that they are hiring people for the stages after the cell differentiation and reprogramming too, because you only can assemble the follicle organoid after you already have produced the cells you need for that.
all indications are that hair cloning is far away

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you are just a broken clock constantly posting the same sh*t and negativity
you have to face the truth, the progrs is very slow, there is no mention of human attempts, I will not be surprised if in 50 years baldness will still be a problem, as for me, the only sensible option for 30+ is cryonics and waiting for a better perfect body with beautiful hair

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the fact they want to make an organoid is bad news. Remember tissuse did the same thing. They wanted to make it so they could better study hair follicle neogensis. It means stemsom might be at a similar roadblock or when the cultured cells are implanted even in the spheroid they don’t produce a follicle

maybe they want the produce the follicles in the onoids where they can monitor follicle neogensis more closely . And then when a robust follicle is produced they will transplant that onto a patients scalp. They can also detect cancerous cell lines that way as well
there is no spheriod the idea of the spheroid goes back to the idea of culturing DP cells taken directly from the patient to maintain their inductivity in vitro. however stemson is using IPCS and they culture the neural crest intermediate or the stem cells directly not the other way around. also an organoid is basically just a precursor of an organ with a bunch of differentiated specialized cells. the way i understand it is that all attrmpts at hair cloning have used organoids, when you jzst inject the DP cells in the scalp i think not much happens because this is not the state and environment your scalp was during embryogenesis. there, two types of tissue, the mesechyme and the epithelium interact with each other leading to the formation of a prefollicle that rhen gets engulfed by epithelial cells. in the organoid they use the designed DP cells and put them together with epithelial stem cells so the DP cells can direct the epithelial stem cells in which kind of cell of the hair matrix they should differentiate and proliferate. i think this is needed in humans. stemsons approach of using ipcs is completely unique, tissue was most certaintly not doing it and there could be a host of issues they got wrong speculation is ppintless but its definitely not "bad" news

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
$ 22.5 million in funding, top tier investors from the industry, research team steadily growing.

In 20 years of lame attempts and straight out charlatanism, this is the first time we are getting a legit shot at the cure, period
People would rather complain because it isn't right around the corner. There really isn't another company even close to what Stemson is doing. I do think Stemson will be the one's to crack this "cure", BUT, I don't think we'll really have access to this before 7-10 years from now. Seems that they are at least 1-3 years from even entering trials, followed by a couple years of trialing plus roll out to actually offer the procedure in large cities.

I think that this is a great backup plan, but in all honestly I think that a pharmacologic cure will likely be here sooner that can at least get bald guys their dignity back (ie reverse NW7-6-5 into a dense NW3/2). If HMI-115 translates to humans like it did on the macaques, it would essentially be this type of reversal. Otherwise, something specifically in the WNT pathway space will be developed this decade. There is too much money and man power going into that field for it to not trickle into hairloss, which is essentially incorrect WNT signalling.

Last edited:

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no spheriod the idea of the spheroid goes back to the idea of culturing DP cells taken directly from the patient to maintain their inductivity in vitro. however stemson is using IPCS and they culture the neural crest intermediate or the stem cells directly not the other way around. also an organoid is basically just a precursor of an organ with a bunch of differentiated specialized cells. the way i understand it is that all attrmpts at hair cloning have used organoids, when you jzst inject the DP cells in the scalp i think not much happens because this is not the state and environment your scalp was during embryogenesis. there, two types of tissue, the mesechyme and the epithelium interact with each other leading to the formation of a prefollicle that rhen gets engulfed by epithelial cells. in the organoid they use the designed DP cells and put them together with epithelial stem cells so the DP cells can direct the epithelial stem cells in which kind of cell of the hair matrix they should differentiate and proliferate. i think this is needed in humans. stemsons approach of using ipcs is completely unique, tissue was most certaintly not doing it and there could be a host of issues they got wrong speculation is ppintless but its definitely not "bad" news
So they will culture the follicles in the origanoids prior to transplanting them?

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People would rather complain because it isn't right around the corner. There really isn't another company even close to what Stemson is doing. I do think Stemson will be the one's to crack this "cure", BUT, I don't think we'll really have access to this before 7-10 years from now. Seems that they are at least 1-3 years from even entering trials, followed by a couple years of trialing plus roll out to actually offer the procedure in large cities.

I think that this is a great backup plan, but in all honestly I think that a pharmacologic cure will likely be here sooner that can at least get bald guys their dignity back (ie reverse NW7-6-5 into a dense NW3/2). If HMI-115 translates to humans like it did on the macaques, it would essentially be this type of reversal. Otherwise, something specifically in the WNT pathway space will be developed this decade. There is too much money and man power going into that field for it to not trickle into hairloss, which is essentially incorrect WNT signalling.
7-10 is unrealistic

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like a medicine in 7-10 years from Stemson, but there is no chance of that, unfortunately, bitter truth
you do nothing in your life? you are literally online all the time at any time, you just repeat the same thing over and over again !! I have already blocked you on 2 previous accounts. It's not our fault that your life sucks. Please administrators, block your IP.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you do nothing in your life? you are literally online all the time at any time, you just repeat the same thing over and over again !! I have already blocked you on 2 previous accounts. It's not our fault that your life sucks. Please administrators, block your IP.
they pay me to write these bad comments about Stemson, everyone's life sucks because we end up in one place - in the cemetery

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we can all be cured if we save for a hair transplant and go to the right surgeon. just people like me who have crap donor and are NW6 need some chad surgeon who can work something out for us. An SMP + FUE + Bear hair, *** hair, whatever hair, then buzz it down is good enough. I just need a surgeon who can be creative and then I am good. I mean I'd love to have NW0 hair that I could style. But getting rid of the horseshoe and having my head look like I have a decent buzzcut of hair in outdoor conditions is the best I can do.

Anyone know any creative surgeons with an open mind that have good reputation that can make SMP + FUE + Beard hair work buzzed down? Any examples of this?

5 years+ wait for a cure is too long for me. I need to fix this shiz now.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we can all be cured if we save for a hair transplant and go to the right surgeon. just people like me who have crap donor and are NW6 need some chad surgeon who can work something out for us. An SMP + FUE + Bear hair, *** hair, whatever hair, then buzz it down is good enough. I just need a surgeon who can be creative and then I am good. I mean I'd love to have NW0 hair that I could style. But getting rid of the horseshoe and having my head look like I have a decent buzzcut of hair in outdoor conditions is the best I can do.

Anyone know any creative surgeons with an open mind that have good reputation that can make SMP + FUE + Beard hair work buzzed down? Any examples of this?

5 years+ wait for a cure is too long for me. I need to fix this shiz now.
5 years is nothing when it comes to time