Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
so it was a lie? or Alexey lied this fortunis guy:D? come on lets be serious
Neither one of them lied. I somehow can't explain this to you, so you CAN understand.

The hair can either be permanent or not, and you will need every few years a touch-up. I personally expect the last one.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Neither one of them lied. I somehow can't explain this to you, so you CAN understand.

The hair can either be permanent or not, and you will need every few years a touch-up. I personally expect the last one.
i think we find out this in 10 years, or longer, when some people will have thiese hair on teir heads

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those slides didnt help us one bit they made it a joke especially the ones with Gru.
The Gru was used as light humour. The slides towards the end showed how the lolli-up would contain both the DP + epithelial cells and how each lolli-up will be placed in the scaffold showing growth of hair follicles in the base with 3 cycles minimum. I don’t understand how the visual didn’t help you understand or how it was a joke?

DJC

My Regimen
Reaction score
"During this brief interaction at the conference, Youngjet was told by Dr. Tsuji that the price for Tsuji’s/Organ Technologies’ hair cloning treatment would be around $200,000 to $350,000 per person and that clinical trials were soon to begin."

Is this really going to be the ballpark price?

lon chaney

My Regimen
Reaction score
recently met with dr. mcandrews (pasadena, los angeles) for consultation and med refills. when i met with him a year ago, i asked about cloning, he mentioned stemson, and i believe said maybe five years. i asked again, he said stemson is different than other companies he's seen come and go, he think they'll get it, but actually said maybe 10 years this time. now, i have no idea how closely mcandrews works with stemson. maybe not very closely at all. then again, maybe intimately. i really don't know. just putting this out there

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
recently met with dr. mcandrews (pasadena, los angeles) for consultation and med refills. when i met with him a year ago, i asked about cloning, he mentioned stemson, and i believe said maybe five years. i asked again, he said stemson is different than other companies he's seen come and go, he think they'll get it, but actually said maybe 10 years this time. now, i have no idea how closely mcandrews works with stemson. maybe not very closely at all. then again, maybe intimately. i really don't know. just putting this out there
You get a like just for your creative screen name that is a refreshing difference from Ashes_to_Ashes_NW7 or lifeisover_nw10

lon chaney

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's on stemsons scientific & medical advisory board, I'd assume he's somewhat in the know in regards to potential timelines.
wow, see i didn't know he had an official position with them like that, i'd say this is all a good indicator stemson more like is a decade away, as opposed to the 4-6 years figure we sometimes hear bandied about. i hope to be proven wrong and for stemson to hit the market sooner, but looking like we gotta be patient

lon chaney

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow, see i didn't know he had an official position with them like that, i'd say this is all a good indicator stemson more like is a decade away, as opposed to the 4-6 years figure we sometimes hear bandied about. i hope to be proven wrong and for stemson to hit the market sooner, but looking like we gotta be patient
unless someone here or on follicle thought has a super insider connection to stemson that is, but seems unlikely

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dr. Chaffoo is a leading plastic surgeon, founder of La Jolla Plastic Surgery & Dermatology, and one of the top hair transplant surgeons in California. He has supported hair growth research in Dr. Terskikh’s lab for the last three years by donating patient hair follicles. Dr. Paul McAndrews is a Dermatologist, Professor of Dermatology at USC School of Medicine, a published expert in hair transplant surgeries, and runs his own hair transplant clinic in Pasadena, CA. Drs. Chaffoo and McAndrews will guide the Stemson management team in the design of the cell transplantation procedure and the human clinical trial, as well as guide the Stemson teams understanding of the hair loss patient population.

lon chaney

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dr. Chaffoo is a leading plastic surgeon, founder of La Jolla Plastic Surgery & Dermatology, and one of the top hair transplant surgeons in California. He has supported hair growth research in Dr. Terskikh’s lab for the last three years by donating patient hair follicles. Dr. Paul McAndrews is a Dermatologist, Professor of Dermatology at USC School of Medicine, a published expert in hair transplant surgeries, and runs his own hair transplant clinic in Pasadena, CA. Drs. Chaffoo and McAndrews will guide the Stemson management team in the design of the cell transplantation procedure and the human clinical trial, as well as guide the Stemson teams understanding of the hair loss patient population.
sounds like mcandrews is heavily involved with stemson. so either he just says ten years to be super conservative or, again, we gotta be patient and that's the timeline we're looking at, not five years. it's interesting that follice thought just recently posted 2027 as their estimated market launch for stemson. i don't have a special relationship with mcandrews. he gave me info he'd give anyone. so either mcandrews says 10 years as a very rough estimate or follice thought, no offense cause i appreciate that blog generally speaking, hasn't done its homework

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
sounds like mcandrews is heavily involved with stemson. so either he just says ten years to be super conservative or, again, we gotta be patient and that's the timeline we're looking at, not five years. it's interesting that follice thought just recently posted 2027 as their estimated market launch for stemson. i don't have a special relationship with mcandrews. he gave me info he'd give anyone. so either mcandrews says 10 years as a very rough estimate or follice thought, no offense cause i appreciate that blog generally speaking, hasn't done its homework
Geoff Hamilton did say that this year was meant to be the start of clinical trials (of course COVID did get in the way) so based off of that I'm positive next year will be when clinical trials will commence so 10 years does sound like a long stretch. Another point is that if Stemson were to take 10 years let's say, they wouldn't be funded by their investors unless they were to produce significant results in that meantime. Meaning that money wouldn't be constantly supplied to them in that period of time unless viable results were shown. Plus their patent would run out in that time frame.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As a general rule, transplant surgeons don't have insider info on hair multiplication. If this guy is directly working with Stemson then it would be an exception.

Cosmetic surgeons are not medical researchers. Same parts of the body, very different professions. It's like asking a tree-trimming service about genetically modifying trees.

lon chaney

My Regimen
Reaction score
Geoff Hamilton did say that this year was meant to be the start of clinical trials (of course COVID did get in the way) so based off of that I'm positive next year will be when clinical trials will commence so 10 years does sound like a long stretch. Another point is that if Stemson were to take 10 years let's say, they wouldn't be funded by their investors unless they were to produce significant results in that meantime. Meaning that money wouldn't be constantly supplied to them in that period of time unless viable results were shown. Plus their patent would run out in that time frame.
interesting, it's great to get more info and open up the conversation like this. i'm personally wondering about it all because when stemson hits market, i'm happy to say i should have the money to afford it right there in the beginning, even if it's six figures. so i've been thinking about getting a regular transplant soon, enjoy the results for several years, then get stemson. but i kind of pitched that to mcandrews, and he advised me to just wait it out––i have hair now, but i do want better density and believe i'm thin enough where it'd make a marked difference. maybe i wasn't clear enough, or maybe he just operates from position that cloning is only a theory until it's finally for real. just not sure why from what i said he wouldn't have told me, no promises, but we might be looking at 5-7 years. he very clearly said 10. but i think i remember him saying 5 years last year! so it's a bit confusing...