Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think they'll be able to start the second study next year as well?

will they also need a third study?
I don't know what regulatory hurdles they will face. I would assume at least 2 trials, one from a pure safety standpoint and one for efficacy. Regardless, it's several years away.

I think the company is hoping that the UK will allow them to start preforming the procedure quicker then in the US though.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
so at least 4 years away plus all the delays probably 6-7 years. And that if the technology really works. Objectively speaking, it doesn't really make sense to chill in the forum for 7 years. It would be best if the studies were in Japan. there the approval is apparently within 1-3 years. But gold for the next generation
I mean, yeah, it was never right around the corner but as the process progresses at least you'll know that some point in the near future you'll have something that can restore a full head of hair. Also the fact that you know about the company/trials means you can probably beat out the rush of getting the process done before it's known by the majority of folks who don't inhabit hairloss forums. Hell, you could try and get into the later stage trials if you really wanted to.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're just pulling random numbers out here. By Stemson's own admission, this process is very cheap on a per hair basis and initial trials will be on literal 1cm squared patches of a human head.
Do you have the source for the 1cm squared trials?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're just pulling random numbers out here. By Stemson's own admission, this process is very cheap on a per hair basis and initial trials will be on literal 1cm squared patches of a human head.
Connect.....the.....dots

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes we should be more hyped about other companies like Histogen and RepliCel, which today are just around the corner to launch a new and revolutionary hair loss treatment........ every freakin' year for the past 10 years lololol

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes we should be more hyped about other companies like Histogen and RepliCel, which today are just around the corner to launch a new and revolutionary hair loss treatment........ every freakin' year for the past 10 years lololol
Histogen and Replicel can't be compared to the real cloning companies

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would've thought Dr. Terskikh would've been motivated to speed things up as a result of his own insecurities with hair loss (he's bald and always wearing a hat) but at this rate he won't even benefit from it nearly as much.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
we have to be fair. The breakthrough with the Ipsc cells came ten years ago. Terskikh and his team are about to conduct clinical studies. That is a remarkable achievement. They deserve the greatest respect. Presumably on the market within 5 years. That is terrific.

we will not benefit immediately. But these advances will last us. They solve a millennia-old problem. The next generations will benefit from this. our individual fate is not important to Stemson.
Of course it is, they only have the patent for 15~ years or whatever, in addition to competitors that will inevitably start to pop up as the science is more understood with different applications. The clock is ticking.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course it is, they only have the patent for 15~ years or whatever, in addition to competitors that will inevitably start to pop up as the science is more understood with different applications. The clock is ticking.
Is that from patent approval, so if they don't do anything with this (let's say 10 years of studies + scaling and 5 years of reaping the rewards) another company can steal their tech?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that from patent approval, so if they don't do anything with this (let's say 10 years of studies + scaling and 5 years of reaping the rewards) another company can steal their tech?
They can steal the patented parts of it, yeah. The patent was filed last September or whatever, so 15 years from then people will be able to use anything from this process in their own company/procedure.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the funny thing is that i never looked like a 20 year old college student even though i went to college when i was 20. i just want to look normal When I was 16, I had a receding hairline, I was always noticed somehow. I was approached by my teachers whether I was sick.

but don't want pity or anything now.
Yeah, got to stay hopeful and look forward to the future or else you'll just be depressed.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
the funny thing is that i never looked like a 20 year old college student even though i went to college when i was 20. i just want to look normal When I was 16, I had a receding hairline, I was always noticed somehow. I was approached by my teachers whether I was sick.

but don't want pity or anything now.
That´s right now me. It is depressing, indeed. You are literally growing up with bad hair, in a community, where everyone tries to be * perfect *.

Suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia since puberty began is truly wrecking. I wonder how you made it to your early 20´s with this, I personally can´t take it anymore...

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
That´s right now me. It is depressing, indeed. You are literally growing up with bad hair, in a community, where everyone tries to be * perfect *.

Suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia since puberty began is truly wrecking. I wonder how you made it to your early 20´s with this, I personally can´t take it anymore...
You just gotta push through, man. One of my good friends went through the same thing, started visibly losing it in highschool and was rocking the shave at 22 before we graduated university. Never had any problems with girls or career success, and he just got engaged last summer at 27 to a 9/10 girl that he met at 25~ while fully bald.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You just gotta push through, man. One of my good friends went through the same thing, started visibly losing it in highschool and was rocking the shave at 22 before we graduated university. Never had any problems with girls or career success, and he just got engaged last summer at 27 to a 9/10 girl that he met at 25~ while fully bald.
I mean he's probably charming, charismatic, and looks good bald. A lot of us aren't.