Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Someone on Reddit wrote a long theory about Androgenetic Alopecia and one of things he says is “hair cloning, PRP, stem cell will never work for a simple factor. We are not addressing the cause of hair loss with any of these techniques. In paper, stem cell is amazing and should regrow hair. Exosomes should regrow hair. Hair cloning should be easy! We can clone other organs, we can even clone teeth, even dolly the sheep has been cloned to a perfectly functioning animal. So why won’t any of these things work? Because there is not a single evidence that hair follicles or DP cells from the vertex to crown are different from hair on the back and sides of our head. This is a dangerous assumption, that was taken from the lack of other evidence and has lead the hair loss researcher many dead ends and so will be hair cloning” I’d like to hear Tsuji or stemson response to this"

I think it would be a problem, unfortunatelly

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Someone on Reddit wrote a long theory about Androgenetic Alopecia and one of things he says is “hair cloning, PRP, stem cell will never work for a simple factor. We are not addressing the cause of hair loss with any of these techniques. In paper, stem cell is amazing and should regrow hair. Exosomes should regrow hair. Hair cloning should be easy! We can clone other organs, we can even clone teeth, even dolly the sheep has been cloned to a perfectly functioning animal. So why won’t any of these things work? Because there is not a single evidence that hair follicles or DP cells from the vertex to crown are different from hair on the back and sides of our head. This is a dangerous assumption, that was taken from the lack of other evidence and has lead the hair loss researcher many dead ends and so will be hair cloning” I’d like to hear Tsuji or stemson response to this"

This “someone on Reddit” has seemed to clock the whole situation. And you read that and thought “yep it’s a done deal”. Don’t you understand what’s going on here? That by creating infinite supply of de novo hair follicles the miniaturization and death of hair follicles will be meaningless. You simply replace the damaged/fallen hair follicles with new ones. Either you misunderstand what’s going on or you’re searching for any fault/negativity that you can find from online randoms who have no science degree of any sorts and reaffirming your dismay with the science of it all.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Btw it’s an old interview but Alexey did say that “A virtually unlimited supply of patient-tailored DP-like cells should allow the life-long supply of hair inducing cells at a very reasonable cost.” And in previous interviews he has mentioned how he wants young children with alopecia to be treated, so by “reasonable cost” we can assume that the price won’t be as absurd as Tsuji’s price quote hopefully.

In a separate interview which was 3 years ago he also stated, “The good news is that we’ve resolved the biological mystery of hair growth using stem cells. Now, it is mostly an engineering exercise: how to get robust and properly oriented hair growth.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This “someone on Reddit” has seemed to clock the whole situation. And you read that and thought “yep it’s a done deal”. Don’t you understand what’s going on here? That by creating infinite supply of de novo hair follicles the miniaturization and death of hair follicles will be meaningless. You simply replace the damaged/fallen hair follicles with new ones. Either you misunderstand what’s going on or you’re searching for any fault/negativity that you can find from online randoms who have no science degree of any sorts and reaffirming your dismay with the science of it all.
the fortunis guy said new hair will stay for the rest of life...this is very important, i dont want to repet this procedure every year or few years

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
the fortunis guy said new hair will stay for the rest of life...this is very important, i dont want to repet this procedure every year or few years
Investors can make every claims they want. They probably referred to unlimited supply and are basing their claims on the science there is, which is true. We do not know however yet if the new hair is indeed resembling the occipital type.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

If that’s true than traditional hair transplant would never be as popular

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Btw it’s an old interview but Alexey did say that “A virtually unlimited supply of patient-tailored DP-like cells should allow the life-long supply of hair inducing cells at a very reasonable cost.” And in previous interviews he has mentioned how he wants young children with alopecia to be treated, so by “reasonable cost” we can assume that the price won’t be as absurd as Tsuji’s price quote hopefully.

In a separate interview which was 3 years ago he also stated, “The good news is that we’ve resolved the biological mystery of hair growth using stem cells. Now, it is mostly an engineering exercise: how to get robust and properly oriented hair growth.
so this guy from fortunis lied, he clearly said the hair will stay for the rest of ones life

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Investors can make every claims they want. They probably referred to unlimited supply and are basing their claims on the science there is, which is true. We do not know however yet if the new hair is indeed resembling the occipital type.
he said that new hair will stay for the rest of life, nothing about unlimitted suply or repeating this process every few years, for 100K$ i want full hed of hair and then never see Alexey again:) (i think he is a nice guy anyway:))

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

HLC2020: What aspects of hair growth do you believe you will be able to control? Shaft thickness, direction, etc.?

Dr. Terskikh: Should be able to control all aspects. The shaft thickness (also hair length) is directly proportional to the number of DP cells in the DP capsule. We can transplant any number of cells we want.

Do you know how the stem cell–generated hair will look? Can you control hair colour?

We hope that stem cell–generated hair will look exactly as the original hairs that have been lost. Of course, it will take some time to grow a “perfect” hair, but we believe this should be possible in the long run.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

HLC2020: What aspects of hair growth do you believe you will be able to control? Shaft thickness, direction, etc.?

Dr. Terskikh: Should be able to control all aspects. The shaft thickness (also hair length) is directly proportional to the number of DP cells in the DP capsule. We can transplant any number of cells we want.

Do you know how the stem cell–generated hair will look? Can you control hair colour?

We hope that stem cell–generated hair will look exactly as the original hairs that have been lost. Of course, it will take some time to grow a “perfect” hair, but we believe this should be possible in the long run.
probably ne hair will be bette than the old ones

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
he said that new hair will stay for the rest of life, nothing about unlimitted suply or repeating this process every few years, for 100K$ i want full hed of hair and then never see Alexey again:) (i think he is a nice guy anyway:))
You forget that investors/ the money guys aren't the scientists/ the research dudes. Lol!
They said that based on the science and papers they know/got from their investee. @trialAcc can prob. tell more (and/or correct me lol).

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You forget that investors/ the money guys aren't the scientists/ the research dudes. Lol!
They said that based on the science and papers they know/got from their investee. @trialAcc can prob. tell more (and/or correct me lol).
didnt he know his info from Alexey? (fortunis guy)