Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
interesting, it's great to get more info and open up the conversation like this. i'm personally wondering about it all because when stemson hits market, i'm happy to say i should have the money to afford it right there in the beginning, even if it's six figures. so i've been thinking about getting a regular transplant soon, enjoy the results for several years, then get stemson. but i kind of pitched that to mcandrews, and he advised me to just wait it out––i have hair now, but i do want better density and believe i'm thin enough where it'd make a marked difference. maybe i wasn't clear enough, or maybe he just operates from position that cloning is only a theory until it's finally for real. just not sure why from what i said he wouldn't have told me, no promises, but we might be looking at 5-7 years. he very clearly said 10. but i think i remember him saying 5 years last year! so it's a bit confusing...
All we can do is be cautiously optimistic in this cruel world

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
interesting, it's great to get more info and open up the conversation like this. i'm personally wondering about it all because when stemson hits market, i'm happy to say i should have the money to afford it right there in the beginning, even if it's six figures. so i've been thinking about getting a regular transplant soon, enjoy the results for several years, then get stemson. but i kind of pitched that to mcandrews, and he advised me to just wait it out––i have hair now, but i do want better density and believe i'm thin enough where it'd make a marked difference. maybe i wasn't clear enough, or maybe he just operates from position that cloning is only a theory until it's finally for real. just not sure why from what i said he wouldn't have told me, no promises, but we might be looking at 5-7 years. he very clearly said 10. but i think i remember him saying 5 years last year! so it's a bit confusing...

Alexey is a co-owner of Stemson as I'm sure you know. And he was being generous with 3-4 years, but 10 years does seem inaccurate to me. You can skip to 17:00 - 18-10 min of the video to hear his prediction.

lon chaney

My Regimen
Reaction score

Alexey is a co-owner of Stemson as I'm sure you know. And he was being generous with 3-4 years, but 10 years does seem inaccurate to me. You can skip to 17:00 - 18-10 min of the video to hear his prediction.
yup i've seen this actually, watched recently. for my personal case i gotta go with what my doctor says. but i certainly hope it was a miscommunication thing, and that stemson is closer to 5 than 10 years away.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yup i've seen this actually, watched recently. for my personal case i gotta go with what my doctor says. but i certainly hope it was a miscommunication thing, and that stemson is closer to 5 than 10 years away.
how many times we repeat this same story again? 5, 10 100? nobody knows, so stop to write this useless sh*t over and over again guys!

lon chaney

My Regimen
Reaction score
how many times we repeat this same story again? 5, 10 100? nobody knows, so stop to write this useless sh*t over and over again guys!
lol fair enough, like i said i was wondering for me personally, not just wild theorizing, and i thought talking to a Doctor who has an actual stemson connection would be useful, but yes no one really knows and there's no point speculating

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It came from someone actually involved in the company.. who'd previously said the same as the company, 5 years. This is by far the best indictor of potential timeline.

It's more useful than anything you've ever said.
riken said 2020.......

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thing is they already had success in a larger animal model, which Alexey seemed to think was a long way off in that video. They are past that point meaning all the technical hurdles should be cleared now too. What could they possibly have to do between success in the pig model and trying it in a human? Maybe he changed to 10 years because they aren't going to apply for UK specials, or maybe he was speaking of US availability this time. It just doesn't make sense that the timeline would be extended because they have seemingly been moving ahead of schedule.

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not give much value to the statements of hair transplant doctors anyway, because their business field is destroyed by this.
I had a consultation with a doctor in november 2020 and asked him for his opinion on hair multiplication.
He said directly that this would be dangerous and would produce cancer in almost all cases, so he does not believe in it

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thing is they already had success in a larger animal model, which Alexey seemed to think was a long way off in that video. They are past that point meaning all the technical hurdles should be cleared now too. What could they possibly have to do between success in the pig model and trying it in a human? Maybe he changed to 10 years because they aren't going to apply for UK specials, or maybe he was speaking of US availability this time. It just doesn't make sense that the timeline would be extended because they have seemingly been moving ahead of schedule.
My thoughts exactly, if anything the timeline should be in the next 4/5 years.

lon chaney

My Regimen
Reaction score
i had another los angeles doctor who doesn't seem as honest as mcandrews once tell me when i consulted with him, more than 10 years. and that one i dismissed because this guy doesn't seem totally honest and certainly isn't working with stemson, he seemed ok but kinda more like ur typical salesman surgeon to a certain degree. maybe mcandrews comment to me came after not communicating with stemson for a while, maybe his role is one where he hasn't been all that involved lately. or maybe he's on the phone with them all the time and just had a tough call, i honestly have no idea and wish i'd asked him for more details but didn't want to push it. what i'd love is if other people did investigating of their own to get better sense of timeline. or if this is pointless and we know stemson isn't gonna give out any info re timeline, i guess my comment was pointless and we just have to be patient and stop speculating. like i said, i asked mcandrews because i wanted to know, can i get a transplant now, then get stemson in five years or so. i wasn't asking for the purposes of this site, but just thought i should share the experience because again, it wasn't in confidence, i'm just a random patient of his and we had a checkup for a refill, he answered my question like he would for anyone else. next time i visit new york, maybe in the fall it'll be, i plan on taking train out to long island one afternoon for a consult with feller and bloxham cause their videos are very impressive. as far as i know they don't work with stemson at all, but i'm interested in their take on if i'm a good candidate for transplant, cause they're a little more aggressive with young patient, although at the same time they seem to have a stellar reputation, i've only heard good things. mcandrews is definitely conservative in his approach, which is great too. i'm a bit of a unique case where i'm a younger dude with lot more money than the average guy my age, i'm sorta stabilized from treatment but at the same time still have some thinning that's creeping up, i mean it's a tough call

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i had another los angeles doctor who doesn't seem as honest as mcandrews once tell me when i consulted with him, more than 10 years. and that one i dismissed because this guy doesn't seem totally honest and certainly isn't working with stemson, he seemed ok but kinda more like ur typical salesman surgeon to a certain degree. maybe mcandrews comment to me came after not communicating with stemson for a while, maybe his role is one where he hasn't been all that involved lately. or maybe he's on the phone with them all the time and just had a tough call, i honestly have no idea and wish i'd asked him for more details but didn't want to push it. what i'd love is if other people did investigating of their own to get better sense of timeline. or if this is pointless and we know stemson isn't gonna give out any info re timeline, i guess my comment was pointless and we just have to be patient and stop speculating. like i said, i asked mcandrews because i wanted to know, can i get a transplant now, then get stemson in five years or so. i wasn't asking for the purposes of this site, but just thought i should share the experience because again, it wasn't in confidence, i'm just a random patient of his and we had a checkup for a refill, he answered my question like he would for anyone else. next time i visit new york, maybe in the fall it'll be, i plan on taking train out to long island one afternoon for a consult with feller and bloxham cause their videos are very impressive. as far as i know they don't work with stemson at all, but i'm interested in their take on if i'm a good candidate for transplant, cause they're a little more aggressive with young patient, although at the same time they seem to have a stellar reputation, i've only heard good things. mcandrews is definitely conservative in his approach, which is great too. i'm a bit of a unique case where i'm a younger dude with lot more money than the average guy my age, i'm sorta stabilized from treatment but at the same time still have some thinning that's creeping up, i mean it's a tough call
Wait until the end of this year and see how things play out so you can get a better gauge of a potential timeline and work around a possible transplant

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any press realese about pig trials? ......maybe they know that this want work, or only will able to produce 2 more hair per treatment so thats why he said 10 years

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait until the end of this year and see how things play out so you can get a better gauge of a potential timeline and work around a possible transplant
This is what I'm doing. If we have a road map for human trials by year end, as well as something like the HopeMed anti-body phase 2 trials or Kintor AR degrader starting this year, I'm booking a quality FUE to rebuild my temples/front. As long as I know that I have possible options for any future crown or mid scalp loss I'm comfortable doing an aggressive hairline FUE now.

Only thing that's kept me from it so far is the complete lack of progress in the pipeline in the last decade, and the fact that I never want to be a guy with a full head transplanted, it rarely ever looks good imo until you're 40-50+

Last edited:

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I'm doing. If we have a road map for human trials by year end, as well as something like the HopeMed anti-body phase 2 trials or Kintor AR degrader starting this year, I'm booking a quality FUE to rebuild my temples/front. As long as I know that I have possible options for any future crown or mid scalp loss I'm comfortable doing an aggressive hairline FUE now.

Only thing that's kept me from it so far is the complete lack of progress in the pipeline in the last decade, and the fact that I never want to be a guy with a full head transplanted, it rarely ever looks good imo until you're 40-50+
Smart way to go about it

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Go for it now. I would have already done it if all I had was recession.