Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Smt not repetetive, I included Stemson to my scientific paper of "stem cell (-research)" xD

We all have some kind of Stemson fanboy vibes in us Ig lol

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking about froggy's constant negativity and hopelessness
Dear froggy,

hair loss will be cured at some point in the next few decades. Stem cell technology and research is like a train getting faster and faster, which cant be stopped! iPS-breakthrough happened 2006, so not much time between now and then. We should be happy that a fuctional hair loss cure is backed with investors. My only concern is if it will not be as effective for Androgenetic Alopecia as it would be for scarring alopecia (fungi infection/chemotherapy/etc.)

Keep a fresh mind, you dont need to be concernd, at the end its just hair, + you will have it at some point in an amazing condition.

Bye!

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear froggy,

hair loss will be cured at some point in the next few decades. Stem cell technology and research is like a train getting faster and faster, which cant be stopped! iPS-breakthrough happened 2006, so not much time between now and then. We should be happy that a fuctional hair loss cure is backed with investors. My only concern is if it will not be as effective for Androgenetic Alopecia as it would be for scarring alopecia (fungi infection/chemotherapy/etc.)

Keep a fresh mind, you dont need to be concernd, at the end its just hair, + you will have it at some point in an amazing condition.

Bye!
Inspirational
1622401217225.gif

Though for Stemson to be successful in a few decades would be highly unlikely. Their whole operation would collapse well before that, they would not receive any more funding from Allergan nor Fortunis. If they are to be successful it would have to be in the coming 3/4 years. Their clinical trials are highly likely to take place next year some time, a few decades for commercialization since the starting of their human clinical trials is impossible my friend.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Inspirational
View attachment 163296
Though for Stemson to be successful in a few decades would be highly unlikely. Their whole operation would collapse well before that, they would not receive any more funding from Allergan nor Fortunis. If they are to be successful it would have to be in the coming 3/4 years. Their clinical trials are highly likely to take place next year some time, a few decades for commercialization since the starting of their human clinical trials is impossible my friend.
Yeah I was just saying that at maximum we will have a(/n) (affordable) cure at some point in the next 20 years (from now - 2041).Wether it will be Stemson or some other company popping out. Hope you get my point.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was just saying that at maximum we will have a(/n) (affordable) cure at some point in the next 20 years (from now - 2041).Wether it will be Stemson or some other company popping out. Hope you get my point.
I see okay I thought you meant it won’t be before decades we see a cure, my bad. I mean $40-$60K wouldn’t be too bad considering what the payoff is, but that obviously is subjective.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see okay, I mean $40-$60K wouldn’t be too bad considering what the payoff is, but that obviously is subjective.
Sure, but it's still much for the majority.
I do agree with you that it isn't a bad trade. Depends on the personal view (and standards) however.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inspirational
View attachment 163296
100% true

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see okay I thought you meant it won’t be before decades we see a cure, my bad. I mean $40-$60K wouldn’t be too bad considering what the payoff is, but that obviously is subjective.
Hello, for know, where did you get this price range?

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The price has been constantly discussed over and over on this thread, this is my last time rehashing it. Hamilton (the business mind behind Stemson) did say that this is intended for the wider population and not the select few, another point is that this procedure is not going to be successful or last if only a selected number of patients can afford such a procedure. Stemson have also already quoted the number 30k-50k in reference to the market they're looking to capture.

Last edited:

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a quote by the great @Pls_NW-1 which makes sense to me.
It is indeed not like they said what their charging range will be. But referring to "bad treatments" (in their pov) and calling them out as costly sounds like; "yeah, our treatment will be definitely curative and not as costly as a normal transplant (in terms of price-performance ratio). Hope this clarifies for you something. Imo we won't see Stemson charging six figures, they want to deliver for the masses, and Cellino can as well provide some good tech, for trying to achieve that.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's quite the departure from you frequently saying it'd take ~50 years for a cure ;)