Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned back then that Stemson NEEDS to show something on humans this decade or even to proof the concept on humans the next years in order to "stay alive".

Can someone back this up and/or explaining the reason for it? Would be really helpful, to understand it in a better context.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with ips cells is that they are known to cause cancer. Unfortunately, they don't have much experience with it. So treatment with Stemson must also be potentially cancerous. This is a huge disadvantage for me, as I do not want to take such risks. Does anyone know more about this?
I think they don't implant iPSc's, much more they implant within the scaffold the differentiated DPc's and Ec's.

frank33

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with ips cells is that they are known to cause cancer. Unfortunately, they don't have much experience with it. So treatment with Stemson must also be potentially cancerous. This is a huge disadvantage for me, as I do not want to take such risks. Does anyone know more about this?
From this prospective Tsuji's method is the dangerous one, because stemson create the HF outside of your body and then implant it like you would in a hair transplant.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned back then that Stemson NEEDS to show something on humans this decade or even to proof the concept on humans the next years in order to "stay alive".

Can someone back this up and/or explaining the reason for it? Would be really helpful, to understand it in a better context.
Since Stemson doesn't have revenue, they will need to raise additional funds in order to survive. The only way they will be able to raise such additional funds is if they show progress in their research - pre clinical trials included. Otherwise investors won't want to put more money in them. This is probably what happened with Organ Tech.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since Stemson doesn't have revenue, they will need to raise additional funds in order to survive. The only way they will be able to raise such additional funds is if they show progress in their research - pre clinical trials included. Otherwise investors won't want to put more money in them. This is probably what happened with Organ Tech.
I hope that my gen is the last balding generation.

Tbh all companies seem pretty fishy, I doubt there will be something like a "cure"
(Am 17yo now)

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure whether anyone has seen this before but I just found this video which is basically a summary of what we know by Stemson's CEO Geoff Hamilton:

Not much we didn't know already but he's confirmed that the pigs are going to be their model for human clinical trials. Also, they were targeting the end of 2020 for their $15M Series A Funding. While they likely haven't met their target (else they'd probably have announced it), hopefully the fact that they're currently hiring a histotechnician is an indication of some success in that matter.

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure whether anyone has seen this before but I just found this video which is basically a summary of what we know by Stemson's CEO Geoff Hamilton:

Not much we didn't know already but he's confirmed that the pigs are going to be their model for human clinical trials. Also, they were targeting the end of 2020 for their $15M Series A Funding.
Corona and the movement to the UK might pushed back some goals, everything is always delayed, somehow.

Great find, thank you very much!

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

Not much we didn't know already but he's confirmed that the pigs are going to be their model for human clinical trials. Also, they were targeting the end of 2020 for their $15M Series A Funding. While they likely haven't met their target (else they'd probably have announced it), hopefully the fact that they're currently hiring a histotechnician is an indication of some success in that matter.
100% had their research/goals set back by at least 6 months. Almost every single biotech research company in Europe/North America has.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
100% had their research/goals set back by at least 6 months. Almost every single biotech research company in Europe/North America has.
Yeah, though this presentation was made last September in the midst of the pandemic, so I'd assume (or at least hope) that setbacks had already been accounted for by then.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
They're still based in San Diego..

I thought they are planning to move to the UK... might take a year or a few more :p

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought they are planning to move to the UK... might take a year or a few more :p
Well they're still hiring for their new position in the US so it's possible that the press release about moving to the UK was just some publicity stunt to benefit Fortunis.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably not the most credible but Fortunis' COO says Stemson has shown success in pigs already 32:42 and that the transplanted hair will last the rest of their life at 33:15.

If that is true... Stemson, no Hamilton and Alexey will be richer than Bezos tf.

They will rule the world in the cosmetic industry

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate this more? Thanks!
they didnt mention anything in depth but they said they are using a specific type of pluripotent embryonic stem cell (neural crest cell) which gives rise to a handful of derivates like neural and connective tissue. They are not traditionally used for hair follicle formation but they found a way for it to produce hair follicles