Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So how long will it take for them to come up with something that will be marketable. 10 years? 12 years? 15 years?

I am 33 now. I can't wait another 20 years. I will probably have to do a hair transplant within the next 5 years and continuing Big 3 + maybe "Breezula".
It will depend on how well things go in the pre clinical studies they are about to start (or have started recently). If everything goes right I would say in 3-4 years the procedure will be commercially available somehow but it will be supply constrained in the beginning.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh well... same story again... nobody wants to fund Stemson. A shame they have to waste a year for finding investors instead of continuing research. All great breakthroughs in this field get abandoned because of financial conditions, no support, no funding.
WTF are you babbling about dude.

They have solid investors. They are not "wasting a year" looking for investors, they already have a about a dozen of scientists working full time for the company, it's fully operational. Also they could have raised their series A already and we don't know. Companies usually announce this kind of thing months after if happened.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how long will it take for them to come up with something that will be marketable. 10 years? 12 years? 15 years?

I am 33 now. I can't wait another 20 years. I will probably have to do a hair transplant within the next 5 years and continuing Big 3 + maybe "Breezula".
Eh, if it's going to work and be marketable it'd be within the decade. The company is a start up and will be long bankrupt if the process took any longer. I don't know why people are so critical of companies/startups like these. Even if they fail, more and more companies will move into the space and the competition will push a real product to market.

Last edited:

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will depend on how well things go in the pre clinical studies they are about to start (or have started recently). If everything goes right I would say in 3-4 years the procedure will be commercially available somehow but it will be supply constrained in the beginning.
That's quite optimistic, wouldn't they still need to go through years of human clinical trials in a best case scenario?

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, every reasonable startup does not generate any sales for almost 10-20 years. Example: Biontech, Curevac, Moderna, Starlink, Spacex, Samumed and much more.
I would hope that isn't the case with Stemson. I understand if there's no profit in the first ten years but hopefully not sales.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's quite optimistic, wouldn't they still need to go through years of human clinical trials in a best case scenario?
We don't know. Maybe they could offer the treatment under certain conditions and in certain countries even before they finish the trials.

Dr. Terskikh said in last October "3, 4 years, probably more than that" when asked about a timeline.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, every reasonable startup does not generate any sales for almost 10-20 years. Example: Biontech, Curevac, Moderna, Starlink, Spacex, Samumed and much more.
Remove the space startups (irrelevant) and focus on the biotech and yeah it's about 10-15~ years on average. Stemson is about 3 years into the process, but the 10-15 is an average, many biotech companies have pushed products to market sooner.

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Clinical trials in 1.5 years !
I think we knew that already. I mean, they still need to move to the UK and then start their Series A: rising 15M$ and conducting pig trails. After that they might start human trials. Am I right!?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it comes out that the pig trials failed or didn't restore fully the hair, they might close shop lol

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you guys need to chill. Job postings usually expire automatically so you have to repost them again.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
you guys need to chill. Job postings usually expire automatically so you have to repost them again.
haha. You pick on every little thing to claim Tsuji is a failure, but you will bend over backward making excuses for Stemson. You are such a fanboy. You expect us to believe that Stemson has expiring job postings on their website? I just checked the source code and confirmed this isn't the case.