Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 months ago
they are moving really fast. if thats true and they are working in silence thats respectable too. They don't seem like the type to announce every little small detail. They are really focused on human trials. They have good partners so if they keep proving the tech in lab then they will keep getting funding

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
would be awesome. Why not credible?
Well perhaps he has more information than us but I'm a bit skeptical because he's not a part of Stemson. It'd mean a lot more coming from Dr. Terskikh or Hamilton. It's also possible he's not really sure what he's saying, especially with regards to cloned hair lasting forever.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what made me very happy now is that fortunis says that the hair stays forever. Do you guys have an explanation for this?
is that true?
Nothing Stemson has said that's available to the public (that I know about) confirms this. It could just be speculation on the Fortunis COO's part. But fingers crossed it's true and he has far more information than us.

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
what made me very happy now is that fortunis says that the hair stays forever. Do you guys have an explanation for this?
is that true?
I think it stays for ever... like our prior hair did, but over time, they get exposed to androgens. Hope you get what I mean :')

So this means every 10-15 years new transplant.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fortunis' COO states at 32:40 that Stemson's solution would allow you to get your teenage density back as well as restating that the cloned hairs will never bald:

@trialAcc Would you happen to have any insight on whether he is legally allowed to make claims like that without a solid basis?

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it stays for ever... like our prior hair did, but over time, they get exposed to androgens. Hope you get what I mean :')

So this means every 10-15 years new transplant.
I think you're saying two opposite things. For most people it really comes down to whether the cloned hairs are DHT resistant. They'll either last many decades if so, thin out to vellus hairs within a decade for more aggressive hair loss sufferers if they aren't.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the same claim made by every cell therapy company ever. They take cells from the donor area so in theory will have the same gene expression as donor hair.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you're saying two opposite things. For most people it really comes down to whether the cloned hairs are DHT resistant. They'll either last many decades if so, thin out to vellus hairs within a decade for more aggressive hair loss sufferers if they aren't.
Sorry I did not express myself really well.

I think that the "new" follicles will just die off as our prior did. They will be "permanent", but over time miniaturize again due to androgens.

I can't seem to find a proof that these follicles would be androgen resistant, when using their tec., as they just take a blood draw, and not the follicle from the back. Dr. Tsuji's method is more interesting when it depends on multiplicating existing (androgen-resistant) follicles.

Tho I can be totally wrong. Can someone break this up? I mean, we still know almost NOTHING lol.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
15-20 years would be enough for me. I'm 23 now.
43 and than again.
I'm afraid if it only takes 2-5 years
Yeah same, we shouldnt believe on the claims of the COO. Its their job to try to convince and attract many more investors.

It may be that stemson has problems with the cycling of the follicle or idk.

We should wait for more confirmed informations by Stemson Therapeutics.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the time this is available we'll have plenty more maintenance options available to us. Not concerned about how susceptible these follicles are to miniaturisation as long as they give teenage density back as they say.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the time this is available we'll have plenty more maintenance options available to us. Not concerned about how susceptible these follicles are to miniaturisation as long as they give teenage density back as they say.
If you are willing to even take anti androgens and do these procedures, you will most likely have more hair than a non-hairloss sufferer. Lol

But thats... quite optional.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fortunis' COO states at 32:40 that Stemson's solution would allow you to get your teenage density back as well as restating that the cloned hairs will never bald:

@trialAcc Would you happen to have any insight on whether he is legally allowed to make claims like that without a solid basis?
They can make legitimately whatever claims they want as far as I know, it's just an overview of their investment portfolio and they are not a public company. The claim doesn't even need to be true, he's likely mostly saying the intended use of the underlying technology.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol if he was, he'd literally have no time to spend in here ! Trust me.
My work schedule is only slightly less then that of an investment banker. It just so happens that all of our teams are working 100% remote and I have my personal PC running beside my work setup.

Superman H_M

My Regimen
Reaction score
My work schedule is only slightly less then that of an investment banker. It just so happens that all of our teams are working 100% remote and I have my personal PC running beside my work setup.
My buddies doing 9am-2am on a daily lol !