Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You fail to understand this is not about funding or start date at this stage. Other user tried to explain you but your in denial.
You guys are enchanted by their fluffy press release. If their approach didn’t have its own problems they wouldn’t be moving so slowly in basically every main company metric.

Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Truth be told in the biotech sector, true novel solutions take not years but decade(s) to reach commercial release, so it’s not Stemson’s fault per se that they are not making progress as fast as we want. I just hope they don’t run out of money and keep pushing it as long as it takes to cross the finish line.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are enchanted by their fluffy press release. If their approach didn’t have its own problems they wouldn’t be moving so slowly in basically every main company metric.

Well, at least we have a pretty decent mouse pic with human hair, seven months later, lol.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Highly doubt thats their target market though. Im seeing through Androgenetic Alopecia glasses obviously
Well it also can't work in Androgenetic Alopecia if perifollicular fibrosis is so bad there isn't a functional follicle anymore. Then it's the same thing.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way does finasteride prevent perifollicular fibrosis from occurring if you start taking it early enough?

Also are there any drugs on the horizon to reverse fibrosis? The reprogramming approach was able to regenerate a crushed optic nerve in mice, so is it possible it can regenerate a hair follicle too?

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only problem with the dNovo idea is that the production of hair in the human body is not as simple a process as it may seem. Therefore, in order to offer customers a proven solution, dNovo must improve its technology in such a way that the artificially programmed stem cells are able to transform into the entire infrastructure needed for uniform hair production over the entire area subjected to transplantation. So far, no lab has succeeded in this trick.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way does finasteride prevent perifollicular fibrosis from occurring if you start taking it early enough?
Yes
Also are there any drugs on the horizon to reverse fibrosis?
Doesn't do any good if the hair follicle is already gone.
The reprogramming approach was able to regenerate a crushed optic nerve in mice, so is it possible it can regenerate a hair follicle too?
The problem is dNovo is only reprogramming mesenchymal cells afaik. They can't generate a new hair follicle on their own. They also need epithelial cells. It's the interaction between the two that grows a hair shaft.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only problem with the dNovo idea is that the production of hair in the human body is not as simple a process as it may seem. Therefore, in order to offer customers a proven solution, dNovo must improve its technology in such a way that the artificially programmed stem cells are able to transform into the entire infrastructure needed for uniform hair production over the entire area subjected to transplantation. So far, no lab has succeeded in this trick.
You pretty much know nothing about their mathod. You just know the results looks great.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my opinion is worth nothing, I'm just a regular internet dude
but if someone has been following the topic of hair cloning for years, in my opinion everything indicates that Stemson has problems, human trials were supposed to be in 2021, it's 2022 and Hamilton talks about several years of trying on pigs, imo he only makes a good face for a bad game , of course I would like them to succeed, but on the other hand their solution will cost a fortune, imo it is the same price as Tsuji, I hope that dnovo will do it cheaper and faster than Stemson, they do not use ipsc cells .. ...
i dont think you are just a regular internet dude, I think you are a massive moron that pollutes this thread to death and has no genuine opinion, someone who follows reactionary news like a sheep and changes his opinion like his diapers. today you say stemson will succeed but only in 10 years, tomorrows you will proclaim that stemson has failed(lmao) and then it'll be something else. someone who acts as I they are a prime customer who personally deserves weekly updates from a privately held biotech company because his incel *** is going bald. someone who knows nothing about early stage biontech companies but thinks he is an expert on it, someone who just generally loves too radiate baseless unfounded negativity and loves to engage in endless nonsense speculations without any data at hand. and someone who single handedly is ruining this thread

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont think you are just a regular internet dude, I think you are a massive moron that pollutes this thread to death and has no genuine opinion, someone who follows reactionary news like a sheep and changes his opinion like his diapers. today you say stemson will succeed but only in 10 years, tomorrows you will proclaim that stemson has failed(lmao) and then it'll be something else. someone who acts as I they are a prime customer who personally deserves weekly updates from a privately held biotech company because his incel *** is going bald. someone who knows nothing about early stage biontech companies but thinks he is an expert on it, someone who just generally loves too radiate baseless unfounded negativity and loves to engage in endless nonsense speculations without any data at hand. and someone who single handedly is ruining this thread
none of us have a clue what stemson is doing and whether it will be successful, but you will probably admit that it is not going according to plan, because human trials were supposed to start in 2021, you are right i don't know anything about hair cloning, but you or anyone else on this forum knows as much as I do, which means nothing, your knowledge is based on what you read on the internet

some of this forum live their dreams - stemson in 5 years for 50k $: D nobody forbids it, remember the plane flying to dr Tsuji?

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
none of us have a clue what stemson is doing and whether it will be successful, but you will probably admit that it is not going according to plan, because human trials were supposed to start in 2021, you are right i don't know anything about hair cloning, but you or anyone else on this forum knows as much as I do, which means nothing, your knowledge is based on what you read on the internet

some of this forum live their dreams - stemson in 5 years for 50k $: D nobody forbids it, remember the plane flying to dr Tsuji?

On the whole, there is too little investment in hair cloning. Couple of million here and there, but that's it. If Bezos would have wanted a full mane, we would go much, much faster.

Bezos is interested in becoming young again and has invested in that field. Bet we will see tangible results there before we see them in hair multiplication.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the whole, there is too little investment in hair cloning. Couple of million here and there, but that's it. If Bezos would have wanted a full mane, we would go much, much faster.

Bezos is interested in becoming young again and has invested in that field. Bet we will see tangible results there before we see them in hair multiplication.
I'd rather be young again then I can wait for my hair 50 years: D longer

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd rather be young again then I can wait for my hair 50 years: D longer

I think that technology will come to market, but I guess it will cost a pretty penny. Just like hair cloning, whether we will get it from Stemson / Dnovo / somebody else.

Do you have the money to pay for it if it will be there?

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that technology will come to market, but I guess it will cost a pretty penny. Just like hair cloning, whether we will get it from Stemson / Dnovo / somebody else.

Do you have the money to pay for it if it will be there?
do you seriously think that rejuvenation will be done with a few billionaires in mind?: D