Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you seriously think that rejuvenation will be done with a few billionaires in mind?: D
Bit off-topic, but the rich and famous are where it starts. Whether it will be rejuvenation, hair cloning or whatever else comes along.

When those groups are done, the price will probably lower to a more reasonable amont.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bit off-topic, but the rich and famous are where it starts. Whether it will be rejuvenation, hair cloning or whatever else comes along.

When those groups are done, the price will probably lower to a more reasonable amont.
yes that is true, but i think You should be as rich as Bezos, but true everything is only for rich

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
some of this forum live their dreams - stemson in 5 years for 50k $: D nobody forbids it, remember the plane flying to dr Tsuji?
Dude, you have serious trouble even at understanding the basics of the different hair cloning approaches better yet putting prices on it.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not hope it will be cheap, why would stemson be cheaper than the price Tsuji gave, explain it to me?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not hope it will be cheap, why would stemson be cheaper than the price Tsuji gave, explain it to me?
Why should I? Do your research, at least read Hamilton latest interviews before making those statements.

Nobody is saying new tech its going to be cheap but comparing Tsuji with Stemson shows how ignorant you are right now.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Science and technology are improving all the time.

Stemson is doing very complex thing. They are creating mini organs. Plus, they are building infrastructure how to deliver this technology to bigger population.

Only this month there were 2 big breakthroughs from Japanese scientists.

A chemically-defined plastic scaffold for the xeno-free production of human pluripotent stem cells​

Stemson are working with scaffolds and hPSCs.

New humanoid robod LabDroid. LabDroid will work on clinical research and trials regards cells and gene therapies, so in future we will not need 50 people to do all the lab things when therapies will be on market. Robots will do 24 hours for massive production and high quality. This is very important thing. You can create product, but how you will deliver to big population worldwide. It will require massive infrastructure, scientists, training, people...

Science is going step by step. Not like we want it, but every technology will improve over time, and Stemson and all other hair loss therapies will not be perfect when they will be on market at the beginning. It will take years and years to bring them to perfection. Just compare TVs, computers, cell phones 15 years ago and now.

With the new technology and knowledge, scientists now can creative big population of stem cells with high quality and control them. That was not possible 5-6 years ago. With advancing CRISPR-Cas9 or organoids they can now create superior models for drug testing and predict the results, which was not possible 10 years ago...

I don’t believe that Stemson therapy will be on market in next 5-6 years, but they are working on something bigger that future generations will benefit. Not us for sure.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that is why I signed up for cryonics, the future will be bright but not for people over 30, only younger generation will benefit from it

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting cryonics right now is probably a bad idea because the cryoprotectant used is still not that great. However they are developing a new technique that involves helium persufflation and is supposed to be much better at preserving the body in a state that we can actually realistically bring it back.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is that for a biotech company, $ 22.5M raised (Stemsons number) means you are severely underfunded.

I’ve sad it before, It took BILLIONS before, for instance, Moderna was able to bring something to the market.

Let’s face it, by the energy and “optimism” Geoff is showing during his last presentations, Stemson is probably taking a beating in the pigs research and their hairs probably currently look like pubes at best. The size of the problem they are trying to solve is gigantic and they needed a team at least 5-10 bigger to make it for a fair game.
I'm glad you bring that thought up. It seems whenever the pigs issue is raised, all goes silent. I brought it up with the company (Stemson Therapeutics), contacting Amy Caterina by email. She usually replies to me but bringing up the pig issues and asking whether they started and what the progress is like so far and no reply. If there was good news, don't you think they'd be broadcasting their successes? Success usually breeds more success and more outside funding. If only we knew what was going on behind the scenes.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad you bring that thought up. It seems whenever the pigs issue is raised, all goes silent. I brought it up with the company (Stemson Therapeutics), contacting Amy Caterina by email. She usually replies to me but bringing up the pig issues and asking whether they started and what the progress is like so far and no reply. If there was good news, don't you think they'd be broadcasting their successes? Success usually breeds more success and more outside funding. If only we knew what was going on behind the scenes.
the results of the pig trials should come this year, I'm betting near the end

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the results of the pig trials should come this year, I'm betting near the end
This is good to know. So then why the pessimism regarding the pig trials I'm reading all over this thread? I think the main reason people here feel pessimistic is that we want answers and instead we are getting uninspiring interviews with Geoff Hamilton telling us that we're not close to being provided a solution. Worse yet is information being related to Spense Kobren privately. What is he being told that cannot be shared and for what reasons? Secrecy with those counting on you doesn't build trust. Starting at 49:45 he gets into this: The Future of Hair Regeneration -The Bald Truth - February 11th, 2022 - YouTube I must salute that caller who prompted the question, so we're not left totally in the dark.

And with dNovo bio, are they creating cloning or just hair regeneration? It seems news about them is fairly recent so want to get the real scoop about what is going on there. Stupid as it seems I feel more confident they will produce the hair quality we want. Those photos with the mice looked like strong quality hairs that look cosmetically acceptable, thick, deeply colored and all flowing in the same direction. The downside is they're a team of just 3 people and not yet working with pigs or other creatures with similar skin to humans. Seeing the great results dNovo bio had on the mice I'd be more confident they could give me similar results. Problem is growing hair on mice is simple compared to other beings. I hope they start getting investors to grow their research and staff.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is good to know. So then why the pessimism regarding the pig trials I'm reading all over this thread? I think the main reason people here feel pessimistic is that we want answers and instead we are getting uninspiring interviews with Geoff Hamilton telling us that we're not close to being provided a solution. Worse yet is information being related to Spense Kobren privately. What is he being told that cannot be shared and for what reasons? Secrecy with those counting on you doesn't build trust. Starting at 49:45 he gets into this: The Future of Hair Regeneration -The Bald Truth - February 11th, 2022 - YouTube I must salute that caller who prompted the question, so we're not left totally in the dark.

And with dNovo bio, are they creating cloning or just hair regeneration? It seems news about them is fairly recent so want to get the real scoop about what is going on there. Stupid as it seems I feel more confident they will produce the hair quality we want. Those photos with the mice looked like strong quality hairs that look cosmetically acceptable, thick, deeply colored and all flowing in the same direction. The downside is they're a team of just 3 people and not yet working with pigs or other creatures with similar skin to humans. Seeing the great results dNovo bio had on the mice I'd be more confident they could give me similar results. Problem is growing hair on mice is simple compared to other beings. I hope they start getting investors to grow their research and staff.

Could there be a reason for a company to play down the results that it has actually achieved? To me it seems unlikely, like you want to create as much hype to attract as much investment as possible, but maybe there is a reason to stay quiet? Maybe to not alarm the competition or so? Just thinking out loud.

Otherwise, maybe the two can partner? Dnovo provides the hair while Stemson got pigs :)

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could there be a reason for a company to play down the results that it has actually achieved? To me it seems unlikely, like you want to create as much hype to attract as much investment as possible, but maybe there is a reason to stay quiet? Maybe to not alarm the competition or so? Just thinking out loud.

Otherwise, maybe the two can partner? Dnovo provides the hair while Stemson got pigs :)
Guys they've told you where they are multiple times in interviews and from the conference presentation. They've openly said they are having more difficulties with yields and early characteristics then they anticipated. They are not downplaying anything, they're being open and upfront about their progress. They don't need to hype up random people over the internet with their results, they have massive backers who will give them all the money they need when they have a successful final animal (pig) model.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My thought about dNovo bio that is troubling is their size. Only 3 people! Yikes! Compare that to Stemson Therapeutics having around 2 dozen people with specialized areas of knowledge and a lot more money. What's the likelihood of dNovo bio making a leap in progress having so few individuals working there? They need to expand their size. The good thing is they got money granted to them too, around 2.2 million or so but their minimal funding will hold them back too. They need to attract more investment somehow to expand. The need for funding is crucial just to do pre-clinical and clinical trials. Then there's salaries, machinery needed, outside help, utilities, etc. Government wastes so much of our money on things that make us miserable (likely causing us to lose our hair) but to do something with our money that can benefit people's quality of life somehow that is not the case. If any group had unlimited money I'm wondering how much faster progress would come? For example, does Stemson Therapeutics have enough money right now to do everything they need or are certain things lacking due to lack of funds?