Spectral DNC-N nanoxidil

Reaction score
Svetliy said:
btw, i've just found the old bottle of dnc i had, and this is what captured my attention: dnc is marketed as "hair loss treatment" while dnc-n as "hair support system". does anybody have any thoughts regarding this?

Probably because Nanoxidil has not been tested and approved by the FDA as a hair growth product, so the maker can't advertise it in the same way as minoxidil.

abraxas678

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am using Minoxidil for 3+ year now off-label (on my face and not my head). If you use minoxidil on other places of your body, the risk of side-effects is certainly increased.

So why am I telling you that? I switched to DNC-N like 3 weeks ago and experienced no side effects at all. I think this might be of interest to you guys! My off-label usage would bring possible side effects to the surface much faster than by using it on your head. I consider DNC-N a minoxidil solution, encapsulated in nanosomes ... nothing more nothing less. I think there is more marketing than science behind this 'new' product.

It's too early to tell you if it's working, right now i can just judge on it's safety - and with no sides so far, I am happy about the product.

Cheers!
Abraxas

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dude you've just joined and already promoting a product... hmm :innocent:

abraxas678

Reaction score
2020 said:
dude you've just joined and already promoting a product... hmm :innocent:

what shall i say ... ? am not getting money for that, neither I am working for spectral ... but i am reading posts on hairlosstalk.com for more than 3 years now and finally there is a topic where I could add some info... i registered and wanted to share my experiences. :sobbing:

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Bryan said:
franky123 said:
Your paying double for something for which you have no idea wether its effective or not.

Agreed. Let's wait for clinical trials published in a medical journal (even just ONE such trial), before assuming that it grows any hair at all on human heads.

Are we talking about Proxiphen here? :woot:

Are you gonna address this, bryan? or are you gonna cower away and pretend that you didn't see jacob's post?

Will the shameless and hypocritical bryan continue to unabashedly spew his filthy promotion for proxiphen? Will the sun rise in the east again? inductive reasoning dictates, yes.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
jksl said:
Are you gonna address this, bryan? or are you gonna cower away and pretend that you didn't see jacob's post?

[other useless garbage deleted]

I don't generally reply to Jacob, unless I'm just extremely bored and looking for something to do. You're about to join that rank yourself, by the way.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
jksl said:

[other useless garbage deleted]

I don't generally reply to Jacob, unless I'm just extremely bored and looking for something to do. You're about to join that rank yourself, by the way.

LOL! You WERE responding to me all the time, but picking and choosing which ones to respond to...ones you thought you actually had something to gain on by doing so. Then a few days ago you said you weren't going to respond to me anymore(well after the post jksl bumped up here)...then you picked one(once again) to respond to...I pointed out you said you were done responding to me..then you went silent again....now we'll see.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:

There was no need to type all that. "I will cower away" would have sufficed.

justinstocks

Reaction score
amid the bombshell allegations that bryan keeps contradicting himself it seems everyone has missed the strangest thing in this thread ... abraxas seems to be saying that he has been applying minoxidil to his FACE for 3+ years !!! why on earth would anyone do that ?

he also says he thinks nanoxill is just minoxill encapsulated when earlier in the thread is been explained its not ...

abraxas , please post some photos , i would love to see how your face looks !

justinstocks

Reaction score
now for an update ...

been using for just over 3 month now and results are ok but not spectacular ...

my hairline at the front has quite a lot of the thin slightly coloured regrowth but i dont think they are going to grow into " real " strong hairs , they just feel too thin and weak .

the crown however feesl and looks better , the horseshoe shape i have there looks fuller but its full of the same weak hairs i have at the front so not brilliant .

going to give it another 3 months till i make a judgement on this stuff , good luck everyone else !

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
justin, what's the rest of your regimen? Are you using finasteride + minoxidil as well as this stuff, and what was your regrowth like from those treatments before you started the nanoxidil?

justinstocks

Reaction score
hairhoper - been on finasteride approx 1.5 years and before starting dnc-n i was using minoxidil for approx 3 years but using low dose for the last 4 month due to sides ...

i had a lot of regrowth when on finasteride + minoxidil (good strong hairs) but as i reduced minoxidil dosage i started lose it again.

when i started dnc-n i had a medium sized shed then a burst of regrowth which seems to have steadied out now.

as i said though the hairs i have gained from dnc-n are only the thin wispy type but they do help make my hair look thicker !

hope this helps

Experienced Member
Reaction score
justinstocks said:
hairhoper - been on finasteride approx 1.5 years and before starting dnc-n i was using minoxidil for approx 3 years but using low dose for the last 4 month due to sides ...

i had a lot of regrowth when on finasteride + minoxidil (good strong hairs) but as i reduced minoxidil dosage i started lose it again.

when i started dnc-n i had a medium sized shed then a burst of regrowth which seems to have steadied out now.

as i said though the hairs i have gained from dnc-n are only the thin wispy type but they do help make my hair look thicker !

hope this helps

how long does one bottle of spectral dnc-n last?

eclipsegum

Reaction score
So I ordered some of the DNC-N but have not received it yet, but since my order I tried to find more info on "Nanoxidil" and have not found anything.

-There is no patent filed for "Nanoxidil", if this was a new molecule why would they not patent it?

-As far as I can tell, Divine Skin and its subsidiaries do not have any patents at all, nor is there any patents for management

-The company is publicly traded OTC. Based on their filings they state "The Company does not engage in research and development as defined in ASC 730, 'Research and Development.' However, the Company does incur formulation costs that include salaries, materials and consultant fees. These costs are classified as product development and reported as part of selling and marketing expenses in the statements of operations."

According to Wiley's CPA review, research is "planned search or critical investigation aimed at discovery of new knowledge with hope that such knowledge will be useful in developing a new product or service or a new process or technique in bringing about a significant improvement to an existing product or process"

Development is "the translation of research findings or other knowledge into a plan or design for a new product or process or for a significant improvement to an existing product or process whether in-tended for sale or use."

According to the company website, DS Labroratories:
" Each DS Laboratories product is a genuine innovation and the result of a blank-slate approach to product development.

Completely ignoring market trends, we pursue only breakthrough technologies and create solutions that combine the latest clinical research. Therefore using a DS Laboratories product is to experience a complete rethinking of product function, unparalleled standards of quality, and a completely performance driven philosophy – it is really unlike anything else.

This effort has generated dozens of new technologies that have revolutionized various therapies and ultimately improved the quality of life for many of our customers. And even though we have modest resources compared to some of the world’s pharmaceutical giants, many of these multinationals have partnered with us to gain access to some of this innovation. Many often wonder how we do it, and really what gives DS Laboratories this venerable presence is the relentless pursuit of innovation with boundless passion."

Also, they state "We will rigorously test and verify all claims through double-blind clinical studies. If a compound or ingredient has not been verified through such means, then it will not be used in our products. DS Laboratories is one of the very few cosmetic companies that conducts its own in-house double-blind clinical testing with human volunteers."

So based on the Wiley accounting definition Divine Skin should have R&D costs; but they don't. So either the company's SEC filings are inaccurate or their website is just marketing BS.

Finally, I am no expert on FDA regulations, but if this was a new molecule wouldn't it have to go under FDA approval unless it is natural? The company does follow FDA regulation as it has higher than 5% minoxidil and finasteride formulas that it does not sell in the U.S.

TLDR;
-The company and its executives have no patents under their name
-The company's public filings state it does not have any expenditures that need to be classified as R&D
-There is no evidence of these double blind studies being performed
-A new molecule should need FDA approval

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cheers Justin, I'm still a skeptic. This nanoxidil still makes absolutely no sense but still keeping options open. If it's really working for you then great, please start taking pics and post them asap :)

Thx for your research eclipse, yeah part of me still thinks DS labs are just really shady middlemen, putting together freely available sh*t with loads of marketing spin.

I know I am (or think I am) an ultra-honest-c*** but if I ran a site selling minoxidil products I'd try my hardest to make it clear and simple and not like DS labs where every product is some damn 'future tech' terminator 2 bullshit.

Wish there weren't so many assholes out there so all this stuff would just be obvious.

verbs

Reaction score
i've been on since dec 14, i'm 30 yrs old. previously have used minoxidil from 22-28, quit due to sides like eye swelling. no sides to report yet, hair looks thicker. also using topical spironolactone twice a day and prox-n once. i'll try and keep everybody updated.

roadkill2

Reaction score
I've been using spectral DNC-N for 5 weeks.

I've been holding strong at Norwoord 2.5 with proscar for eight years, and have been on and off rogaine. Rogaine does thicken up my existing hairs, but I often get lazy with using a topical.

I decided to give Spectral DNC-N a trial on my hairline to see if it would provide more mileage than rogaine foam.

Though I do see slightly more growth in the form of vellus hairs, it doesn't appear any more efficacious in promoting terminal hair growth.

I'm not discounting the value of the product. It could simply be that the hairs I'm targeting are too far gone.

There is no irritation with this product. I did get itchy scalp with the old rogaine. It is a bit messy, though.

I will report back at around three months. If the results don't improve, I will just go back to the rogaine foam in the front.

Ozai

Reaction score
was completely useless for me.. Actually? I shed a lot of hair because of that SCAM thing..

I got rid of the three bottles and sold them on the Bay for $59
AVOID!