South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

GolDRoger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, what I know is that, when cells are moving to the wound, they may end up either creating new follicle or heal the wound itself. This is what Follica is trying to do. Not sure whether this thing is aiming for the same ?

Follica is trying to transplant artificially grown stem cells into wounded scalps, right? Choi is trying to grow new follicles, but there is no transplanting involved. A peptide blocks a certain protein interaction that inhibits wound healing (and hair growing) ability, and the body starts healing and producing collagen/keratin at an accelerated rate.

GolDRoger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the biggest worry with PTD-DBM would be increased cancer risk due to increased Wnt pathway signalling... Would I be correct in thinking that?

"Since its initial discovery, Wnt signaling has had an association with cancer. When Wnt1 was discovered, it was first identified as a proto-oncogene in a mouse model for breast cancer. The fact that Wnt1 is a homolog of Wg shows that it is involved in embryonic development, which often calls for rapid cell division and migration. Misregulation of these processes can lead to tumor development via excess cell proliferation.[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wnt_signaling_pathway#Clinical_implications

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the biggest worry with PTD-DBM would be increased cancer risk due to increased Wnt pathway signalling... Would I be correct in thinking that?

"Since its initial discovery, Wnt signaling has had an association with cancer. When Wnt1 was discovered, it was first identified as a proto-oncogene in a mouse model for breast cancer. The fact that Wnt1 is a homolog of Wg shows that it is involved in embryonic development, which often calls for rapid cell division and migration. Misregulation of these processes can lead to tumor development via excess cell proliferation.[3]"

depends on how much the dvl proteins have to do with cancer , they are just one of the many signals the wnt feedback receives .There is not much online at least on this subject , but i would guess choi wouldnt bother trialing something that is carcinogenic , as they would spend millions in trials and it would be withdrawn from the market shortly after release (if it ever reached the market )

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
depends on how much the dvl proteins have to do with cancer , they are just one of the many signals the wnt feedback receives .There is not much online at least on this subject , but i would guess choi wouldnt bother trialing something that is carcinogenic , as they would spend millions in trials and it would be withdrawn from the market shortly after release (if it ever reached the market )

What is he trialling now ? Ptd-bdm or some other stuffs more effective ?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If you can buy WNT upregualtor products such as deltracin or other products containing methyl vanillate, doesnt that mean that it's a safe approach? Secondly some papers have stated that vpa or lithium were promising. I hope I don't mix everything : o

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, can't wait to hear more about this. This is the most interesting hair loss related science going on right now, in my opinion anyways.
It is extremely frustrating that PTD-DBM is a simple peptide with a publicly available structure that a lab intern could make and it will still probably take 10 years before we hear anything about it again

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is extremely frustrating that PTD-DBM is a simple peptide with a publicly available structure that a lab intern could make and it will still probably take 10 years before we hear anything about it again
honestly all i d care for is the phase 1 safety trial , its simple to synthesize , if it works you ll just buy it off alibaba soon enough

Joe Marini

My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly all i d care for is the phase 1 safety trial , its simple to synthesize , if it works you ll just buy it off alibaba soon enough
Yes, it should be simple, yet we have been delayed for months...

Source to other molecule was from email, I don't have link to that.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Agreed. I mean, we'll probably hear about it before that time, but I see your point.

Nevertheless, still very grateful that stuff like this is being discovered. At the very least it's a step in the right direction and, at best, it works as intended and we say bye to this bullshit once and for all.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You do know how univerities work right? The Prof puts his name below every paper that was done in his chair. So maybe choi is not the mastermind behind the cxxc5 thing.

Targeting of CXXC5 by a Competing Peptide Stimulates Hair Regrowth and Wound-Induced Hair Neogenesis
Author links open overlay panelSoung-HoonLee Seol HwaSeo Dong-HwanLee Long-QuanPi Won-SooLee Kang-YellChoi

Won-Soo Lee is presenting on the whcr in 240 days. I think I will go there if i can afford it. Hopefully it brings some good news.

dogman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a load of valproic acid tablets, is it worth making a topical and dermarolling with them even without the peptite?

Joe Marini

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a load of valproic acid tablets, is it worth making a topical and dermarolling with them even without the peptite?
Not really - it's the peptide by itself the one that will regrow hair. VPA is only meant to enhance the effect.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical VPA increased the total hair counts of our patients; therefore, it is a potential treatment option for Androgenetic Alopecia.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24533507

Valproic Acid Activates the Wnt/β-Catenin Pathway in Addition to the Erk and Akt Pathways
The expression of β-catenin in mouse skin was significantly increased by application of VPA, but only slightly increased by MNX (Figure 2A). MNX is known to promote hair re-growth via the Erk and Akt pathways, which are involved in the regulation of proliferation in dermal papilla cells of the hair follicle [27]. Interestingly, the activities of both Erk and Akt were similarly enhanced by treatment with either VPA or MNX (Figure 2A). The expression level of the proliferation marker PCNA was increased by application of VPA or MNX compared to control skin (Figure 2A). Thus, VPA up-regulates the Wnt/β-catenin pathway in addition to the Erk and Akt pathways, but via a different mechanism.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3323655/

I would say VPA on its own is also worth trying, since they basically claim it does the same as minoxidil, plus activation of the Wnt pathway.

What are the possible sides from valproic acid?

And does the fact that is has to do with the pathway signaling mean its effectivness would be enhanced by dermarolling?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

1808290017570105.jpg

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We'll receive the peptide next week if everything goes to plan. No need to wait 10 years ;-) Will keep you guys posted.
Please do.

Hope it works. Good luck and godspeed, bud!

Joe Marini

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure we can share all the details because of how delicate the matter is. Don't expect all the details.