South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

mecevik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, Is there anyone who speaks korean among us? Maybe We can get some information from them like when trials to start?

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
The science of all this goes over my head, but just based on the credentials of the researchers involved isn't this pretty incredible?

Look up the guy who heads this lab. This could be big for us depending on how the FDA equivalent regulatory body works in Korea.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just read through this study, and for a layman, I'm impressed with the lucidity, logic and efficiency of this study.

My understanding is this first thing about this study is it's not just another "wnt pathway induces hair growth" study. Everybody and their mother at this point knows that disruption of the wnt pathway in dermal papilla cells (DPC)results in imparied hair growth, but they've identified a protein (CXXC5) that interacts with one of the specific elements (Dvl) of the wnt pathway to disrupt it. So they know precisely what is disrupting it and where precisely it is being disrupted.

Then they've shown that CXXC5 is expressed highly in DP cells taken from human scalps with Androgenetic Alopecia. Then they've show that by disrupting CXXC5's ability to interact with Dvl by using a peptide (PTD-BDM) that "get's there before it", kind of how Finasteride does with 5ar, that wnt signaling resumes and the cell resumes its normal functioning, so normal hair growth.

Then they've shown that combining PTD-BDM and a wnt pathway activator (like VPA) makes the effect even more powerful. This is good stuff.

Then they've shown that combining PTD-BDM and a wnt pathway activator and wounding can induce follicle neogenesis.

They're actually dropping new science here. To my understanding what were looking at could be Androgenetic Alopecia's achilles heel.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what if this is it pals ?

hd9Am9n.jpg

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Armando Jose since you are one of the oldest member who joined this fourm, was it always like that with new studies that never see the light?
Do you think we are close to cure or at least a better treatment?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inb4 massive Seppukus in Riken institute if this works

seppuku.jpg

Last edited:

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
perhaps in the distant future this new drug will be the (poor-middle) man's treatment like finasteride while tsuji method will provide permanent results with a higher cost without a need to treat Androgenetic Alopecia

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
perhaps in the distant future this new drug will be the (poor-middle) man's treatment like finasteride while tsuji method will provide permanent results with a higher cost without a need to treat Androgenetic Alopecia

Undergo hair follicle primordiums grafts or rub/inject a product to get our real follicles back
Choice is obvious

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you trim the fat around your company ?

Of course, they are lazy and slow, they make me sad to look at, professor Xavier is still here tho