South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

H

Reaction score
Funny thing is most of doctors i'm friend with always told me that they will never undergo chemotherapies if they have a cancer one day, including one oncologist who died of cancer last year

Well "funny" isn't the word i should have used, but i guess some doctors know better what their own medicine could do
This is exactly my point couldn't have said it better thank you.

Trax1

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW CXXC5 could be linked with metal ions, especially with zinc. As we know zinc is good for hair and even can inhibit DHT. So we can promote zinc ions with topical zinc and iontophoresis. What do you guys think about it?

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
South Korea being one of the big key countries for cosmetic care, I think it would be fair to ask:

What are the regulations like over there?

If they’re testing CXXC5 in animals for toxicity now then maybe we can see human trials not too far off and perhaps we could see a phase 3 being skipped?

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
There was much more excitement over on reddit about this.
I remain sceptical but hopeful.
Basically in theory it is a three pronged approach:
1. USe dermarolling (?)
2. Inhibit CXXC-type zinc finger protein 5 (CXXC5)
3. Use WNT/β-catenin activator or AKA a glycogen synthase kinase 3β inhibitor AKA Valproic Acid
4. Hair profit ????

I am also theorizing that it would be great to use Samumeds compound for WNT/β-catenin pathway.

Here is the abstract from the paper:
The Wnt/β-catenin pathway has been implicated in hair follicle development and hair regeneration in adults. We discovered that CXXC-type zinc finger protein 5 (CXXC5) is a negative regulator of the Wnt/β-catenin pathway involved in hair regrowth and wound-induced hair follicle neogenesis via an interaction with Dishevelled. CXXC5 was upregulated in miniaturized hair follicles and arrector pili muscles in human balding scalps. The inhibitory effects of CXXC5 on alkaline phosphatase activity and cell proliferation were demonstrated using human hair follicle dermal papilla cells. Moreover, CXXC5−/− mice displayed accelerated hair regrowth, and treatment with valproic acid, a glycogen synthase kinase 3β inhibitor that activates the Wnt/β-catenin pathway, further induced hair regrowth in the CXXC5−/− mice. Disrupting the CXXC5-Dishevelled interaction with a competitor peptide activated the Wnt/β-catenin pathway and accelerated hair regrowth and wound-induced hair follicle neogenesis. Overall, these findings suggest that the CXXC5-Dishevelled interaction is a potential target for the treatment of hair loss.

Link to the paper: http://www.jidonline.org/article/S0022-202X(17)31555-5/fulltext

They say in the paper that the CXXC5 was upregulated in miniaturized hair follicles and arrector pili muscles in human balding scalps.
I once theorized that arector pili muscle was also part of the problem back on the other forum we don't talk about. Funny to see I was partly right if this research proves to be the real deal.

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok dudes.
1. What are the Korean drug development regulations and their time. I think they had a weak fgf9 compound which was approved and developed very quickly.
2. For most Asians hair is even bigger death sentence than white guys, it would make sense if the government would speed up the development.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everybody got hyped lol...does anyone actually know in which phase this is or what they have to accomplish to get this stuff ready for release?

İn the end it's just: mice, found a way, breakthrough, maybe a cure for baldness, bla bla bla...

Last edited:
Reactions: br1

Lapis_29

My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf? so vaproic acid is the same as depakote which is a psych med for bipolar disorder?

is no one concerned about using a psych med on your scalp?

SX of depakote - "dizziness, drowsiness, hair loss, blurred/double vision, change in menstrual periods, ringing in ears, shakiness (tremor), unsteadiness, weight changes may occur."

Did anyone use valproic acid with dermarolling ? Care to share the experience ?

Trax1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone use valproic acid with dermarolling ? Care to share the experience ?
I'm. All listed above i'm use on temples for 3 weeks:
VPA 7% dissolved in ethanol - everyday, Methyl Vanilate - 1% every day; wounding - 1.5mm once a week with 1% of LiCl;

No sides, seems that vellus hairs goes to terminal, but it's to early to claim that all of vellus become terminal.

Also i'm think about to add the cyclosporine A it should improve results by down regulation of SFRP1 (wnt inhibitor) and prevent DP cells migration (according to this https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...omote-vellus-to-terminal-reconversion.109789/ )

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
This better not turn into another brotzu thread, ill off myself far before we get to page 500 if that's the case.:)

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Isn't the problem with this the fact that there are zero plans for a market product development at this point? They made the discovery, which seems great, but, unless I'm mistaken, have there not been zero statements regarding future plans? Without bringing an overbearing pessimism to play, it seems premature, to say the least, to be claiming this as a 'cure'. It could be that 'cure' just has a negative connotation from every cueball down the last 2000 years choosing to throw it around like your sister's mother without any due merit, but it seems more appropriate to wait until further down the line to start declaring discoveries 'cures'. I think the research that these guys did is meaningful, and I hope it proves itself to be integral in solving this problem, but this is, quite literally, in the same pocket as the Brotzu lotion: the future is full of possibilities, and they could manifest as saving graces or duds. It's seems deluded, given how these things work, to sanctify something like this (or anything, really). The fact is, we're all bald until some revolutionary twat declares a concrete release date on something, which has yet to happen.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't the problem with this the fact that there are zero plans for a market product development at this point? They made the discovery, which seems great, but, unless I'm mistaken, have there not been zero statements regarding future plans? Without bringing an overbearing pessimism to play, it seems premature, to say the least, to be claiming this as a 'cure'. It could be that 'cure' just has a negative connotation from every cueball down the last 2000 years choosing to throw it around like your sister's mother without any due merit, but it seems more appropriate to wait until further down the line to start declaring discoveries 'cures'. I think the research that these guys did is meaningful, and I hope it proves itself to be integral in solving this problem, but this is, quite literally, in the same pocket as the Brotzu lotion: the future is full of possibilities, and they could manifest as saving graces or duds. It's seems deluded, given how these things work, to sanctify something like this (or anything, really). The fact is, we're all bald until some revolutionary twat declares a concrete release date on something, which has yet to happen.

This x100

It is just baffling that the same people who sh*t on late-clinical-stage companies are somehow praising this.

This is just another mouse discovery that likely will not be pursued further and never reach human trials just like countless before it.

I think that is why so many of the naysayer are so; they confuse clinical-stage products with interesting research that never went anywhere but dipshit journalists tout as "hair-raising discoveries" and baldness "cures", which of course amount to nothing.

There have been very few of the former, but countless many of the latter. Guess which category this one falls into?

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, @Admin maybe interview with these clever gentlemen? And I have some questions: What? How? Who? Where? When?