South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference i see in creating new follicles in scarred, purposely destroyed areas opposed to in areas affected by Androgenetic Alopecia is like trying to grow trees in a forest that had been destoryed by fire and one thats still actively burning.
The fire (root cause of male pattern baldness) has to be extinguished first.

Growing new hairs in scarred areas could lead to transplanting them Into the other ones. İdea of unlimited donor

H

Reaction score
Do you have any idea how unbelievably retarded this statement makes you sound?

Statements like this just prove what I've said ever since David pointed it out back when: Hairloss is a crutch for some, and they prefer having it to b**ch about.

If you're so frustrated with a company going through all of the legitimate motions because it takes a long time thanks to regulations and the nature of scientific research to the point you'd RATHER stay bald, then just take this advice:

Stop posting and reading about the research and just go through life as a bald guy — you obviously don't have that much of an issue with it if you'll forgo a working treatment because of such petty bullshit.
I wonder if Cots is using his bald spot as a crutch he has the super duper technology to turn himself into a wookie and yet he keeps that vertex spot barren devoid of all hair. It could be sentimental I guess a male pattern baldness battle scar perhaps?

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any idea how unbelievably retarded this statement makes you sound?

Statements like this just prove what I've said ever since David pointed it out back when: Hairloss is a crutch for some, and they prefer having it to b**ch about.

If you're so frustrated with a company going through all of the legitimate motions because it takes a long time thanks to regulations and the nature of scientific research to the point you'd RATHER stay bald, then just take this advice:

Stop posting and reading about the research and just go through life as a bald guy — you obviously don't have that much of an issue with it if you'll forgo a working treatment because of such petty bullshit.

First of all, didn't you f****r left forums because of recent news? Why are you here quoting my posts, go grow some hair from 15 years of Follicas research.

It took Tesla less f*****g time to make you able to quote my posts.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if Cots is using his bald spot as a crutch he has the super duper technology to turn himself into a wookie and yet he keeps that vertex spot barren devoid of all hair. It could be sentimental I guess a male pattern baldness battle scar perhaps?

You know why your little conspiracy theory — which, like so many other things, has been explained a billion times — is bullshit.

First of all, didn't you f****r left forums because of recent news? Why are you here quoting my posts, go grow some hair from 15 years of Follicas research.

It took Tesla less f*****g time to make you able to quote my posts.

Yeah, I still have most of my hair and came to the realization that there are only two companies really worth caring about and that many of you are insane. So I only occasionally lurk and read interesting tidbits (like this) if they arise.

But every once in a while, someone says something just so ridiculous that I just have to say something.

Why are you here? You'd "rather be bald", remember?

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know why your little conspiracy theory — which, like so many other things, has been explained a billion times — is bullshit.

Yeah, I still have most of my hair and came to the realization that there are only two companies really worth caring about and that many of you are insane. So I only occasionally lurk and read interesting tidbits (like this) if they arise.

But every once in a while, someone says something just so ridiculous that I just have to say something.

Why are you here? You'd "rather be bald", remember?

no need to bully the entire forum with these rants (mostly) about semantics whenever you identify some company as your best chance of avoiding going bald

Chap1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, it needs to be safe for people to use first. Testing on mice is a baby step, but seems necessary.

H

Reaction score
Now hold on just a second here what conspiracy? 1 Cots has a bald spot unless hes wearing a cap thats color is skin and only takes up the back of his head. 2 is currently supposedly developing a treatment for baldness that he is well hopefully supposed to believe in but he hasn't used it on himself or if he has I guess it didn't work out. Which one of these would you refute?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now hold on just a second here what conspiracy? 1 Cots has a bald spot unless hes wearing a cap thats color is skin and only takes up the back of his head. 2 is currently supposedly developing a treatment for baldness that he is well hopefully supposed to believe in but he hasn't used it on himself. Which one of these

Funny thing is most of doctors i'm friend with always told me that they will never undergo chemotherapies if they have a cancer one day, including one oncologist who died of cancer last year

Well "funny" isn't the word i should have used, but i guess some doctors know better what their own medicine could do

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
To anyone wanting to read this thread: there is almost NOTHING constructive in this thread regarding the topic. It's just a mix of people either asking when it will be out (wtf is wrong with you people btw? This is a study NO ONE KNOWS AND NO ONE WILL KNOW UNTIL MORE INFORMATION IS RELEASED), people bashing other posters for being skeptical, and people crying out that the cure is never gonna come.

The Reddit thread on tressless has way more constructive information on this new topic, which honestly looks rather promising. Dudes y'all seriously need to get a clue and stop flaming each other and stop asking questions that people obviously have no clear answer for, like release dates. Every new thread is exactly like this one as of late. Try to post more information on things talked about in the new study. Dig up old similar studies, etc. Have an actual constructive conversation.

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
This is actually a really exciting discovery. Here are the two Reddit threads that talk about this in much better detail than this site does.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/7fax04/a_south_korean_lab_actually_discovered_the_cure/

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/7fjb40/heres_a_link_to_the_journal_entry_of_the_new/

Also the primary researcher for this study is Kang-Yell Choi, who's a very well renouned researcher who introduced the world to scaffold proteins. This is legit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang-Yell_Choi

At least read his wiki. He's been working with cell signalling with the Wnt pathway since 1995.

Last edited:

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference i see in creating new follicles in scarred, purposely destroyed areas opposed to in areas affected by Androgenetic Alopecia is like trying to grow trees in a forest that had been destoryed by fire and one thats still actively burning.
The fire (root cause of male pattern baldness) has to be extinguished first.

We have multiple options today that while they aren't ideal, can deal with that problem (oral and topical antiandrogens). The only real tool we have for regrowth now is minoxidil, and it's aboslute dogshit for tons of people and does little to nothing unless you luck out and happen to be a good responder. Creating new follicles while maintaining on an antiandrogen would be great for situations like mine, where androgen nuking gives no regrowth but maintains well.

Last edited:

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still have my skepticism, but this finding gives me a sliver of hope in a treatment that will "cure" baldness. Overall this would be a huge breakthrough for medicine.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is actually a really exciting discovery. Here are the two Reddit threads that talk about this in much better detail than this site does.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/7fax04/a_south_korean_lab_actually_discovered_the_cure/

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/7fjb40/heres_a_link_to_the_journal_entry_of_the_new/

Also the primary researcher for this study is Kang-Yell Choi, who's a very well renouned researcher who introduced the world to scaffold proteins. This is legit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang-Yell_Choi

At least read his wiki. He's been working with cell signalling with the Wnt pathway since 1995.

And he's a full head lol

148a982c82909b385c1fe914b5aa7e9e.jpg

Attachments

• 148a982c82909b385c1fe914b5aa7e9e.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 421
  • 148a982c82909b385c1fe914b5aa7e9e.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 336

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but if estrogen affects CXX5, there's a reason why those on estrogen get crazy regrowth.

But we don't know whether or not estrogen affects CXXC5 expression in hair follicles. The only study that profiled changes in gene expression in response to estrogen was this one. It was an old study that tested only 1300 genes, and CXXC5 wasn't one of the genes tested.