South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
does follica actually work? why the self initiated delays then? FDA's order?
I honestly don't know sh*t about Follica other than they grow new hairs through wounding, the density might be sh*t but theoretically it should let people repeat until desired density. They will release a product, they are already promoting through social media and soon they'll have an app to track your progress and help you maintain your hair (assuming you need to keep adding or doing something to keep the hair idk).

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica will get FDA approval in a few weeks. This is stipulated in the product release plan. DON'T WORRY PLEASE.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking about that South Korea discovery by comparing Follica timeline
This South Korea protein could take 10+ years to come to market, IF it's viable

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not think it takes so long. The demand for new treatments is much higher than what current treatments generate.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What if a different company wants to try this same thing out, what stops other companies or people from doing this?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not think it takes so long. The demand for new treatments is much higher than what current treatments generate.

Yeah sure demand is high for new treatments, what concerns me is the jump from mice to human trials like always, so much treatments failed in this, and the safety datas needed for new drugs, this can take many years, even if people are craving for this

"The researchers are now testing animals for toxicity to this candidate drug." They are currently at this stage...

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah sure demand is high for new treatments, what concerns me is the jump from mice to human trials like always, so much treatments failed in this, and the safety datas needed for new drugs, this can take many years, even if people are craving for this

"The researchers are now testing animals for toxicity to this candidate drug." They are currently at this stage...

i know that dude on reddit might not be legit, but he was saying they had tested on humans"

"
You’ve read about a “cure” in a peer-reviewed medical journal? I’ve never heard of an any well-respected researcher purporting to have discovered a cure...maybe from industry, but nobody trusts that...

These researchers are the first that are going to come out and say it. It’ll take a little while but some human trials have already started (insider information! Lol)"

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah my concerns are the same. IT could take them up to 10 years to finish the clinical trials.

i know that dude on reddit might not be legit, but he was saying they had tested on humans"

"
You’ve read about a “cure” in a peer-reviewed medical journal? I’ve never heard of an any well-respected researcher purporting to have discovered a cure...maybe from industry, but nobody trusts that...

These researchers are the first that are going to come out and say it. It’ll take a little while but some human trials have already started (insider information! Lol)"

Who provided this insider information? You or the guy in the reddit thread? He is not a reliable source?
First he supposedly only read the paper and now he has insider info? Not sure mate. I wish it were true though. If they prove me wrong and Koreans release this soon and it really reverses hair loss. Holy sh*t that would be huge. One can only hope though.

We have been promised this so many times on the forums. I lost count...

GolDRoger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Take note of the fact that they regrew hair follicles on areas where they first physically destroyed the hair follicles by scarring them. And it worked with human cells and worked well. Thick hair regrowth and lots of new follicle regeneration.

That's an incredible result that is all the more impressive when you consider the fact that it doesn't involve stem cells or any patient-specific engineering of any kind. In theory, it may be far more accessible than what companies like Replicel are trying to do.

The idea behind this is relatively simple and straightforward, and it's worked on human cells already. We'll have to wait and see, but in my opinion there really hasn't been anything this promising in terms of new hair loss treatments, ever. I don't blame anyone for being skeptical but I have a very good feeling about this one.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Given the regulations in S.Korea and factoring in testing, what would the minimum amount of time to market be (dream scenario)?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The difference i see in creating new follicles in scarred, purposely destroyed areas opposed to in areas affected by Androgenetic Alopecia is like trying to grow trees in a forest that had been destoryed by fire and one thats still actively burning.
The fire (root cause of male pattern baldness) has to be extinguished first.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take note of the fact that they regrew hair follicles on areas where they first physically destroyed the hair follicles by scarring them. And it worked with human cells and worked well. Thick hair regrowth and lots of new follicle regeneration.

That's an incredible result that is all the more impressive when you consider the fact that it doesn't involve stem cells or any patient-specific engineering of any kind. In theory, it may be far more accessible than what companies like Replicel are trying to do.

The idea behind this is relatively simple and straightforward, and it's worked on human cells already. We'll have to wait and see, but in my opinion there really hasn't been anything this promising in terms of new hair loss treatments, ever. I don't blame anyone for being skeptical but I have a very good feeling about this one.

What we're missing is the fuckin rio poneglyph. If we can get that, then we can all set sail for the New World! Tell us where the One Piece is you bastard.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are not worried, we're sick of follica. They are retarded to the extent that if it would give full regrowth I'd rather stay bald.

Do you have any idea how unbelievably retarded this statement makes you sound?

Statements like this just prove what I've said ever since David pointed it out back when: Hairloss is a crutch for some, and they prefer having it to b**ch about.

If you're so frustrated with a company going through all of the legitimate motions because it takes a long time thanks to regulations and the nature of scientific research to the point you'd RATHER stay bald, then just take this advice:

Stop posting and reading about the research and just go through life as a bald guy — you obviously don't have that much of an issue with it if you'll forgo a working treatment because of such petty bullshit.