South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who really cares if this doesn't come out for under 5-10 years? If we find out this is legit and can regrow your hair with it Chinese labs with synthesize it and sell it, obviously not as good as reliable and cheap as it would be to buy from an actual company but it is what it is.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who really cares if this doesn't come out for under 5-10 years? If we find out this is legit and can regrow your hair with it Chinese labs with synthesize it and sell it, obviously not as good as reliable and cheap as it would be to buy from an actual company but it is what it is.

Oh yeah, who cares when it comes out? As long as we can have hair before we die right?

SheddieMurphy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not coming out for at least the next 5-10 years (if it ever comes out). I know some people on this forum like to dream but reality isn't what we wish.

I would put more hope on treatments that are currently under clinical trials.

the thing is, the guy (super reputable scientist backed up by the government, and not some "professional" hairloss researching charlatan going after easy money) claims what he's come up with is essentially the cure, including regrowth/neogenesis, so it doesnt matter so much whether it will come to fruition in 2020 or 2022.

quite different than waiting for some questionable maintenance treatment.

now, what the real value and potential of his research are, thats another story. but this forum section is about jumping on the bandwagons anyway.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
the thing is, the guy (super reputable scientist backed up by the government, and not some "professional" hairloss researching charlatan going after easy money) claims what he's come up with is essentially the cure, including regrowth/neogenesis, so it doesnt matter so much whether it will come to fruition in 2020 or 2022.

quite different than waiting for some questionable maintenance treatment.

now, what the real value and potential of his research are, thats another story. but this forum section is about jumping on the bandwagons anyway.
Yeah, but what he said was that it won’t be out for a decade... since they haven’t even started first clinical trials yet.

SheddieMurphy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but what he said was that it won’t be out for a decade... since they haven’t even started first clinical trials yet.

I missed that part. Still, I'm hopeful they'll go through trials faster if it actually works.

To be fair, most of those companies need so much time because their ideas for a product/treatment are utter trash and based on wishful thinking, and not because administration keeps blocking them. Its not that FDA is stopping Follica, for example, from actually starting their f*****g trials.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I am in my late 20s I hate that there will be no chance of looking normal again till probably my mid 30s.I feel like my late 20s are just like, canceled or fast forewarded through. I really hope this is promising, I really don't want to go on propecia. I'm a short guy, so I don't want to risk my slightly above average sized Johnson. If I lost that too I'd really feel self conscious.

I really hope they do this quickly so I can still have so years of being confident again.

I'm assuming no one knows what form this will be? Pill? Some kind of microneedlong treatment?

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I am in my late 20s I hate that there will be no chance of looking normal again till probably my mid 30s.I feel like my late 20s are just like, canceled or fast forewarded through. I really hope this is promising, I really don't want to go on propecia. I'm a short guy, so I don't want to risk my slightly above average sized Johnson. If I lost that too I'd really feel self conscious.

I really hope they do this quickly so I can still have so years of being confident again.

I'm assuming no one knows what form this will be? Pill? Some kind of microneedlong treatment?
Probably two tropicals (PTD-DBM and VPA) + wounding, I don't know in which order

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean topical?
Probably two tropicals (PTD-DBM and VPA) + wounding, I don't know in which order

I tried searching for this guys name in Korean to see if anything different came up. All the articles were pretty much the same as the English ones I saw. Also saw a video of him talking about the molecular biology department at his university or something. Idk, I don't really know Korean. I'm surprised I even got his name right to be honest :D it's 최강열 if anyone wants it. Although since it seems someone on here has his contact this probably won't be useful.

Duduu

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let the master speeks:

Any south korean out there to translate this ? It seems that south koreans hardly go bald, his team is full of full heads. Bad sign :/

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
my knowledge of korean is pretty basic, but I think he says "watch and learn, cots" in the end

You can fanboy all you want, but whether or not you want to accept it, Follica is going to be the first thing on the market that will be able to grow hair. They're also in the midst of the pre-pivotal optimization study as Noisette posted, which means they are on track to begin the pivotal this year as they stated back in 2016.

"But waaah it's over 10 years!" I hear you cry. Yeah, it's been about 12, which is nothing compared to how long plenty of this sh*t takes. Like, finasteride began development in the 70s, but didn't see a market release until the late fuckin' 90s. Most people here b**ch about that drug, despite it being the only thing that can stop your hairloss and it took way longer than anything else in the pipeline.

The cheerleading on this site is retarded: Just go with what might actually work and will be here before Musk colonizes Mars.

SheddieMurphy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can fanboy all you want, but whether or not you want to accept it, Follica is going to be the first thing on the market that will be able to grow hair. They're also in the midst of the pre-pivotal optimization study as Noisette posted, which means they are on track to begin the pivotal this year as they stated back in 2016.

"But waaah it's over 10 years!" I hear you cry. Yeah, it's been about 12, which is nothing compared to how long plenty of this sh*t takes. Like, finasteride began development in the 70s, but didn't see a market release until the late fuckin' 90s. Most people here b**ch about that drug, despite it being the only thing that can stop your hairloss and it took way longer than anything else in the pipeline.

The cheerleading on this site is retarded: Just go with what might actually work and will be here before Musk colonizes Mars.

what can I say, I hope you are right

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is this supposed to regrow all of your original hair back? If so, what about the calcification?

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this guy has been working hairloss for at least several years though, no?

Let the master speeks:

Any south korean out there to translate this ? It seems that south koreans hardly go bald, his team is full of full heads. Bad sign :/

I'm not Korean, so someone can correct me, but I think it was just general stuff. Nothing relating to hairloss.

It's true that they tend to have hairloss, or even a muturing hairline, less often. But it does still happen. Their beauty standards are a little more up front too, like you often have to put a photo of you on job resumes, this creates a bigger demand. Not to mention there is a lot of medical tourism in Korea.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score

If it really took that f*****g long to get finasteride in the market, people need to stop hyping stuff that hasn’t even gone to clinical trials yet...

Dude your faith in Follica is bordering on silliness now.
How re you so sure? I am hopeful for it... but that’s it. Hopeful, not convinced.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the man. I can tell you this.

And this treatment is moving fast.

What people need to understand is that the discovery date does not match the publication date. Choi team has been working on this for two years or more, and it also has been confirmed that this is being used on human trials already and there are less regulations there in South Korea.

This research are being funded by the government, its happening in one the greatest universities out there and the man behind it has made other notable discoveries and hes very respected all around the world.

This guy will blow everything out of the water.

I’m reading a bunch of he says she says from this post. You sound like a hype man that every hairloss snake oils have.