South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amino acid sequence RKTGHQICKFRKC with the carboxyl group (n terminal may also work) linked to the amino acid sequence RRRRRRRR with a glycerin linker GGGG.

CXXC5
MSSLGGGSQDAGGSSSSSTNGSGGSGSSGPKAGAADKSAVVAAAAPASVADDTPPPERRNKSGIISEPLNKSLRRSRPLSHYSSFGSSGGSGGGSMMGGESADKATAAAAAASLLANGHDLAAAMAVDKSNPTSKHKSGAVASLLSKAERATELAAEGQLTLQQFAQSTEMLKRVVQEHLPLMSEAGAGLPDMEAVAGAEALNGQSDFPYLGAFPINPGLFIMTPAGVFLAESALHMAGLAEYPMQGELASAISSGKKKRKRCGMCAPCRRRINCEQCSSCRN[RKTGHQICKFRKC]EELKKKPSAALEKVMLPTGAAFRWFQ

CXXC4
MNTNVCVEPGPSPEAPGLPKESHLPEGALNSLVDYNSEMERYRSFATSFYKTNGGAFPQAAKIARITTPIFPSSAAAAAAAARIGMSPWNCDNAATAAAATAMLWGSGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRKSSSAAASSSASSSSAILPAGGGGGGGGGGSRTSMHHRNDSQRLGKAGCPPEPSLQMANTNFLSTLSPEHCRPLAGECMNKLKCGAAEAEIMNLPERVGTFSAIPALGGISLPPGVIVMTALHSPAAASAAVTDSAFQIANLADCPQNHSSSSSSSSGGAGGANPAKKKRKRCGVCVPCKRLINCGVCSSCRN[RKTGHQICKFRKC]EELKKKPGTSLERTPVPSAEAFRWFF

Other possibilities for the protein transduction domain:
Example:
PTD(RRRRRRRR) <GGGG> DBM(RKTGHQICKFRKC)

RRRRRRRR
YGRKKRRQRRR
DAATATRGRSAASRPTERPRAPARSASRPRRPVE
RQIKIWFQNRRMKWKK
AGYLLGKINLKALAALAKKIL

Vehicle: 50% ethanol, 20% propylene glycol, 30% water

We can reproduce the mouse study to verify which PTD sequence works.

I would suggest adding equol, FGF9, minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride, RU 5% and Seti 2gr daily dose.

Why? f*** it, just want to know if anything works. Even if such a cocktail won't regrow something f*** everything and wait for Tsuji.

OFXMBLD

Reaction score
ELI5 it pls

In their mouse model, they achieved the increased wound healing by attaching 8 arginine residues to the front end (N-terminal) of a peptide. That's the "RRRRRRRR" amino acid sequence, which I will call the pirate peptide. The DBM peptide is the important bit, it inhibits the interaction between ldbf and dvl. That's our payload.

Now, in order to get results, we need to grease a few palms with glycine to link up with our pirate peptide, which has the ability to translocate through cell membranes in order to get our DBM payload where it needs to go. Boom, we deliver the payload, code-named L337 Hax and let it get to work jamming ldbf and dvl. That's going to open up the Wnt/β-Catenin Pathway, which we're going to run down and hopefully find our treasure, and hair.

With a bit of money and time we can probably find a working PTD-DBM polypeptide, and there are potentially multiple ways to make it work since the important part is the amino acid sequence from CXXC5, and if pirates won't help us there are other short peptides that will.

Assembling the team (polypeptide PTD-DBM) could be done in days, but you would want to test it on a mouse and try reproducing their results before all else, because we can't tell for certain if that's the exact amino acid sequence they used. Also, not exactly cheap.

Last edited:

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
In their mouse model, they achieved the increased wound healing by attaching 8 arginine residues to the front end (N-terminal) of a peptide. That's the "RRRRRRRR" amino acid sequence, which I will call the pirate peptide. The DBM peptide is the important bit, it inhibits the interaction between ldbf and dvl. That's our payload.

Now, in order to get results, we need to grease a few palms with glycine to link up with our pirate peptide, which has the ability to translocate through cell membranes in order to get our DBM payload where it needs to go. Boom, we deliver the payload, code-named L337 Hax and let it get to work jamming ldbf and dvl. That's going to open up the Wnt/β-Catenin Pathway, which we're going to run down and hopefully find our treasure, and hair.

With a bit of money and time we can probably find a working PTD-DBM polypeptide, and there are potentially multiple ways to make it work since the important part is the amino acid sequence from CXXC5, and if pirates won't help us there are other short peptides that will.

Assembling the team (polypeptide PTD-DBM) could be done in days, but you would want to test it on a mouse and try reproducing their results before all else, because we can't tell for certain if that's the exact amino acid sequence they used. Also, not exactly cheap.
So you're suggesting I buy a sh*t ton of nice and experiment on them? Lol

OFXMBLD

Reaction score
So you're suggesting I buy a sh*t ton of nice and experiment on them? Lol

Oh good point, you might need to get permission for that. If you get denied they make good pets. The most rodents I've ever kept in my room at one time was 35. It's doable, and with all the exercise wheels spinning you won't need a white noise generator to get to sleep.

But in all seriousness, what I meant to say was someone who isn't me. If someone decides to use it and it doesn't work, testing it on mice would help narrow the potential issues down. Also, given they got results in a few weeks, it's pretty easy to see if the results can be reproduced with PTD-DBM we make. Why not?

Last edited:

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked LUO to make the compound but he replied;

The compound PTD-DBM is a peptide. But the artical has not released the amino acid sequence. So we are not able to produce it now. If we know, maybe we can produce it. Thank you very much

Amino acid sequence RKTGHQICKFRKC with the carboxyl group (n terminal may also work) linked to the amino acid sequence RRRRRRRR with a glycerin linker GGGG.

CXXC5
MSSLGGGSQDAGGSSSSSTNGSGGSGSSGPKAGAADKSAVVAAAAPASVADDTPPPERRNKSGIISEPLNKSLRRSRPLSHYSSFGSSGGSGGGSMMGGESADKATAAAAAASLLANGHDLAAAMAVDKSNPTSKHKSGAVASLLSKAERATELAAEGQLTLQQFAQSTEMLKRVVQEHLPLMSEAGAGLPDMEAVAGAEALNGQSDFPYLGAFPINPGLFIMTPAGVFLAESALHMAGLAEYPMQGELASAISSGKKKRKRCGMCAPCRRRINCEQCSSCRN[RKTGHQICKFRKC]EELKKKPSAALEKVMLPTGAAFRWFQ

CXXC4
MNTNVCVEPGPSPEAPGLPKESHLPEGALNSLVDYNSEMERYRSFATSFYKTNGGAFPQAAKIARITTPIFPSSAAAAAAAARIGMSPWNCDNAATAAAATAMLWGSGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRKSSSAAASSSASSSSAILPAGGGGGGGGGGSRTSMHHRNDSQRLGKAGCPPEPSLQMANTNFLSTLSPEHCRPLAGECMNKLKCGAAEAEIMNLPERVGTFSAIPALGGISLPPGVIVMTALHSPAAASAAVTDSAFQIANLADCPQNHSSSSSSSSGGAGGANPAKKKRKRCGVCVPCKRLINCGVCSSCRN[RKTGHQICKFRKC]EELKKKPGTSLERTPVPSAEAFRWFF

Other possibilities for the protein transduction domain:
Example:
PTD(RRRRRRRR) <GGGG> DBM(RKTGHQICKFRKC)

RRRRRRRR
YGRKKRRQRRR
DAATATRGRSAASRPTERPRAPARSASRPRRPVE
RQIKIWFQNRRMKWKK
AGYLLGKINLKALAALAKKIL

Vehicle: 50% ethanol, 20% propylene glycol, 30% water

We can reproduce the mouse study to verify which PTD sequence works.

Awesome work OFX. You two should get together (or at least Sanchez should use OFX's info) and contact LUO and see if this is doable.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
His response:

Thank you for your kind reply.
http://jem.rupress.org/content/jem/212/7/1061.full.pdf
AS mentioned in the article on page 12, PTD-DBM is not CXXC5 or CXXC4. So we have to figure out what its structure is. If you know in the future, you can contact me at anytime, and I believe we can try to synthesize it. Thank you wery much.

Best Wishes,
Gang Luo

I love those crazy Chinese labs that would synthesize anything for money.

OFXMBLD

Reaction score
He misunderstood. RRRRRRRRGGGGRKTGHQICKFRKC is PTD-DBM. R8 is the protein transduction domain, that allows DBM to penetrate through the cell wall. GGGG is the glycerin linker. RKTGHQICKFRKC is the peptide which relates to CXXC5 and CXXC4.

Octaarginine (R8) peptides and other arginine peptides are delivery vectors, but there is more than one way to deliver a package and the protein transduction domain can technically be different things. It's not the only short peptide which can enable translocation through cell walls. The most correct way to say it is RRRRRRRRGGGGRKTGHQICKFRKC is a version of PTD-DBM and the most likely one they used.

In other words, the best place to start would be making PTD-DBM according to this amino acid sequence:
RRRRRRRRGGGGRKTGHQICKFRKC

Last edited:

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He misunderstood. RRRRRRRRGGGGRKTGHQICKFRKC is PTD-DBM. R8 is the protein transduction domain, that allows DBM to penetrate through the cell wall. GGGG is the glycerin linker. RKTGHQICKFRKC is the peptide which relates to CXXC5 and CXXC4.

Octaarginine (R8) peptides and other arginine peptides are delivery vectors, but there is more than one way to deliver a package and the protein transduction domain can technically be different things. It's not the only short peptide which can enable translocation through cell walls. The most correct way to say it is RRRRRRRRGGGGRKTGHQICKFRKC is a version of PTD-DBM and the most likely one they used.

In other words, the best place to start would be making PTD-DBM according to this amino acid sequence:

https://www.google.com/patents/US9763994
; )

OFXMBLD

Reaction score
Yeah, I believe the PTD-DBM they are referring to is actually PolyR8-DBM according to this early patent and what they most likely used in their wounding study. Although we don't know FOR CERTAIN if it's the the same poly-peptide they used in their hair study, we know that it should have the same mechanism of action and they have used it before. It's the best place we have at the moment to start, although I think it would be good if someone can test it to make sure there isn't something they are leaving out of their present patent disclosure.

Btw. I posted a link to that patent earlier in this thread back on Dec. 10 (https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/posts/1591120/)

Edit: Also, there are lots of labs which can create custom peptides. The process is in principle fairly simple, however it can be a lengthy (costly process). Generally the longer the amino acid sequence, the more expensive it is to create. Some modifications to an amino acid sequence can be more tricky and hence more expensive than others. At the fundamental level, all your doing is biasing one side of an amino acid and the opposite side of another, so that they join in the correct sequence. Easily in principle but a bit challenging in practice if high purity is required. The cost could easily be in the neighborhood of a few hundred dollars per gram, although hopefully someone is willing to do it cheaper.

Last edited:

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I believe the PTD-DBM they are referring to is actually PolyR8-DBM according to this early patent and what they most likely used in their wounding study. Although we don't know FOR CERTAIN if it's the the same poly-peptide they used in their hair study, we know that it should have the same mechanism of action and they have used it before. It's the best place we have at the moment to start, although I think it would be good if someone can test it to make sure there isn't something they are leaving out of their present patent disclosure.

Btw. I posted a link to that patent earlier in this thread back on Dec. 10 (https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/posts/1591120/)

Edit: Also, there are lots of labs which can create custom peptides. The process is in principle fairly simple, however it can be a lengthy (costly process). Generally the longer the amino acid sequence, the more expensive it is to create. Some modifications to an amino acid sequence can be more tricky and hence more expensive than others. At the fundamental level, all your doing is biasing one side of an amino acid and the opposite side of another, so that they join in the correct sequence. Easily in principle but a bit challenging in practice if high purity is required. The cost could easily be in the neighborhood of a few hundred dollars per gram, although hopefully someone is willing to do it cheaper.
Well let's find someone? Maybe we can also donate towards this so you can get it, then get it tested and excitement it and see if it works, that would be amazing.

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You can send email to Doctor and ask

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
His response:

Thank you for your kind reply.
http://jem.rupress.org/content/jem/212/7/1061.full.pdf
AS mentioned in the article on page 12, PTD-DBM is not CXXC5 or CXXC4. So we have to figure out what its structure is. If you know in the future, you can contact me at anytime, and I believe we can try to synthesize it. Thank you wery much.

Best Wishes,
Gang Luo

Thanks for contacting Luo, Sanchez. As he seems open to the project and you two have developed somewhat of a conversation, any chance you could email him again with OFX's clarification here?

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for contacting Luo, Sanchez. As he seems open to the project and you two have developed somewhat of a conversation, any chance you could email him again with OFX's clarification here?
Or maybe OFX should email him since he knows 100% about what he's talking about.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree. I am currently on daro so im not going to be the first one who uses this.

His email: service@2hparm.con.

Really good guy and helpfull. We tested his next gen anti androgen darolutamide and it came back real pure. So as far as i know he is also reliable.

Dont forget to update your discussion with him on tbis forum.