Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, @Somebody

I'm checking your YouTube channel now. Thank you very much for all the work you have done!

Just watched the video about topical finasteride. You posted it a month ago. Could you please give some updates about it?
I know it's pretty short timeframe, but anyway, I'm keen to hear any details.

Cheers, man!

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just watched the video about topical finasteride. You posted it a month ago. Could you please give some updates about it?
I know it's pretty short timeframe, but anyway, I'm keen to hear any details.
5α-Reductase inhibitors like finasteride and dutasteride inhibit 5α-reductase type II and/or other isoforms and are able to decrease circulating DHT levels by 65 to 98% depending on the 5α-reductase inhibitor in question.[26][27][28][20] As such, similarly to the case of 5α-reductase type II deficiency, they provide useful insights in the elucidation of the biological functions of DHT.[29] 5α-Reductase inhibitors were developed and are used primarily for the treatment of BPH. The drugs are able to significantly reduce the size of the prostate gland and to alleviate symptoms of the condition.[14][30] Long-term treatment with 5α-reductase inhibitors is also able to significantly reduce the overall risk of prostate cancer, although a simultaneous small increase in the risk of certain high-grade tumors has been observed.[15] In addition to prostate diseases, 5α-reductase inhibitors have subsequently been developed and introduced for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men.[31] They are able to prevent further progression of hair loss in most men with the condition and to produce some recovery of hair in about two-thirds of men.[13] 5α-Reductase inhibitors seem to be less effective for pattern hair loss in women on the other hand, although they do still show some effectiveness.[32] Aside from pattern hair loss, the drugs are also useful in the treatment of hirsutism and can greatly reduce facial and body hair growth in women with the condition.[33][16]

5α-Reductase inhibitors are overall well-tolerated and show a low incidence of adverse effects.[34] Sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, and reduced ejaculate volume, may occur in 3.4 to 15.8% of men treated with finasteride or dutasteride.[34][35] A small increase in the risk of affective symptoms including depression, anxiety, and self-harm may be seen.[36][37][38] Both the sexual dysfunction and affective symptoms may be due partially or fully to prevention of the synthesis of neurosteroids like allopregnanolone rather necessarily than due to inhibition of DHT production.[36] A very small risk of gynecomastia has been associated with 5α-reductase inhibitors (1.2 to 3.5%).[34][39] Based on reports of 5α-reductase type II deficiency in males and the effectiveness of 5α-reductase inhibitors for hirsutism in women, reduced body and/or facial hair growth is a likely potential side effect of these drugs in men.[13][16] There are very few studies evaluating the side effects of 5α-reductase inhibitors in women. However, due to the known role of DHT in male sexual differentiation, 5α-reductase inhibitors may cause birth defects such as ambiguous genitalia in the male fetuses of pregnant women. As such, they are not used in women during pregnancy.[34]

MK-386 is a selective 5α-reductase type I inhibitor which was never marketed.[40] Whereas 5α-reductase type II inhibitors achieve much higher reductions in circulating DHT production, MK-386 decreases circulating DHT levels by 20 to 30%.[41] Conversely, it was found to decrease sebum DHT levels by 55% in men versus a modest reduction of only 15% for finasteride.[42][43] However, MK-386 failed to show significant effectiveness in a subsequent clinical study for the treatment of acne.[44]

Biological activity[edit]
DHT is a potent agonist of the AR, and is in fact the most potent known endogenous ligand of the receptor. It has an affinity (Kd) of 0.25 to 0.5 nM for the human AR, which is about 2- to 3-fold higher than that of testosterone (Kd = 0.4 to 1.0 nM)[45] and 15–30 times higher than that of adrenal androgens.[46] In addition, the dissociation rate of DHT from the AR is 5-fold slower than that of testosterone.[47] The EC50 of DHT for activation of the AR is 0.13 nM, which is about 5-fold stronger than that of testosterone (EC50 = 0.66 nM).[48] In bioassays, DHT has been found to be 2.5- to 10-fold more potent than testosterone.[45]

The elimination half-life of DHT in the body (53 minutes) is longer than that of testosterone (34 minutes), and this may account for some of the difference in their potency.[49] A study of transdermal DHT and testosterone treatment reported terminal half-lives of 2.83 hours and 1.29 hours, respectively.[50]

Unlike other androgens such as testosterone, DHT cannot be converted by the enzyme aromatase into an estrogen like estradiol. Therefore, it is frequently used in research settings to distinguish between the effects of testosterone caused by binding to the AR and those caused by testosterone's conversion to estradiol and subsequent binding to and activation of ERs.[51] Although DHT cannot be aromatized, it is still transformed into metabolites with significant ER affinity and activity. These are 3α-androstanediol and 3β-androstanediol, which are predominant agonists of the ERβ.[17]

Biochemistry

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Reason that I'm back to rogaine is that, in 2017 until now I have been unfocused and doing to many thing in personal life as well in business. I haven't been as constant and disciplaned with my regime as before. So now I have decided to get back on track.

In Norway it's not that easy to get raport from a public doctor at my age. Nowadays there are dozens of success stories, so obviously it's not only me who got results. Of course I would love to be that special snowflake....

P.S Add picture of me between Oct 2008 to Feb 2009 just propeica and some supplements

Dude just get some basic hormones checked in a private clinic, we need to see how hormones on a very succesful finasteride user with no sides look like specially after years of treatment. Ideally, you should have taken some bloodworks before... but still. That will be useful, diet tips and posting more pics is not that useful no ofense. We need to get scientific about things.

neronero

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey somebody, thank god you are still posting after all these years.
I've been doing research and i have found that many people regrew their hair when they travel to south east asia. Is the period you started getting insane regrowth the same time you were in SEA?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey somebody, thank god you are still posting after all these years.
I've been doing research and i have found that many people regrew their hair when they travel to south east asia. Is the period you started getting insane regrowth the same time you were in SEA?

Just living in SEA should not have any affect. Eating a lot of fish (like they do) could potentially make you keep your hair for a bit longer if we are really reaching for it.

neronero

My Regimen
Reaction score
i respectfully disagree. There is much research on the distribution of balding in different regions of the world. There is also research based on the masculinity in different regions of the world. On average Asian countries bald 10 years later than western countries. Perhaps if we move to asia we may experience a regression towards the mean - a proposition that i think is quite plausible.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i respectfully disagree. There is much research on the distribution of balding in different regions of the world. There is also research based on the masculinity in different regions of the world. On average Asian countries bald 10 years later than western countries. Perhaps if we move to asia we may experience a regression towards the mean - a proposition that i think is quite plausible.

What type of masculinity?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey, after living there for almost 10 years I would say that it's not that easy. First there are differences. Asian people with most hair live in Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia. With less hair in Thailand, Malay, Singapore. I was once flying from Saigon to Hanoi at evening. Whole airplane was full with men in 40s to 50s with head full of hair in black color. I was sitting in back seat so could make that observation. I was the only foreigner on that trip.
I think diet has really a lot to say! It's a huge difference between diet in for ex Thailand vs Vietnam. First time I went to Asia I didn't eat local food at all. It was only my 4 year that I made a step and began eating local. I had some improvments. Diet can be effective in early stages of hair loss. I was so far out of that range that I wouldn't be able to regrow just by diet change. Other thing about Asia is that there is a lot of sun light and in some inflammation cases it can be helpful (but it can also lead to disaster in others).
Also hair loss in asian men in most cases (80%) is very slow thining over long time. Most likely dht/age related.

How do you know sun will be good or bad on your scalp?

Any news on a bloodwork with DHT etc?

And why are you living in there of all countries?

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You use a 1.5mm everyday? and you apply minoxidil the same night? mhh, how Long do you wait after rolling until you apply minoxidil, and what Shampoo u use?, I can't hop on nizoral, im forced to sit on head & shoulders cuz of my dandruff

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You use a 1.5mm everyday? and you apply minoxidil the same night? mhh, how Long do you wait after rolling until you apply minoxidil, and what Shampoo u use?, I can't hop on nizoral, im forced to sit on head & shoulders cuz of my dandruff

Uhm... you are supposed to use Nizoral if you have dandruff.

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Uhm... you are supposed to use Nizoral if you have dandruff.

I've been on a Keto-Shampoo in the past, it made nothing againgst my Dandruff, my Scalp got incredibly itchy and red and the dandruff was getting worse and worse by the Minute.

Compared the ingredients to Nizoral, almost identical.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on a Keto-Shampoo in the past, it made nothing againgst my Dandruff, my Scalp got incredibly itchy and red and the dandruff was getting worse and worse by the Minute.

Compared the ingredients to Nizoral, almost identical.

I used Nizoral for a month, removed my dandruff after 10 or so days, stopped for a week, got a little back, used nizoral for another week... never had itch/dandruff again... that was 1 and a half years ago.

Nizoral made my hair dry though so I've since then moved to Regenepure DR which has a slighter amount of Keto in it but much nicer to your hair and scalp so that's what I use every now and then to keep my scalp happy.

In your case, you should seek medical help if you have such issues with your scalp, no yolo self-medication.

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Nizoral for a month, removed my dandruff after 10 or so days, stopped for a week, got a little back, used nizoral for another week... never had itch/dandruff again... that was 1 and a half years ago.

Nizoral made my hair dry though so I've since then moved to Regenepure DR which has a slighter amount of Keto in it but much nicer to your hair and scalp so that's what I use every now and then to keep my scalp happy.

In your case, you should seek medical help if you have such issues with your scalp, no yolo self-medication.

I'm happy with Head and shoulders

I may have exaggerated a tiny bit ( not saying it didn't happen) but yea, Things didn't get better with a keto Shampoo
and I tried it for 3-4 Weeks like every other day.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm happy with Head and shoulders

I may have exaggerated a tiny bit ( not saying it didn't happen) but yea, Things didn't get better with a keto Shampoo
and I tried it for 3-4 Weeks like every other day.

So what you gonna do about it? If Nizoral doesn't work, visiting a doctor is not scary. :p

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what you gonna do about it? If Nizoral doesn't work, visiting a doctor is not scary. :p

what a stupid discussion

If keto Shampoos don't help me with my dandruff for w/e reason I will stick to what helps.

Not scared of doctors, It's just a waste of time to even bother

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what a stupid discussion

If keto Shampoos don't help me with my dandruff for w/e reason I will stick to what helps.

Not scared of doctors, It's just a waste of time to even bother

How do you know if you don't have any scalp infections?

I just find it weird that Nizoral has not had any positive effects at all. It's one thing if it's returning, but Nizoral should at least provide some temporary relief.

Last edited:

killme

Established Member
Reaction score
my question is why the f*** would you use 1,5mm if you are only perforating a bit, why not use a smaller needdle and not worry about over pressing?

also, why do you claim seeing thin hairs is good and thick long hairs bad?

in my opinion, thin hairs falling = miniaturizing, hairs not completing full circles

thic long hairs falling = normal cycle completed, should grow again

You can feel it... There are different types of scalp inflammation. Back in old days I was taking solarium when I lived in Norway, it helped to reduce tension on scalp. In Asia again it can be to much sun, the problem I had in 2011. Very oily and itchy scalp.

It will be done, but I would like to take it on insurance when I return to Asia

Long story. But I like to move around and challange my comfort zone

also solarium, u mean the tanning beds? how often? im paranoid about skin cancer and sh*t but might try it. i just cant find much time to tan in the sun

caution, he says he doesnt fully press, so i guess its only like 0.5mm?

like i said, i would ask him why not use a 0.5mm needle and not risk pressing too much....

also u tried the jason dandruff relief shampoo?

Last edited:

Luke777

My Regimen
Reaction score
HI guys,

I was using minoxidil for 2 years without any success. I gave up on it because it brought only more shedding.

After reading this thread I decided to give it 3-4 months try with 3tubes of rogaine + dermaroller + perilla + anti-inflamatory diet and supplements . 5 weeks so far with no results on my head, however, I am getting more hairy on my chest.

Have you ever experienced that?

Is there a way to avoid that and to explain minoxidil to work on a body part where I apply it?:)

My update:

I am finishing my 3-4 months try rogaine + dermaroller + perilla with no obvious results (apart more hairs on other parts of the body).

Recently I have been studying about topical finasteride and I decided to give it a shot (oral finasteride has never been an option for me).

I will try another 3-4 months on essengen-6 plus (minoxidil 6% and finasteride 0,05%) + dermaroller + perilla + nizoral + suplements (biotin, methionin, omega3, antiflamatory stuff...).

Hope topical finasteride and nizoral will make a difference. I will keep you informed.