Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics) | Page 40 | HairLossTalk Forums

Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Somebody, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Distressed

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  2. abovedagame

abovedagame Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have u had blood work done to check ur liver after being on finasteride/supplements for so long? Any negatives?

Do u think revita shampoo has anti androgen properties or only helps because it addresses inflammation?

Btw I'm so irritated. First revita went out of stock. Now foligain does not exist anymore. I've heard bad things about regenepure and their marketing tactics. I might just have to stick to regular nizoral but I can't use it daily.

3. abovedagame

Dislikes Received:
    Also do u find that you are more gentle on your hair after hair loss during shampoo/combing/etc?

Ever since hair loss started I comb and shampoo lightly to not harm my already weakened hair

4. Mazaza

Mazaza New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey Alex,

Thanks for your reply, I will dig in ''natural'' DHT blockers. I don't know which one yet though but I will update once I take a decision on that. I also found a way to get my hands on dried perilla leaves (but will probably have them only at the end of December).

Otherwise, I started dermarolling, it takes me ages to do it right (long hair + inexperienced). Today I applied minoxidil immediately after rolling, and on some areas where I rolled a bit harder (temples) it stung like crazy and my scalp feels very itchy right now. Two questions about that:
    • Is supposed to sting then itch? Am I going too hard?
    • Do you wait a few minutes before applying minoxidil after rolling?

Also, a more general remark: I think the quality of my hair and the quantity I shed are correlated a lot to my diet and lifestyle. Recently I was drinking much more water, increased my vegetable intake and got plenty of sleep, and had much healthier hair than for the last 10 days (during which I boozed a lot, felt stressed, slept too little). Maybe it is just in my head though.

Cheers,
    Mazaza

#784 Mazaza, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  5. AIH

AIH Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What are those bad things ? I use Regenepure DR and NT.

6. Somebody

Somebody Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes, I was taking dutasteride x 3 times a week. It was suggested by dermatalogist. Reason was that lifespan for dutasteride, was much longer then for finasteride.

Yes. You check them out. Product is inexpensie so you dont take to much risk by buying them. You can make tea, but over the years I have found that for me its just esiest just drink down with water.

Yes. One year ago. Everything was fine. I think its helpful that have good diet, do gym and take supplements.

Inflammation

Yes. I agree. You could try: https://www.biovea.com/eu/product_d...O-with-2--Minoxidil---2--Trioxidil--8oz-240ml Active ingredients:
    Ketoconazole 1%, Minoxidil Sulfate 2% w/w, Salicylic Acid 1%.
    I haven't tried it myself, but will buy next time before I run out of Foligain D1 (I liked better Foligain SR)
    I comb and massage my scalp quit strong now. For me when I have inflammation under control, its not that easy to pull out hair anymore.

Yes, I think you are doing it litle to hard. You could just practic first in front, so you can get feel for it. And after do rest of scalp. I think it would be helpful to read other threads about dermarolling, who have done it same way as I did. I apply nminoxidil right away after dermarolling.

I think you are right about it. Water and diet is important.

mryellowman, abovedagame and Mazaza like this.
  7. Erland

Erland Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I recently swapped from nizoral to Regenepur DR, should I consider Foligain instead?

Somebody likes this.
  8. DAVAT

DAVAT Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks for answering the PM. Whether its the Perilla or the egg white mask or a combination of that with the other treatments, my scalp and hair feels healthier and there is definitely already less shedding, great. (edit, I've also added fish oil tablet)
    I'm now considering restarting dermaroller with minoxidil again perhaps even a minoxidil/finasteride solution

Thanks

Somebody likes this.
  9. abovedagame

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like u have good derms in ur country that know about inflammation and these drugs. Was the dutasteride dermatologist in Asia or ur home country?

Foligain now has minoxidil in shampoo? Kinda weird

Somebody likes this.
  10. abovedagame

Dislikes Received:
    Basically an old member on hairloss help admitted that he posted a fake review on youtube for the company in order to get money. I think there was some similar scandal that went on here too. I just don't trust the company. Not sure if the product is any good though.

Somebody likes this.
  11. Somebody

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Try Regenpur DR first.

Good news. Good luck with treatment.

It was french dermatologist in Vietnam. It was actually from him that I learned about inflammation and hair loss.

Yes, I agree. I hope they have serious scientific research behind it. Other wise it's just a marketing trick. So far I have used Foligain SR great shampoo, and Foligain D1 ok shampoo. Since they both are out of market I don't have other option then give a new Foligain a chance.

12. Johnmpb

Johnmpb Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Alex did u experience any shedding when switching between different shampoos like Revita, folligain, etc?

13. Somebody

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Timeline:
    From Nizarol to Revita no shedding
    Revita+Aloe vera shampoo no shedding
    Revita+DANDRUFF RELIEF SHAMPOO no shedding
    From Revita to Foligain SR no shedding
    From Foligain SR to Foligain D1 same shedding*
    *I have experienced some shedding after i began with D1. But it can also be other factors as I been working a lot for last few weeks.

Johnmpb likes this.
  14. Erland

Erland Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Anything you recommend to look for in a hair oil? If not for any regrowth related effects, decent hair oil could potentially keep my hair that I have left in check by keeping it healthy. Maybe some oil with inflammation treating components?

#794 Erland, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Somebody likes this.
  15. Somebody

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Oils are tricky subject. In mainstream media "everyone" is recommending oils as hair loss treatment. But oils can have an opposite effect and even trigger inflammation. If you want to use oils you need to check first your skin type. Next step is to find what oil that suits your needs and skin type. There are tables on different oil types. First sign from applying wrong oil is acne on scalp. Some oils like coco nut oil and olive oil "never dries". They may be great for hair, but not for scalp.

Emu oil for inflammation and castor oil for regrow can be possible oils to look into. But from my experience, I'm sceptical.

Erland likes this.
  16. baldistheword

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi, Alex.

Have you ever tried Broccoli Sprouts? They are rich in Sulforaphane and have also other benefits to health.

17. abovedagame

Dislikes Received:
    Somebody,
    I am currently on big 3. I use nizoral 2% about 3 times a week. The other time I use tgel coal tar shampoo for my psoriasis. If this gets inflammation under control is it still better to use Revita over the tgel shampoo so I'm using keto 7 times per week? I can buy Revita from a nearby shop for a decent price. Or is nizoral 2% 3 times a week enough?

Also what r ur thoughts on drinking milk. I like to drink low fat chocolate milk after my workouts bc it has carbs and protein (11 grams per 8oz). One dermatologist told me milk was bad bc it could flare up acne and hair loss.

18. baldistheword

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I have noticed a huge change in inflammation after stopping drinking milk and eating gluten. Maybe it is placebo, maybe it is not.

abovedagame likes this.
  19. InCider

InCider Member

Dislikes Received:
    No, its not placebo. Dairy is well known for being inflammatory.

abovedagame likes this.
  20. Somebody

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Pictures I found are not the best. But dind't find other

No. I haven't

Only way to find out is to run a test for few weeks.

Yeah dermatologist may have a point. I think milk can be one of factors that can play in. I still drink milk daily, but lot less then in past. On average around 0.4 L a day.
    Anyway diet is important, especially regarding inflammation.

Attached Files:

DHTpolice and abovedagame like this.