Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely works and 520 needles work best even though that is counter intuitive. I'm getting my entire hairline back right now. It's reversing rapidly.

Do note that I made many posts before about how I stopped and lost my progress but this time progress is much better because I'm doing this twice a day. In the morning I will dermaroll with 192 needle to cover my bases but I will only dermaroll my hairline and crown area lightly 5 times in perpendicular directions. However I night I will dermaroll with 520 needles and I will do it with 3/10 intensity. Basically I will let the weight of the dermaroll sit on my scalp and then apply just a little bit of pressure and start one rep of dermarolling.

For some reason my hairline is responding really freaking fast compared to the hair on the back of my head. Hopefully they catch up. This time I'm taking regular pictures and therefore I will not be giving up because I have already seen thin but long hair on my entire head regrowing in the pics.

I will post at the 8 month mark which will come in September 2018 in my own new thread.

Please note I kept my hair buzzed for the first to months and for a minute or so I massaged the minoxidil into my scalp with index and middle finger on both hands. Not too much to compromise absorption.

My hair recovery situation was also very fast, just like you.

Thanks to the dermaroller I went from NW3 to NW1.5 in 6 months and I'm still recovering

There is no other treatment that is not invasive or hormonal that is so effective in treating frontotemporal baldness

Time will do justice to the dermaroller as an essential therapy for the regrowth of hair, especially combined with Minoxidil and a good antiandrogen

killme

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair recovery situation was also very fast, just like you.

Thanks to the dermaroller I went from NW3 to NW1.5 in 6 months and I'm still recovering

There is no other treatment that is not invasive or hormonal that is so effective in treating frontotemporal baldness

Time will do justice to the dermaroller as an essential therapy for the regrowth of hair, especially combined with Minoxidil and a good antiandrogen

That's f*****g insane. These claims are going to need some picture evidence tbh.

What mm, amount of needles, model u use?

What frequency of usage?

Do you apply minoxidil/topicals right after perforating? if not how much do u wait

Do you wash the remainders of the blood? Do you take a shower before or after?

How do you desinfect the roller?

Any other relevant question I may be forgetting.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's f*****g insane. These claims are going to need some picture evidence tbh.

What mm, amount of needles, model u use?

What frequency of usage?

Do you apply minoxidil/topicals right after perforating? if not how much do u wait

Do you wash the remainders of the blood? Do you take a shower before or after?

How do you desinfect the roller?

Any other relevant question I may be forgetting.

Started last November, so almost 8 months

Sorry, no pics. I used to avoid them like the plague because i was so self-conscious about hairloss

About my routine: 1.5 mm dermarolling session 2 times a week, medium intensity, until I see just a few drops of blood, clean the area and apply minoxidil

Im also on Avodart since 2013, which completely stabilize my hairloss and its playing its game at maintaining the new hair created by dermarolling and minoxidil 5%,

Another important thing, I have always been an average responder, used finasteride, minoxidil, RU58841 in the past and this is the first time im seeing cosmetic improvement from a treatment.

Last edited:

kysinjer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe this thread is this long and Somebody is still here. I just binged this entire thread today, so much interesting information.

I'm 24 and my hairs thinning at the crown, it's at that point where if the light hits it directly you can see my scalp completely. I made this account to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and progress, especially Somebody.

I was on Minoxidil 1 year ago, stopped and lost all my gains, and now I've been on it again for about 3-4 months. Still shedding a lot, im really hoping it stops shedding soon. I'm taking lots of supplements, PSO I started last week, biotin last week, vitamin d 2 weeks ago. minoxidil 2x a day and derma wounding 1x a week.

After reading this post I ordered the 540 needle that Somebody uses and will now integrate light derma rolling.

I'm pretty scared of using propecia, I feel like my body is pretty sensitive to side effects and don't want my libido to drop. Anyone have any advice here? If I was to get it, would I go to a dermatologist and just ask for it? How much would it be?

Thanks

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe this thread is this long and Somebody is still here. I just binged this entire thread today, so much interesting information.

I'm 24 and my hairs thinning at the crown, it's at that point where if the light hits it directly you can see my scalp completely. I made this account to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and progress, especially Somebody.

I was on Minoxidil 1 year ago, stopped and lost all my gains, and now I've been on it again for about 3-4 months. Still shedding a lot, im really hoping it stops shedding soon. I'm taking lots of supplements, PSO I started last week, biotin last week, vitamin d 2 weeks ago. minoxidil 2x a day and derma wounding 1x a week.

After reading this post I ordered the 540 needle that Somebody uses and will now integrate light derma rolling.

I'm pretty scared of using propecia, I feel like my body is pretty sensitive to side effects and don't want my libido to drop. Anyone have any advice here? If I was to get it, would I go to a dermatologist and just ask for it? How much would it be?

Thanks
I think without something for DHT you won't keep what you gain with minoxidil and Dermarolling. That's the general consensus. The DHT will continue to eat away at your hair follicles. So you need at least something to protect your hair. Some people use topicals to fight DHT. The most accepted proven way is Finasteride pills. There can be side effects but quite rare statistically. "Somebody" takes 0.5mg finasteride and it's working for him. As he says, we need something for inflammation as well. A healthy scalp will keep hair better. So there are a number of factors. If you adopt a regimen like many on here you give yourself the best chance. I'm adopting something similar to "somebody". 1mg finasteride, Min 2/day,some good shampoos to help scalp and fight DHT, now incorporating derma-rolling. From what I've read over the years, this seems to be the best route for many. If these don't work (or if you get side effects), then look at alternatives.

As regards where to buy: I'm in Ireland so finasteride is not available here to my knowledge without prescription and it's expensive. I've ordered online from the UK. Dr. Fox, MedExpress are two where you can get generic finasteride reasonably cheaply. Recently I've looked into getting it from further afield. Many on this forum recommend AllDayChemist in India. I've been in contact with them. They seem to be reliable. You can order 6 months supply for about $50. The only catch is you have to do a bank transfer to pay. Once you've set that up I imagine it's straightforward enough. Another one I found is premiumrxdrugs. They seem legit too and will take credit card. Their orders are limited to 90 tablets per order but I asked them and they can do 180 on request for outside US. So there are options. I've worked out that if you get Kirkland Minoxidil from kirkland's own site and finasteride from one of the above, you could be paying only about $100 every six months. To me that's great value as finasteride from the UK costs me 100euro every six months. Once you have these two medicines secured at a good price it frees you up to spend on other things like good shampoos, conditioners and vitamin supplements. That's my plan for the foreseeable anyway.

kysinjer

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think without something for DHT you won't keep what you gain with minoxidil and Dermarolling. That's the general consensus. The DHT will continue to eat away at your hair follicles. So you need at least something to protect your hair....

Wow thanks a lot for that in depth response, Red October. Really appreciate it.

You definitely convinced me to at least try a generic finasteride. So Propecia comes in a couple different strengths right? I read about a 5mg pill that I could break into 5 pieces. I'd definitely like to get a generic one at Walmart or something since they're so cheap.

What are the steps to get it?

I was thinking of going to a GP, asking for a prescription. What should I say to make sure I get the right prescription? Just ask for a generic finasteride? Or specifically a proprecia 5mg scrip?

I want to avoid any side effects as much as possible.
Thanks again

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow thanks a lot for that in depth response, Red October. Really appreciate it.

You definitely convinced me to at least try a generic finasteride. So Propecia comes in a couple different strengths right? I read about a 5mg pill that I could break into 5 pieces. I'd definitely like to get a generic one at Walmart or something since they're so cheap.

What are the steps to get it?

I was thinking of going to a GP, asking for a prescription. What should I say to make sure I get the right prescription? Just ask for a generic finasteride? Or specifically a proprecia 5mg scrip?

I want to avoid any side effects as much as possible.
Thanks again
No problem man. I've no idea of the steps involved in getting prescription. I've only ever ordered non-prescription. If you can get it cheap do it. That's one of the biggest obstacles (or was for me) as you don't want to be spending tonnes on medicines for your hair. As I said it'll free up funds to spend on good shampoos and other added bonuses which may further your results. I've never tried the 5mg tablets. Not sure I'd want the hassle of cutting pills but many do that. It's ridiculously cheap. From the online pharmacies I mentioned I could get a year's supply of 5mg for €50!!

kysinjer

My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem man. I've no idea of the steps involved in getting prescription. I've only ever ordered non-prescription. If you can get it cheap do it. That's one of the biggest obstacles (or was for me) as you don't want to be spending tonnes on medicines for your hair. As I said it'll free up funds to spend on good shampoos and other added bonuses which may further your results. I've never tried the 5mg tablets. Not sure I'd want the hassle of cutting pills but many do that. It's ridiculously cheap. From the online pharmacies I mentioned I could get a year's supply of 5mg for €50!!

Thanks man, you're the best.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am changing my regimen. My scalp get tender a lot with two times a day dermarolling. But since the reason for doing it twice a day is to take the benefit of both 540 and 192 needle dermarollers and cover my bases, I'm going to do both of them at night only. So from now on my regimen is;

finasteride
minoxidil
Keto Shampoo
Dermaroller

Two times a day

Morning only minoxidil
Night : 7 times in two directions perpendicular to each other(540 needle dermaroller)
7 times in two directions perpendicular to each other(192 needle dermaroller)
Apply minoxidil immediately after.

Before and After pics in September at 6 month mark.
6 month for frontal region
4 month for crown region because I started in a progressive manner from frontal to crown region to avoid minoxidil overabsorption sideeffects.

Why use 192 and 540? daily? that's a ton of dermarolling.. I guess you aren't pressing much. 1.5mm?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not doing a ton of dermarolling. I used to do 5 times horizontal and 5 times vertical with 192 in the morning and 10 times horizontal and 10 times vertical with 520 at night. But that lead to my scalp being tender. So now I do 14 times vertical and 14 times horizontal in TOTAL. Seven times for 520 horizontal and vertical and seven times for 192 horizontal and vertical.

I do this because I can't tell for sure which type of dermaroller out of 520 and 192 is better. So, I am making sure I'm covering my basis.

As for the amount of pressure I use - I will do it lightly and my goal is to increase minoxidil absorption rather than wounding. There is no blood at all and just slight redness.
What's the mm on the nails?

Dermarolling daily is a lot, but if you are not pressing too much I guess 24 hours is enough for it recover, im not sure tho... im scared it could lead to inflamation buildup from not having enough time to heal even if its superficial damage only.

Also I dont get how in the f*** you guys apply minoxidil right after rolling, it must sting like a mofo, even a small scrath + alcoholic solution should sting, wtf.

How do you desinfect the nails? this is crucial, an infection is easy to get in the bath because its a very humid place. Somebody applies some sort of spray but I would ideally sink it within alcohol. But for daily usage that would be a lot of money invested on alcohol.

killme

Established Member
Reaction score
Liquid Alcohol hand sanitizer. 500 ml bottle lasts 3-4 months.
you use the sprayer or sink it into a glass of alcohol 96%?

and wow twice dermarolling daily it's a lot, I guess you use 1.5mm but press very very little

but the benefits from studies of dermarolling is due big wounding, you are just increasing absorbption

can you post a pic and video to see how you guys do it? and to see how your scalp looks like after you roll it with so called minimal pressure? maybe someone thinks they are applying minimal pressure but they are applying too much and end up creating a mess (or are pressing to little, wasting time)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is crazy how well some people can respond to propecia ! you were a good responder in the first year of treatment I presume
still on minoxidil foam ?

kysinjer

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the past 10 weeks I've been dermarolling twice a week with a cheap generic roller with lots of needles so the crappy kind which people advise against on here, and it's definitely thickening up my hair. There is no doubt density looks better, this may be seasonal or whatever but I can categorically state that density is somehow improved. My crown was thin and the swirl was non existent and it still is, but checking in the mirror the other day I can see and feel a difference. When my hair is wet I can actually slick it back somewhat which wasn't really possible before because the vertex was prohibitively thin and sort of didnt connect to the hairline

Thanks for the story, are you also taking finasteride? Or is your regimen just derma rolling/keto

Tom Cruise

My Regimen
Reaction score
holy sh*t. I still can't find any perilla leaves here in Australia (perth) after looking for months. Do they go by different names or what ?

anyone know a supplement with the leaf not the oil?

any australian's here find this leaf lmao?

kysinjer

My Regimen
Reaction score
holy sh*t. I still can't find any perilla leaves here in Australia (perth) after looking for months. Do they go by different names or what ?

anyone know a supplement with the leaf not the oil?

any australian's here find this leaf lmao?

Look for shiso at Japanese markets